/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Numerology.....

Al_Imaan
02-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Is numerology haram in Islam?....im just curious...a while ago, I had read an article that stated it was haram and another that stated that it wasn't cuz numerology could be used for the Quran too, just like they have 786 as bismillah?.....is this true?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
02-21-2007, 02:55 PM
:sl: I've been wondering about '786' too...i heard it doesnt really stand for anything? plus if it does how did people work it out?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-21-2007, 03:01 PM
:sl:

http://www.islamicboard.com/303820-post8.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/439314-post54.html

Al_Imaan
02-21-2007, 03:07 PM
i understood the 786 part....but is numerology valid in islam.....i've read before that... "Islam contains a whole system of numerology known as abjad in which the arabic letters equal to numbers. It has some objective to the use of 786."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
02-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah

It is best you ask the 'Ulimah Ukhti.

Al_Imaan
02-21-2007, 06:52 PM
i thought maybe someone here has any info....
but i also found this....

Q.) I just need to ask a question about the view of Islam in use of Astrology and Numerology. I have seen that many people use these when they are getting ready to marry and want to find a proper match. In Pakistan, I have seen that people use name of the couple being married and their date of births to match, so they know if the person's personality will match as a couple.

I am not sure if this practice is allowed in Islam or not. Also, I want to know if it is considered as trying to know the events that will occur in future.

A.) Using astrology or numerology to determine the future is haram.

Nabi cursed people who practice fortune-telling. Therefore, the people should be discouraged from following this sinful practice. And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.

Albalagh Note: This Jahilya practice stems from lack of belief and lack of true knowledge. That is why it is common to both the illiterate people as well as the so called "educated" people. It is so rampant that it is hard to find an "educated" person who does not know his sign. And you find even the most prestigious publications in the West (as well as their blind followers in the Muslim world) devoting space to fortune telling. That should not detract you from the fact that it is a reflection of pure ignorance.

but it isnt talking about abjad and how its right or wrong if the quran is translated into numerology....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.