/* */

PDA

View Full Version : comparative religion

Malaikah
01-30-2007, 10:56 AM
:sl:

just wondering... could someone possibly explain where the limits are when it comes to comparative religion in this forum?

I mean, the rule is that promoting ones faith is not allowed, but their seems to be many threads dedicated exactly to that purpose...

so this seems a bit confusing, where does one draw the line about what it promotion and what is not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
01-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaah

The Staff are currently discussing this matter.

glo
01-31-2007, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaah

The Staff are currently discussing this matter.
I am looking forward to the moderators' clarifications on this matter.
I too have been increasingly confused wbout what can and what cannot be expressed about one's personal beliefs.

Thank you for all your hard work, mods! :)

Woodrow
01-31-2007, 10:18 AM
It is an issue each mod is very concerned about. Our goal is to have very clear and very fair guidlines. Please be patient and understand no actions are taken without careful thought and discussion.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamway
01-31-2007, 10:27 AM
WELL ACCORDING TO THE ADVICE OF BOOK OF ALLAH:-

"And hold fast altogether to the rope of Allaah and do not become divided." [Soorah Aali-‘Imraan 3:102]

"And do not be like those who differed and split-up after the clear evidences came to them." [Soorah Aali-‘Imraan 3:105].

"And help you one another in righteousness and piety, but do not help one another in sin and transgression." [Sooratul Maa`idah 5:2]

"The Believers – men and women – are protectors to each other, they order the good and forbid the evil…" [Sooratut-Tawbah 9:71]

"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful admonition, and argue with them in ways that are better." [Sooratun-Nahl 16:125]

And he (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Whosoever sees an evil, then let him change it with his hand. If he is unable to do this, then with his tongue, and if he is unable to do this, then with his heart. And that is the weakest of eemaan (faith)." [4]

And he (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Whosoever directs a person to do good, will have a reward similar to the one who does that good." [5]

And the aayaat and ahaadeeth with this meaning are plenty." [6]

snakelegs
02-05-2007, 02:37 AM
good thread. this is a grey area - i've seen posts (and threads) there too that i thought were "promoting a religion other than islam".
it's hard to make hard and fast rules on this. but sometimes a person will go on and on about their religion when no one has asked them - or even start a whole thread like this. the section should be used for information and not for preaching. but of course, it will vary what any individual sees as preaching because some of us (like me) are more sensitive to this issue than others.
answering questions is obviously different.
anyway it's good you brought this up.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Very good to bring up indeed. I was always wondering the same.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.