PDA

View Full Version : The amazing similarity between us and X-Men



Skywalker
02-14-2007, 07:46 PM
:sl:

Subhan Allah.

What a discovery! Did you guys ever notice that Muslims and the mutants portrayed in the X-Men have a lot of interesting similarities that I can't believe I haven't noticed before?

First of all, they live among humans and they know they're different. Ring any bells? Humans fear them because they don't understand them, and fear that they can use their powers to hurt people. Most mutants are harmless, but a faction of them (led by Magneto) are out to kill humans by following their own radical ideaologies. The ones led by Prof. Xavier are taught to further enhance their skills while at the same time learning tolerance towards humanity.

The similarities are astounding! Tell me what you guys think...

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
02-14-2007, 08:00 PM
salamualikum.
whoa akhi lool you are great at looking for smilarities lool *repuation rings a bell?* :D
Ma'assalama
Reply

Chechen
02-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah me too I was watching the movie and started thinking wow it's a bit like us. It's true bro our situations are very alike.
Reply

Muezzin
02-15-2007, 10:44 AM
I noticed that the X-Men stories are becoming much more relevant to Muslims now. In the past the comics were very relevant to homosexuals, Jews and black people. They still are, but it seems a growing number of Muslims are drawing parallels, which is great. The stories are allegories for all minority groups, so everyone feels some sort of resonance.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
IbnAbdulHakim
02-15-2007, 11:08 AM
:salamext:

nice analysis lol, even though we're not exactly mutants :uuh: but we sure get a lot of heat from them kaafirs, hey at least we know our victory is inevitable , its just what are we doing to get a share of the reward :) !
Reply

Re.TiReD
02-15-2007, 11:55 AM
LOL!! you could say the same between us and anything really....But it's not always good to look like the injured party :) we don't have to if we dont want to be...interfaith dialogue ring a bell? :p
Reply

'Abd al-Baari
02-15-2007, 12:24 PM
lol, thats interesting in a funny way yet so true as well
Reply

Wolodyjowski
02-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Mmmmm i dont think that you are right.
By the way i am X Men fan since i was a kid.
First of all most X Men condemn "bad mutants" like Magneto or Apocalypse. And as we know most muslims rather support than condemn Hamas or Hesbullah ( if you want sources check my post "How many muslims actually support terrorism")
Then X Men never pretended that there is nothing wrong with many mutants, while most muslims ( at least on this forum) claim that islamic terrorism was made up by western media.
Third thing, most immportant thing. X Men fought against bad mutants, often sacrificed their life. While so called moderate muslims dont do anything to stop their extremist brothers and sisters.
Reply

SUMMAYAH
02-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Skywalker
:sl:

Subhan Allah.

What a discovery! Did you guys ever notice that Muslims and the mutants portrayed in the X-Men have a lot of interesting similarities that I can't believe I haven't noticed before?

First of all, they live among humans and they know they're different. Ring any bells? Humans fear them because they don't understand them, and fear that they can use their powers to hurt people. Most mutants are harmless, but a faction of them (led by Magneto) are out to kill humans by following their own radical ideaologies. The ones led by Prof. Xavier are taught to further enhance their skills while at the same time learning tolerance towards humanity.

wow! I never thought of it in that way before.

The similarities are astounding! Tell me what you guys think...

:w:

wow! I never thought of it in that way before.
Reply

Skywalker
02-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Dreamer
LOL!! you could say the same between us and anything really....But it's not always good to look like the injured party we don't have to if we dont want to be...interfaith dialogue ring a bell?
I don't necessarily look at us as the injured party, nevertheless this to me is the closest fictional representation of Muslims I've seen in any movie.

Originally Posted by Wolodyjowsky
First of all most X Men condemn "bad mutants" like Magneto or Apocalypse. And as we know most muslims rather support than condemn Hamas or Hesbullah ( if you want sources check my post "How many muslims actually support terrorism")
I know you got ur account disabled man, but I'll reply anyway in case you come back. Hamas and Hezbollah can hardly be called the equivalents to Magneto or Apocalypse. Now you're talking Al-Qaeda, and not many Muslims, if any, support them. Hamas and Hezbollah do tend to be aggressive sometimes, but they can hardly be called "terrorists" as in they want to "kill all kuffar." They're just doing what they feel is right to protect their people from opression.

Secondly, some Muslims are unsure who to side with, just as Wolverine in the first movie didn't care about peace and shared some of Magneto's ideas. With some guidance from Prof. X, he was directed back to the right path.

Then X Men never pretended that there is nothing wrong with many mutants, while most muslims ( at least on this forum) claim that islamic terrorism was made up by western media.
That's because they saw it firsthand and not through the media.

Third thing, most immportant thing. X Men fought against bad mutants, often sacrificed their life. While so called moderate muslims dont do anything to stop their extremist brothers and sisters.
That's because the "humans" in our world are already doing that part and killing a countless number of "good mutants" along the way. Plus, when did the X-Men ever take humans as allies in the war against Magneto?

:w:
Reply

Re.TiReD
02-15-2007, 03:49 PM
:sl: iN that case I Would agree bro....(btw the pic thread is waiting for your opinions inshA'Allah)
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 12:15 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 04:46 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 06:00 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!