/* */

PDA

View Full Version : MODERATES REFUTED - Paltalk Room Now Open

Umm Talhah
02-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Directions to the paltalk room:

Religion and Theology –> Islam –> ‘Moderate Musims’ Refuted.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
02-19-2007, 09:27 PM
You should change the name to "Modernist". There is nothing wrong with being a Moderate Muslim, Islam teaches us to be moderate, it's modernisation that is wrong.

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 09:35 PM
salamualikum.
don't get it X-plain!! && then what???
Ma'assalama

Skillganon
02-19-2007, 09:38 PM
What is paltalk and how yo acess it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
salamualikum
some kinda chat/chandoo place
Ma'assalama

Malaikah
02-20-2007, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
You should change the name to "Modernist". There is nothing wrong with being a Moderate Muslim, Islam teaches us to be moderate, it's modernisation that is wrong.
:sl:

Cool, that sounds like a good alternative actually, it can't be confused with the Islamic definition of a moderate.

Umu 'Isa
02-23-2007, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
You have to download it from here: www.paltalk.com

strider
02-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Why on earth was my post deleted for?

- Qatada -
02-23-2007, 11:23 PM
:salamext:

I've checked the room myself and there isn't anything extreme alhamdulillah. What they do say is according to the Qur'an and Sunnah, even though maybe the phrasing isn't always done in the right way.

If someone follow's the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the understanding of the companions, insha'Allaah that isn't extreme.

The people in the room actually explain the controversial things on the blog, like the brother said there - islaam doesn't mean peace linguistically, rather it means submission. However islaam does bring about peace. That was confusing when we read it on the blog, but in the room they cleared that up. Alhamdulillah.

Curaezipirid
02-26-2007, 01:04 AM
I think that they use the term "Moderates" to describe what they are refuting, not in a reference to being moderate by nature, which truly can be an important part of Islam. In fact you could say they are very moderate in their refuting of those Muslims whom self proclaim themselves as the only 'Moderate' road within Islam.

But true the movement inside Islam named as 'Moderate' is also named as 'Modernist'. But bizarrely it is a theorectical, or theological, movement in Islam with more in common with the Post-Modern academic world. Post-modernism is the easiest ideology that there is to refute, so it is no surprise that a site exists especially for the purpose of that reason.

WAs-Salam

Curaezipirid
02-26-2007, 03:05 AM
I like that paltalk idea, because so many of us read each other more strongly by the positions we are holding our body in, than by the words we use.

It is a free member chatrooms service which engages the video cams that are in many computers now.

Unfortunately the public library services here did not include the teeny weanie cameras which are at the top of many laptop screens, in their recent upgrade expenditure. So I can't regulate my chatting about Islam through a paltalk service just yet.

And the $30 odd dollars a week for a laptop with a camera in it, which I could then plug into the public access internet services around the city, is totally beyond my budget at this time. Otherwise I might be in that site already Umm Talhah.

Alaykumuassalam

abdmez
03-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Wheres "paltalk"?

Angelzz
03-02-2007, 07:54 PM
For those who are strong with Dawah or who would like to give it a go or just meet some more fellow muslims all over the world then this other room on Paltalk is also good MashaAllah. Alot of people have reverted in this room and it has the additional benefit of a microphone so you must have earphones or speakers to hear the people talking and if u have a mic then InshaAllah you can have input other than typing lol.

OK the room is in
Social Issue and Politics ---> Human Rights ----> Islam Answers Back

For those who have been wondering where i have disappeared too lol well im in that room alot and have heard a Shahada live what a feeling SubhanAllah

Hope to see you all there InshaAllah

Angelzz
03-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Also Please be careful as there are alot of Hater rooms ---- So please just STAY AWAY from these rooms as they affect your eman.

Also some haters do come into the Islam Answers Back room however any disrespect is not tolerated and they are immediately removed by the mods. Anyone else who is respectful (muslims and non-muslims alike) gets all their questions answered by some knowledgable brothers and sisters MashaAllah.

- Qatada -
03-02-2007, 08:01 PM
:salamext:

Yeah alhamdulillah i found that room beneficial.

Snowflake
03-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Unfortunately the public library services here did not include the teeny weanie cameras which are at the top of many laptop screens, in their recent upgrade expenditure. So I can't regulate my chatting about Islam through a paltalk service just yet.
You don't need a camera to chat on Paltalk. And you only need a mic if you're going to be voice chatting. I just listen to people on the mic and if I got to say something, I just type it in the room. Try it. We all need a change lol.

niler
11-04-2007, 09:13 PM
do u really have to download b4 u cn access?

Angelzz
11-04-2007, 11:34 PM
yes u must download the program and then install it on your computer.

Another great room is religion and spirituality -> islam -> unity etihad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.