/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Curiousity about Istikhara

Rabiyal
02-18-2007, 08:48 AM
:sl:
I was just wondering how many of you brothers and sisters know about Istaikhara? and how many of you have done it just for the sole purpose of Marriage?? and what were the results? I don't mean result by you got married or not? but the result of your dream or any signs from Allah guiding you to marry the person of your dreams??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Um_ahmad
02-18-2007, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabiyal
I was just wondering how many of you brothers and sisters know about Istaikhara? and how many of you have done it just for the sole purpose of Marriage?? and what were the results? I don't mean result by you got married or not? but the result of your dream or any signs from Allah guiding you to marry the person of your dreams??
I want to thank you for asking this question, because i have wondered alot too. I hope someone replyes soon.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-18-2007, 09:44 PM

http://www.islamicboard.com/642531-post2.html

Um_ahmad
02-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Thank you bro I understand it now :).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
02-18-2007, 10:17 PM
AsalamuAlaykum warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

erm, heard of it YES

KNOW it YES

erm performed it YES

for marriage...:muddlehea NO... maybe another time :D

Ahh i love dreams :)

Rabiyal
02-19-2007, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani
Ok I understand, and I know what is Istaaikhara, but my question is still not answered...

when after this istaaikhara Dua which is suppose to be done after your Isha Prayers or before going to sleep(please correct me if I am wrong). Then I hear you are suppose to see a dream of some sort for Guidance from Allah?? is that true?? and in that dream if you specifically see Green and White these are good signs and Black and Red are bad signs??? is that true??

I am not sure if it's just typical human created stuff or is in a Hadith somewhere or if it's correct interpertion of Istaaikhara?
Please clear this confusion.

Malaikah
02-19-2007, 01:55 AM

Sis, you don't have to see a dream. The prayer for istikhara is just a dua that you ask of Allah to guide in your choice and make it the best option for you. Dreams aren't necessary. You just have the make the dua, then make a choice based on that you think is the best choice (after having considered it properly, talked to people etc) and put your faith in Allah that you made the right choice. :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-19-2007, 02:17 AM

After doing Istikhara, you won't see a dream. Usually you will feel inclined towards an option and you are to follow that inclination even if that option before doing the Istikhara was the one you felt less sure about.

Dreams have nothing do with Istikhara. And niether is using the Qur'an as a tool for divintion, (opening it and if the verse your eye lands upon speaks of a good matter then you take it as an indication of 'yes') etc.

Listen to these lectures, they're short and beneficial:

Inner Dimensions of Istikhara - Shaykh Abdulbary Yahya - Right Click Save Target As/Save Link As:
http://audioislam.com//audio/fiqh/wo...ah_part_01.mp3
http://audioislam.com//audio/fiqh/wo...ah_part_02.mp3

Rabiyal
02-19-2007, 03:04 AM
Thanks brother Madani, and may Allah bless the brother in the audio

nelly
02-22-2007, 12:36 PM
well wen it was time for me 2 get married second time round, i did istikhara and got a postive reaction, i suppose it came after a couple of days later.
I felt really inclined to procede wiv the weddin. Wen the time got closer I suddenly got really negative vibes. I thought they were just weddin nerves. I was supposed to do istikhara again but i never got round 2 it. My marriage is over after a few weeks. I think i shud hav listened 2 my instincts and dun istikhara again but i think i thought one time was enough.
Can that happen? where u get a postive feelin but then change ur mind?

libyanhero
02-22-2007, 01:07 PM
performed it, I dont dream often sometimes not even once a month which is weird, ppl say I have to much stress in life so I sleep like a dead person and got no time to dream lol but I am surprised when ppl explain there dreams they also go into details and they see it in color too but I get none of that my dreams are so short like a minute clip strange. Yah probably too stressed and dont even notice it

BlackIce_645
02-23-2007, 01:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nelly
well wen it was time for me 2 get married second time round, i did istikhara and got a postive reaction, i suppose it came after a couple of days later.
I felt really inclined to procede wiv the weddin. Wen the time got closer I suddenly got really negative vibes. I thought they were just weddin nerves. I was supposed to do istikhara again but i never got round 2 it. My marriage is over after a few weeks. I think i shud hav listened 2 my instincts and dun istikhara again but i think i thought one time was enough.
Can that happen? where u get a postive feelin but then change ur mind?
People treat istikhara like it was some kind of magic future telling spell. Its not. The dua is there to help, not to answer all your questions. If your marriage failed, don't take it as "i misread istikhara" or i didn't say the dua. Chances are your marriage failed because of REAL reasons, like poor communication, etc.

And its not like saying istikhara will ALWAYS give the correct inclination. Example: I pray istikhara to ask whether or not i should poop my pants or hold it and go to the bathroom. I pray, and suddenly i get the feeling like i wanna poop. If i went by my feelings, i'd poop my pants. Was that the right decision? No, cause now i gotta go change, shower, and pretend that it never happened. I should have waited to go to the bathroom.

My point is, don't JUST go by feelings. Look at marriage in all aspects. Is this someone you can love, but more importantly, is this someone you can tolerate for the next 60 or so years you're going to be alive? Going with your heart is fine, but DON'T believe all the cheesy sitcoms that say "go with your heart, you can never go wrong!" because you can. We also use our minds, not just our basic urges. Hence why we poop in toilets and not on the floor.

nelly
02-23-2007, 09:40 AM
very funny!!!!!!!!!!!
i dnt think deciding wether u shud poop ur pants or not was the best example!
my point was that wen we do istikhara arnt we askin 4 guidance and help from allah? If that is not wot istikhara is then please elaborate

Tania
02-28-2007, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nelly
my point was that wen we do istikhara arnt we askin 4 guidance and help from allah?
I think its very hard to distinguish the guidance from your own feelings. Because when the feelings are strong they guide you.No :?

faithful
03-01-2007, 02:32 AM
Salaam sister Rabiyal I have made Istaikhara asking for Allah's (SWT) guidance toward the best mate for marriage. Afterwards, I was really hoping for some 'sign' that would point me in the right direction but there was nothing. A lovely sister I know, told me to have patience because Allah answers all praryers. Some we get answered right away and the answer is to our liking. Some we get answered later, maybe also to our liking and some are saved up for us for the hereafter.

If you've made Istaikhara, Allah (SWT) will give you peace in your decision when the right mate comes along.

asma14
03-02-2007, 11:12 PM
thanks so much to all the brothers and sisters, its really helped me understand Istikhara...

IbnAbdulHakim
03-02-2007, 11:25 PM
:salamext:

i performed it b4 but i didnt get any signs or feeling or anything, neither did other people i know that performed it, infact theres only a few people that really did get feelings, i dont understand :?

al Amaanah
03-02-2007, 11:37 PM
i performed it b4 but i didnt get any signs or feeling or anything
^ same. khair insha Allah!

IbnAbdulHakim
03-02-2007, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al Amânah
^ same. khair insha Allah!
inshaAllah but it made me think my imaan is really really really low, hmm didnt you think there might be something wrong with our hearts :eek: ?

Al-Zaara
03-03-2007, 11:46 AM

I have preformed it a few times, and it does work, alhamdulillah.

It's not like a light bulb lights up above your head and you say Ahaa!... but you'll see the difference in yourself and your thinking style. At least that was the way for me. Also it may take a little time to realize the "change".

You shouldn't preform it expecting some major emotion rushes or great dreams... It would just distract you from what's really happening.

Just have faith and your intention must be to get to a conclusion/choose what to do/getting an answer.

InshaAllah it'll then work. :)

Ma'salama

Mawaddah
03-03-2007, 11:59 AM
^ Masha'allah Sis Al-Zaara

Same thing with me actually.

It works it really does. At first you dont realize the answer (as was in my case) or maybe you are just too stubborn and your mind doesn't want to accept the answer that Allah is showing to you.

But once you learn to accept it, you really begin to see and be grateful.

I performed Istikhaara many times (whilst considering the same person) and 3 times an answer to my Istikhaara was made clear, but, since My mind refused to accept it that way, I just turned away from it and was stubborn.

Sounds kinda silly innit I mean you're making Istikhaara so that Allah can give you guidance, but when the sign does come you dont want to heed it lol...Astaghfirullah.

But Masha'allah now, I see that everything truly does work out for the best, even though sadness and pain still exists in the heart, but Everything has it's Hikmah no?

:)

Sister Hoddan
03-03-2007, 01:12 PM
salamo 3alikum,

Salaatul istikhaaraahdefinately works! We should try perform it more often, even when we have to make minor decisions inshaAllaah.

I personally remember on incident where salatul istikhaaraah was required and subhanallah, after the prayer, things became difficult and the desire to proceed with the decision decreased so I cancelled it. I later found out that this decision was for the best alhamdulillah as it spared me a lot of bad things that became apparant later.

al Amaanah
03-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Allahu a3lam ibnabdulhakim
I think I know why

:w:

Dhulqarnaeen
03-07-2007, 03:22 AM
edit

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.