/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seerah

Isaac
02-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Asalamulkum

Can any body please recommend a good and well presented book which goes through the seerah of Muhammed [saw]. I have listend to a audio versions, but feel the need to actually read and study it. As studying the seerah is ibada. I have read a few, but very briefly, and do not want to get into something unless im going to finish it.

JZK

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-14-2007, 05:32 PM
:sl:

http://onlineislamicstore.com/b7111.html

Worth every penny.

- Qatada -
02-14-2007, 05:33 PM
:wasalamex

http://www.amazon.com/Muhammad-Proph.../dp/186204290X

this ones really detailed bro, and its got a good flow to it aswell masha'Allaah.

Isaac
02-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Jzk

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sweet_jihad921
02-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

I recently have been reading "A Biography of the Prophet of Islam" It's a two volume set, alot of information is packed into both of the books. Unlike alot of books of seerah i've read it's pretty easy to get through.

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma...rophetMuhammad

sevgi
02-17-2007, 02:07 AM
wats a seerah...?its arabic so i dnt know...:embarrass

sevgi
02-17-2007, 05:21 AM
if its something like a biography and chronology of our Prophets life, then i recommend "the eternal light" which is in two parts and written by M fethullah gulen...

it is absolutely awesome. i dnt only recommend it...i think its a must for muslims and non muslims.

Muslim Knight
02-17-2007, 06:44 AM
"Muhammad: His Life based on the earliest sources" by Martin Lings (Abu Bakr Siraj ud-Din). Very good narrative.

sevgi
02-17-2007, 07:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
"Muhammad: His Life based on the earliest sources" by Martin Lings (Abu Bakr Siraj ud-Din). Very good narrative.

thats a really good one also...and i bought it for AU$15...cheap as peanuts...

- Qatada -
02-17-2007, 09:46 AM
:salamext:

I think the martin lings one has errors in like stating that the idol of Maryam peace be upon her was in the ka'ba and the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) never removed it. There are more too and Allaah knows best.

Muslim Knight
02-17-2007, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:salamext:

I think the martin lings one has errors in like stating that the idol of Maryam peace be upon her was in the ka'ba and the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) never removed it. There are more too and Allaah knows best.
It was stated that amongst the idols the Mushrikeen placed around and inside the Kaaba, there was a painting of Maryam and the infant 'Isa, and the Mushrikeen left it alone there for the Christian pilgrims to worship.

I guess Martin Lings neglected (or forgot?) to mention about its removal afterwards. Otherwise, it is still good book. I actually learnt to become more appreciative of the Prophet's struggle.

IceQueen~
02-17-2007, 10:51 AM
The Sealed Nectar by Shafiu-Rahman al Mubarakpuri

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.