/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaykh Muqbil's Final Advice to Students of Knowledge in the West

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Shaykh Muqbil's Final Advice to Students of Knowledge in the West
Shaykh Muqbil ibn Haadee al-Waadi'ee

O Shaykh, can you please give some advice to the students of knowledge in this country (America)?

We advice them with the same advice that Allaah has advised his slaves with, and it is: Taqwaa[1] of Allaah subhaanahu wa Ta’aala, as Allaah Ta’aala says:

{And verily, We have recommended to the people of the Scripture before you, and to you (O Muslims) that you (all) fear Allaah…} [An Nisaa/131]

After this [we advice them to have] Ikhlaas (sincerity) for Allaah ‘Az wa Jal:

{Surely, the religion (i.e. the worship and the obedience) is for Allaah only.} [Az Zumar/3]

{And they were not commanded, except that they should worship Allaah, and worship none but Him Alone (abstaining from ascribing partners to Him…} [Al Bayinah/5]

Al Bukharee and Muslim reported the Hadeeth of Jundub ibn ‘Abdilaah that the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

“Whomsoever seeks to be heard, Allaah will make it that he is heard, and whomsoever seeks to be seen, Allaah will make it that he is seen.”

[And we advice you] to be serious about as well as exert all your efforts in gaining beneficial knowledge. The Daa’eeya (caller) to Allaah will not be successful unless he has a good portion of knowledge, the lord of ‘Izzah said to his Messenger Muhammad:

{…and say: "My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.} [Taha/114]

Also, it is not befitting for one to give up on himself and say: “I have become old so I can’t understand.” Allaah is the granter of ease, and to be serious [about gaining knowledge] is what will make the difference.

We said that indeed Allaah is the granter of ease; this is because Allaah says in His book:

{And We have indeed made the Qur'aan easy to understand and remember, then is there anyone that will remember (or receive admonition)?} [Al Qamar/15]

And the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

“I was sent with ‘Al Hanafeeyah As Samhaa’’ (the beautiful upright path/way)”

And he says in the Hadeeth of Abu Huraiyrah which was reported in Saheeh Al Bukhaaree:

“Indeed this Deen (religion) is ‘Yusr’ (ease/easy) and none shall try to overcome the Deen except that it will defeat him.”

We also advice them to give Da’wah with lenience and softness, for indeed we live within a community, whether it is in Yemen or here [in America] . The caller to Allaah has no authority [over the people to] compel them to do anything, and if he was to compel them they would not respond in any case except through the guidance of Allaah subhaanahu wa Ta’aalah.

{You are not a dictator over them} [Al Ghaashiyah/22]

Another issue that I advice my brothers with, especially in the likes of this country is that we combine between mixing [with people] and being secluded/isolated. We do not mix with people or [attend] gatherings that are evil, even if they were to say there was a festival there or whatever:

{And those who do not witness falsehood...} [Al Furqaan/72]

It is not befitting that you attend.

We should also mix with people in order to give them Da’wah and teach them, this is the best thing [to do], and [this does not mean that we] blend/merge with people such as Al Ikhwaan Al Muslimeen do in order to give them Da’wah, [to the point that] they may even shave their beards and do other such things. But at the same time we should not isolate ourselves from the people, indeed it is not permissible to be isolated, the Muslims are in need of those who will teach them their religion.

This [is what I have to say] and I ask Allaah to grant me as well as yourselves success, Wal HamduliLaah Rabil ‘Aalameen.

[26 Jamadee al Akhar 1421/24-October-2000, while he was in America for treatment, may Allaah have mercy upon him and reward him with the best of rewards, indeed He is able to accomplish all things.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Explained as: A word that gathers the meaning; that one acts upon everything that Allaah has ordered whether it is Waajib or Mustahab (Sunnah), and that he stays away from everything that Allaah has prohibited whether it be Haraam or Makrooh.

Also: That one practices obedience to Allaah upon light from Allaah hoping for His mercy, and leaves disobedience to Allaah upon light from Allaah fearing His punishment.

Ar Rihlatul Akheerah Limaam Al Jazeerah: P.156

Translator: Nadir Ahmad, Abu Abdul-Waahid

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
02-13-2007, 09:31 AM
woww mashaAllah. that was very beutifull
jazakaAllah khayr
wasalaamu aleykum wr br

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-14-2007, 12:18 PM
:salamext:

Wa iyakkum.:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.