/* */

PDA

View Full Version : family in islam

M-U-S-L-I-M
02-13-2007, 11:31 PM
The Family in Islam

The family enjoys a high status in Islam. It is the core of the society, because a healthy family means a healthy society. Hence Allah, the Exalted, commands that parents be treated with gentleness and submissiveness, saying:

And your Rubb has commanded that you worship none but Him, and treat your parents with kindness. If one or both of them attain old age in your care, never say to them a word (suggesting) disgust, nor reproach them, but address them with reverent speech. And humble yourself out of mercy before them and supplicate: My Rubb be merciful to them even as they fostered me in my childhood. (29)

Next to the nuclear and immediate family come the kinfolk. The Messenger of Allah, peace be on him, said that Allah has promised to be kind to the person who treats his kindred with kindness, and to bar from His mercy the person who severs relations with his relatives.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Samira_01
02-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Jzk'Allahu Qayran :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!