/* */

PDA

View Full Version : QM ANNUAL DINNER "Verily, To Allah We Belong, and To Him is Our Return" March 9th

Abu Nuh AMW
02-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Asalamu'alaikum wa'rahmatullah

Asalamu'Alaikum Wa'rahmatullah to all!

Hope you are all well insha'allah.

Here is the poster for the QM Annual Dinner.
Tickets will be sold at all QM events in between now and the Event!

Wa'alaikum'asalam wa'rahmatullah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
02-14-2007, 12:49 PM
alhamdulilah great stuff...have been waiting to go to events for a long time...

inshAllah will try to go there inshAllah.....gotta ask my friends...

shukran for letting us know....

Abu Nuh AMW
02-14-2007, 10:04 PM
we have events evry week at QM you should come down! wednesday 2-3 pm next week talk by shaikh suhaib hassan

- Qatada -
02-14-2007, 10:07 PM
:wasalamex

Welcome to the forums bro! :)

:salamext:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
02-14-2007, 10:09 PM
yes and also we @ westminister have a lot of events aswell :p come der instead :p naa lol everyone should try and make it mashallah these talks wereva they are or whoeva they are by are alwyz beneficial, cos even if like one tin goes into your head it can have a good impact on u inshallah :D

Kittygyal
02-14-2007, 10:12 PM
salamualikum.
first of all welcome abroad :D, && erm where is this even taking place?
Ma'assalama

chacha_jalebi
02-14-2007, 10:13 PM
^ queen mary uni

Kittygyal
02-14-2007, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
^ queen mary uni
salamualikum.
where's that :uuh:
Ma'assalama

IbnAbdulHakim
02-14-2007, 11:41 PM
:salamext:

jazakAllah khair, im gnna b there, broz been talkin bout this all year inshaAllah it will benefit everyone that goes, TAWFIQ CHOUDHURY IS BRILLIANT MASHALLAH!!!!

Helena
02-16-2007, 12:17 PM
yaay am going inshAllah with my other mates inshAllah...

need to get hold of the tickets or ask my uni friend from QM to save or reserve me some tickets inshAllah...

the speakers and the lectures itslef sounds very appealing....wouldnt miss it....

Abu Nuh AMW
02-19-2007, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
first of all welcome abroad :D, && erm where is this even taking place?
Ma'assalama
wa'alaikum'asalaam wa'rahmatullah

welcome abroad?? or aboad?? :S :playing:!!

the event will take place on the stage of the great hall at the Queen mary university in the Mile End, in the East london. in the post code E1 4NS. in the UK!

lol wasalaam

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Nuh AMW

welcome abroad?? or aboad?? :S :playing:!!

the event will take place on the stage of the great hall at the Queen mary university in the Mile End, in the East london. in the post code E1 4NS. in the UK!

lol wasalaam
SALAMUALIKUM
WHATEVER BORAD, ABORAD, BRODNA WHATEVER :rolleyes:

kk help needy money to go

Ma;assalama

Abu Nuh AMW
02-19-2007, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
yaay am going inshAllah with my other mates inshAllah...

need to get hold of the tickets or ask my uni friend from QM to save or reserve me some tickets inshAllah...

the speakers and the lectures itslef sounds very appealing....wouldnt miss it....
asalamu'alaikum wa'rahmatullah

tickets can be bought online this year :D
www.queenmaryisoc.co.uk

Abu Nuh AMW
02-19-2007, 10:40 PM
SALAMUALIKUM
WHATEVER BORAD, ABORAD, BRODNA WHATEVER :rolleyes:

kk help needy money to go

Ma;assalama
lol ok. get money like other people get it...no i dont mean mugging people :playing:

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 10:41 PM
lol ok. get money like other people get it...no i dont mean mugging people :playing:
salamualikum.
okay IZ gone bed now buh bye

Helena
02-20-2007, 09:36 PM

tickets can be bought online this year :D
www.queenmaryisoc.co.uk

seriously buy it online?...is it safe?...i need 3/4 tickets...i'll call the sisters up..and arrange a meeting near the mosque or something...

isnt any other uni selling it? apart from QM?

Abu Nuh AMW
02-20-2007, 09:37 PM
seriously buy it online?...is it safe?...i need 3/4 tickets...i'll call the sisters up..and arrange a meeting near the mosque or something...

isnt any other uni selling it? apart from QM?
you can buy tickets at the talk 2moro!
yes you can buy them online and safely! I did :D

Helena
02-20-2007, 09:44 PM
jazaks for ur every help...will buy the tickets online or either from someone....hope it dsnt run out....

Kittygyal
02-20-2007, 09:45 PM
salam
so is the security good in this place than the other one:?
w.salam

Abu Nuh AMW
02-22-2007, 08:22 PM
salam
so is the security good in this place than the other one:?
w.salam
yep theres security and stewards running around so quite safe alhamdulilah.
tickets will be out to the heads of the other uni isocs in a week or so so watch out inshallah.
also all next week at all the talks this coming week.
tell all your friends and family!!

Maidah
02-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Is this the queen marys uni in london area? and is the people from the uni that is arranging this, and are they going to be there?????

Abu Nuh AMW
02-22-2007, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
Is this the queen marys uni in london area? and is the people from the uni that is arranging this, and are they going to be there?????
asalamu'alaikum

Yes
Yes
and
Yes

whys that?

Maidah
02-22-2007, 09:00 PM
errm nothing special really i guess. So you're sure it's gonna take place inside the actual uni itself??

Abu Nuh AMW
02-22-2007, 11:14 PM
errm nothing special really i guess. So you're sure it's gonna take place inside the actual uni itself??
salaam
well, yep.
the great hall is on the grounds of the uni, so im sure it will be inside the uni!:playing:

Maidah
02-22-2007, 11:17 PM
salaam
well, yep.
the great hall is on the grounds of the uni, so im sure it will be inside the uni!:playing:

hmmm no further info needed i guess. thanx. ok maybe not, what time will it finish?????

Abu Nuh AMW
02-22-2007, 11:23 PM
hmmm no further info needed i guess. thanx. ok maybe not, what time will it finish?????
it should finish by about 10ish insha'allah and sisters get a free ride home if you book early!

Maidah
02-22-2007, 11:34 PM
it should finish by about 10ish insha'allah and sisters get a free ride home if you book early!
wow that's nice for sisters that live far away places. Very well thought. neways jazakAllah khair for the info.

Abu Nuh AMW
02-22-2007, 11:34 PM
another QM Isoc event posted in events section :P

Abu Nuh AMW
03-01-2007, 12:07 AM
tickets now sold at:

BBQ BASE on Mile End road

PRESTIGE (moroccan restuarant) Slough High Street

MH-UK
03-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I wasn't able to get a ticket, because its no longer on the website.

Does that mean I can't go?

Jazak'Allah khayr

Abu Nuh AMW
03-09-2007, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MH-UK
Assalamu Alaikum,

I wasn't able to get a ticket, because its no longer on the website.

Does that mean I can't go?

Jazak'Allah khayr
wa'alaikum'asalaam

yep you can still come some tickets are still available! ring the ticket number (on the poster) 2moro inshallah and you can buy one at the event earlier in the day inshallah. but the sooner the better cos one the tickets are sold they are sold!

Helena
03-09-2007, 10:31 AM
i was gna ask where is exactly great hall located? nxt which building?....

darn am too late too ask...guess u wont be online.....

IbnAbdulHakim
03-09-2007, 11:48 AM
aint got a clue sis, ma sis knows but she wont be home till 9 and i cant call her whilst shes at work so hmm... call up qmu n ask inshaAllah.

Helena
03-09-2007, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
aint got a clue sis, ma sis knows but she wont be home till 9 and i cant call her whilst shes at work so hmm... call up qmu n ask inshaAllah.
alhamdulilah ur sisters working now.....:D

erm no worries......will call the QM or my friend whose studying there......

jazkas for ur help BRO...:D :)

MH-UK
03-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

The great hall is just left of the clock tower and the clock tower is opposite the peugeot garage i think lol, even though I'm a student there!

chacha_jalebi
03-09-2007, 04:41 PM
^ u can jus go therre and ask some one for directions innit :D

MH-UK
03-09-2007, 04:41 PM
:sl:

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/about/campus/m...tual_tour.html

This should help; Click the red dot on the main road and then look left all the way.

Helena
03-09-2007, 11:24 PM
jazaks for ur help...actually i've been to hall before...for another QM event...

when i got there i just followed the crowd got to the right place..alhamdulilah....

both speakers were excellent mashAllah......very beneficial indeed...

plus sheikh tawfiq choudhury were very hilarious....:D

afriend
03-10-2007, 10:48 PM
So urm, anybody want to contribute to how it was? :)

lolwatever
03-10-2007, 10:50 PM
lol i thought QM here meant "Quantitative Methods" :p

Helena
03-10-2007, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
lol i thought QM here meant "Quantitative Methods" :p
LOL..how cud that be possibly......Quantitative Methods ANNUAL DINNER "Verily, To Allah We Belong, and To Him is Our Return"...how does that sound?

lolwatever
03-10-2007, 11:01 PM
LOL..how cud that be possibly......Quantitative Methods ANNUAL DINNER "Verily, To Allah We Belong, and To Him is Our Return"...how does that sound?

lol well my QM lecturer was talking about QM parties last week i swear lol, so i thought this could have been a UK version of it! :hiding:

Helena
03-10-2007, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
lol well my QM lecturer was talking about QM parties last week i swear lol, so i thought this could have been a UK version of it! :hiding:
lol.......ur reasons have been accepted...this event was organised by ISOC....

for bro iqram question...it was very moving, awakening, esp the second speaker murtaza khan i think....very energetic voice, alot of gestures...and certainly the message got across...about verily we belong to Allah(swt)..

first speaker...mashAllah he was very funny....kept the audience alive.....

charity was held thru auction were frames( of a blind sis) was sold...and a silver or gold plate, contained Pakistani cricketer name as it was engraved.....

it finished late around half ten...for dinner we had biryani, somosa, drink and pudding...

Abu Nuh AMW
04-07-2007, 06:07 PM
The audios for all of the talks inc. the annual dinner should be up next week insha'allah.

jzcasejz
04-07-2007, 06:09 PM
^^ Best be, or else! Just kidding, JazakAllah to you and the QM dudes...holding it down! :shade: :thumbs_up

Abu Nuh AMW
04-07-2007, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
^^ Best be, or else! Just kidding, JazakAllah to you and the QM dudes...holding it down! :shade: :thumbs_up
lol don't tell anyone! on friday insha'allah.

Maidah
04-07-2007, 08:13 PM
hmm confused. is there going to be another dinner again at QM???

Abu Nuh AMW
04-07-2007, 08:16 PM
hmm confused. is there going to be another dinner again at QM???

I wish!! nope (not until next year anyway). but the audio recordings of the two talks on this annual dinner will be uploaded on the www.queenmaryisoc.co.uk website soon insha'allah.

Maidah
04-07-2007, 08:18 PM
^ jazakAllah khair for that :)

Helena
04-07-2007, 08:30 PM
cool....at least we can listen to the audio online......:thumbs_up

it was an excellent event..enjoyed lectures given by both brothers....any pictures available? if taken...any vids?

Abu Nuh AMW
04-07-2007, 10:26 PM
cool....at least we can listen to the audio online......:thumbs_up

it was an excellent event..enjoyed lectures given by both brothers....any pictures available? if taken...any vids?

yep top event alhamdulilah. we got pics I'll see what i can upload insha'allah. We've also got DVD recordings of the whole event and that'll be released in the not too distant future insha'allah. you'll probably be able to watch it on the website. just keep visiting the website for latest info. or ill post up any major changes here inshallah.

Helena
04-07-2007, 10:29 PM

yep top event alhamdulilah. we got pics I'll see what i can upload insha'allah. We've also got DVD recordings of the whole event and that'll be released in the not too distant future insha'allah. you'll probably be able to watch it on the website. just keep visiting the website for latest info. or ill post up any major changes here inshallah.
woah...proper advance...DVD recordings? is it for selling?.........hope to see some pics soon inshAllah.....

are there still talks taking place in QM???? i have to agree it was a top event without the nasheeds........

Abu Nuh AMW
04-07-2007, 10:45 PM
woah...proper advance...DVD recordings? is it for selling?.........hope to see some pics soon inshAllah.....

are there still talks taking place in QM???? i have to agree it was a top event without the nasheeds........
lol didn't you see the projection on the big screen behind the screen?? basically that was being recorded.

nah no events at QM over easter break. might be a course or something after though depends how busy we are with exams and stuff but im up for anything. kinda miss the QM isoc events :(.

what was wrong with the nasheeds?

Helena
04-07-2007, 10:54 PM
oh yeah.......projection was for recording...i see.....

sister were recording too....i think....miss the lectures held in QM..soo far attended one or two talks.......

erm..nasheeds...nothing wrong with it..its just the audience are abit hard to control or to remind them how to behave....

Abu Nuh AMW
04-07-2007, 11:06 PM
oh yeah.......projection was for recording...i see.....

sister were recording too....i think....miss the lectures held in QM..soo far attended one or two talks.......

erm..nasheeds...nothing wrong with it..its just the audience are abit hard to control or to remind them how to behave....
yea there were two cameras at different angles. the sisters one was being projected and the brothers one was one the floor. dont worri all the recordings of all the QM talks this year will be up on the website soon insha'allah so u cn listen to them all.

havnt decided what we'll do with the dvd recordings yet. probably just put it up on the website available for download or jus watch it like a youtube video thing. might sell some pro copies if people want em.
wa'alaikum'asalaam

Helena
04-07-2007, 11:10 PM
erm ok.....hope to see the recordings up soon inshAllah...or later as students are busy with revision....surely can wait.....

one more thing i personally preferred how brother were sitting...mashAllah.....nice arrangements.....:D:

MH-UK
04-14-2007, 04:27 PM

Looking forward to the audio going up on the website!

Abu Nuh AMW
05-02-2007, 11:26 PM
sorri for the delay guys forgot to tell you thattt.....

Assallamu alaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu

I pray that all of you and your families are in the best of health and imaan, ameen.

Due to popular demands, we have tried to speed up the process of uploading our regular lectures on to our website.

Alhamdulillah we have started uploading and insha Allah we will continue putting up more lectures.

You can access the lectures on our website under Audio & Video;

www.queenmaryisoc.co.uk.

Please note your browser will need the Quick Time Player plug in (the browser will usually prompt you to install it)

Hint: If the hit rate for our website increases extensively, it may cause us to up load more lectures even quicker!

wassallamu alaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu

QM ISOC

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.