/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The True Beauty of the Reputation System

Skywalker
02-14-2007, 11:43 AM
:sl:

I just realised that the reputation system on this forum is quite beautiful because, in a way, it's like making duaa for someone.

Really.

You know when you constantly make duaa for yourself, "God ease my life, God give me this, God give me that," it's not the same as when you actually make duaa for someone else. "God help them, God cure them from their illness, God forgive them, etc." ...it feels more noble and selfless, and I think Allah would more likely answer the duaas of those who are selfless than the ones that always ask for things for themselves.

So can you see the resemblance? The more reputation you give to others, the greater the chance that you yourself will get your own reputation increased.

Pretty cool, huh?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
02-14-2007, 11:45 AM
salamualikum.
akhi you lost me here lol, your talking about that 'reputation' under your name? that one or reps? i still don't know what that 'repuation' is for :hiding:
Ma'assalama

Skywalker
02-14-2007, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygal
salamualikum.
akhi you lost me here lol, your talking about that 'reputation' under your name? that one or reps? i still don't know what that 'repuation' is for
Wa aleikum el salaam sister, I was talking about the reputation right under the post count. It's a way of "rewarding" other members of the forum when you think they've said something useful, funny, etc.

Kittygyal
02-14-2007, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
Wa aleikum el salaam sister, I was talking about the reputation right under the post count. It's a way of "rewarding" other members of the forum when you think they've said something useful, funny, etc.
salamualikum.
ah seen, but what is it for though? lool :hiding:
Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skywalker
02-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Wa aleikum elsalaam, I guess it's mostly for encouraging positive writing and discouraging negative writing.

:w:

Kittygyal
02-14-2007, 08:07 PM
salamualikum.
okay allah hu alim, erm wonders who's got the most reputation thinks it's Zak :D
Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.