/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jesus - in Spanish

GreatLoveJesus
02-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Salam and Hello,

While we were discussing the holiness of Jesus as a "Holy" name in anonther forum, it occured to me that many of the non-English speaking Christians around the world are getting it all wrong.

For example, the Christians whose mother tongue is Spanish pronounce "Jesus" like "Hesus"; and the "He" sounds not like "heat" or "heal", but more like "hen" and "help".

So we see here that the Spanish-speaking people who have been Christians for centuries upon centuries sand number in the hundreds of millions are getting this name all wrong, since it has nothing to do with "Joshua" or "Yehshua" when they pronounce it.

The same applies for Jehovah, but that is another thread.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
duskiness
02-15-2007, 10:54 PM
and what is wrong with reading J as H ?????

Keltoi
02-15-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm afraid I don't see the point of this thread. Am I missing something?

GreatLoveJesus
02-16-2007, 10:08 AM
^

It makes quite a big difference, if there is emphasis put on what "Jesus" means as a name: If the Spaniards who were entrenched enemies of Muslims have yet to figure out how to pronounce this name, then theer are bigger problems than what meets the eye for Christianity.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Strzelecki
02-16-2007, 10:17 AM
I know a Jesus. He pronounces his name Hey-Zeus. :) [Yes, it's the Spanish variant.]

Hope that helped.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.