/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2 Hadiths

brother_rk
02-16-2007, 01:42 PM
:sl:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I'm looking for 2 hadiths. If any of you know them, please give the hadith and/or the references to them if possible.

1) Something along the lines of a man asking the Prophet (SAW) what the least he could do to get into Jannah. The Prophet replied with things he can do.

2) The Prophet (SAW) said something along the lines of certain Du'a or Thikr that a Muslim can make that will equal Hajj, Umrah, Salat, etc. if said in the morning and night.

I'm not sure of either, so InshAllah someone can provide me with the correct information.

Jazakum Allah Khair :)

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
02-16-2007, 01:52 PM
salamualikum.
akhi can you elaboarate on the second one inshallah, if you mean this

Yahya related to me from Malik that Ziyad ibn Abi Ziyad said that Abu'd-Darda had said, "Shall I not tell you the best of your deeds, and those that give you the highest rank, and those that are the purest with your King, and are better for you than giving gold and silver, and better for you than meeting your enemy and striking their necks?" They said, "Of course." He said, "Remembrance (dhikr) of Allah ta ala." (Imam Malik: Muwatta Book 15 No 15.7.24)

Malik related to me from Nuaym ibn Abdullah ibn al-Mujmir from AIi ibn Yahya az-Zuraqi from his father that Rifaa ibn Rafi said, "One day we were praying behind the Messenger of Allah, (SAW), when the Messenger of Allah, (SAW), raised his head from ruku and said, 'Allah hears the one who praises Him' (Sami Allahu liman hamidah). A man behind him said, 'Our Lord, praise belongs to you - blessed, pure and abundant praise' (Rabbana wa laka'l hamd kathiran tayiban mubarakan fihi). When the Messenger of Allah, (SAW), had finished, he said, 'Who was it who spoke just now?' The man said, 'I did, Messenger of Allah,' and the Messenger of Allah, (SAW), said, 'I saw more than thirty angels rushing to it to see which one of them would record it first.' "
(Imam Malik: Muwatta Book 15 No 15.7.25)

then i understand but please do elaborate inshallah
am hunting down for them inshallah :)
Ma'assalama

brother_rk
02-16-2007, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
akhi can you elaboarate on the second one inshallah, if you mean this

Yahya related to me from Malik that Ziyad ibn Abi Ziyad said that Abu'd-Darda had said, "Shall I not tell you the best of your deeds, and those that give you the highest rank, and those that are the purest with your King, and are better for you than giving gold and silver, and better for you than meeting your enemy and striking their necks?" They said, "Of course." He said, "Remembrance (dhikr) of Allah ta ala." (Imam Malik: Muwatta Book 15 No 15.7.24)

Malik related to me from Nuaym ibn Abdullah ibn al-Mujmir from AIi ibn Yahya az-Zuraqi from his father that Rifaa ibn Rafi said, "One day we were praying behind the Messenger of Allah, (SAW), when the Messenger of Allah, (SAW), raised his head from ruku and said, 'Allah hears the one who praises Him' (Sami Allahu liman hamidah). A man behind him said, 'Our Lord, praise belongs to you - blessed, pure and abundant praise' (Rabbana wa laka'l hamd kathiran tayiban mubarakan fihi). When the Messenger of Allah, (SAW), had finished, he said, 'Who was it who spoke just now?' The man said, 'I did, Messenger of Allah,' and the Messenger of Allah, (SAW), said, 'I saw more than thirty angels rushing to it to see which one of them would record it first.' "
(Imam Malik: Muwatta Book 15 No 15.7.25)

then i understand but please do elaborate inshallah
am hunting down for them inshallah :)
Ma'assalama
W'salam,

The second one was somewhere along the lines of the Prophet (SAW) asking his companions if they wanted to be able to make Hajj a number of times, make Umrah a number of times, pray all their prayers... something like this... and they said yes, so he told them to say something or do something after they wake and before they sleep and this will equal all those things.

May Allah (SWT) grant me knowledge on this.

Jazakum Allah Khair for your efforts in helping me with this :)

Kittygyal
02-16-2007, 02:01 PM
salamualikum.
akhi check this one okay inshallah http://fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadith02.htm

&& also maybe you wana check this out inshallah http://fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadiths.htm

good hadiths here dude http://www.themadina.com/index.php?P...4&topic=856.45

Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al_Imaan
02-16-2007, 02:03 PM
u can also search the key words at this site.. www.searchtruth.com......it may bring up the hadith u were looking for...

brother_rk
02-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Salam,

Thanks to both of you for the help, but I have been searching with no luck. I was hoping someone on here would actually know them in particular.

I will check again in the links you guys posted.

Jazakum Allah Khair :)

Kittygyal
02-16-2007, 02:14 PM
salamualikum

''Whoever guarantees me what is between his legs, and what is between his jaws, I guarantee him Paradise."

i know it's not the hadith you want but mahsallah this is a wonderful quotae!

Ma'assalama

brother_rk
02-16-2007, 04:14 PM
MashAllah! How Forgiving Allah, All-Merciful truly is! :) Sub7an Allah!

Kittygyal
02-16-2007, 04:22 PM
salamualikum.
"Teach your sons swimming and archery and teach your daughters sewing."

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) was asked,
"Which is the best deed?"
He said, "To believe in Allah and His Messenger."
He was then asked, "Which is the next (in goodness)?"
He said, "To participate in Jihad in Allah's cause."
He was then asked, "Which is the next?"
He said, "To perform Hajj-Mabrur."
Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.