/* */

PDA

View Full Version : the wrong type of oats

The Ruler
02-13-2007, 04:47 PM
:sl:

i was just wondering if it is okay to put up titles that dont really go with what you are writing...but you do it to attract audience's attention...small persuasive technique...like for example the title above...it has nothing to do with this thread...although it does in a way...lets say titles are oats...in which case the title above is perfect...so ermm...can we?...we wont get warned?...or infractions?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
02-13-2007, 04:49 PM
hmmmmmmmmm..lol I always do that...put the title as something attractive even tho the topic isnt :p ask a mod tho I.A

SUMMAYAH
02-13-2007, 04:55 PM
You got me! I checked this thread out............

Kittygyal
02-13-2007, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:
salamualikum.
since when!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: dude where's that in rules ? never read them never seen them never seen tat quote did you make it up :muddlehea :muddlehea :muddlehea :muddlehea
Ma'assalama

Pssst give Taggy 5% then :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sapphire
02-13-2007, 04:57 PM
same^ (as wat sis SUMMAYAH thot)

i was thinking which person had lost their way around the forum and had posted something tht shud be in general forums here......boy was i suprised to find it was taggy...tht is until i red the post.....i actually found it funny....but it will confuse ppl ALOT....after all title are kinda like a sentence to describe wat the rest of the text is about...kinda.....

Kittygyal
02-13-2007, 05:02 PM
No, I did not make it up :rolleyes:
Check here.
salamualikum.
can't find it :uuh: && hey why did you edit me post because now i can only see this '' :sl: '' && noth the sentence you wrote duude!!!!!!! :thumbs_do
Ma'assalama

p.s found it it's right at the bottom hmpftt!

Al_Imaan
02-13-2007, 05:05 PM
No, I did not make it up :rolleyes:
Check here.
...i had to read the whole thing until i got to the meaningless topic part....:uuh:
^^so u too will find it in the end...

Woodrow
02-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Asalaamu Alaikums

Enough nonsense. Let us get this thread back on topic and no more straying from the topic of oats.

The oat family is a very large member of the grass family. It is a species of grass and there are several varieties. One that looks very promising in impoverished soil area is sea oats which is capable of growing in harsh sandy conditions. Making it of possible use in the mid east.

Currently the mid-east does not grow a significant amount of oats and nearly all cereal grains and flours need to be imported.

As far as prepared oats or "rolled oats" go the most popular and usually the right oats for the US would be "Quaker Oats"

Now, let us keep this thread on topic, before posts are pulled for being off topic.

Getting back to Sister ROOH's question:

i was just wondering if it is okay to put up titles that dont really go with what you are writing...but you do it to attract audience's attention...small persuasive technique...like for example the title above...it has nothing to do with this thread...although it does in a way...lets say titles are oats...in which case the title above is perfect...so ermm...can we?...we wont get warned?...or refractions?
I would suspect that would backfire. Keep in mind many readers do not read the posts they simply read the title and jump to the last page and post their opinion based on the title.

the next problem mods sometimes get rushed and if we see a Post that does not correspond with the title we may give an infraction and delete it as being off topic.

then you also have the risk of us seeing it as a meaningless title and deleting the thread along with an infraction, as Brother Alpha mentioned.

Snowflake
02-13-2007, 05:14 PM
^LOL @Woodrow's post :giggling:

Kittygyal
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Asalaamu Alaikums

Enough nonsense. Let us get this thread back on topic and no more straying from the topic of oats.

The oat family is a very large member of the grass family. It is a species of grass and there are several varieties. One that looks very promising in impoverished soil area is sea oats which is capable of growing in harsh sandy conditions. Making it of possible use in the mid east.

Currently the mid-east does not grow a significant amount of oats and nearly all cereal grains and flours need to be imported.

As far as prepared oats or "rolled oats" go the most popular and usually the right oats for the US would be "Quaker Oats"

Now, let us keep this thread on topic, before posts are pulled for being off topic.

Getting back to Brother ROOH's question:

I would suspect that would backfire. Keep in mind many readers do not read the posts they simply read the title and jump to the last page and post their opinion based on the title.

the next problem mods sometimes get rushed and if we see a Post that does not correspond with the title we may give an infraction and delete it as being off topic.

then you also have the risk of us seeing it as a meaningless title and deleting the thread along with an infraction, as Brother Alpha mentioned.

salamualikum.

o0o0o0h :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ma'assalama

Pk_#2
Brother Rooh :muddlehea

Woodrow
02-13-2007, 05:21 PM
And that got noticed in the short time It took me to go back and edit.

The Ruler
02-13-2007, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
"Brother" rooh just seems bored, so a suggestion....:p
i didnt know i had a sex change :hmm:

but anyways...problems solved

:threadclo

:w:

Al_Imaan
02-13-2007, 05:37 PM
^^lol....very entertaining....:uuh:....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.