/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can Any1 please explain this...

youngsister
02-21-2007, 11:05 PM
:sl: Ok, here it goes:)

Allah swt is the most merciful and forgiving, if we commit a sin we should repent and Isha Allah Allah swt will have mercy on us Isha Allah.

There is a hadith about this pregnant woman who commited Zina and was left pregnant, the prophet pbuh told her to give birth then come back to him she then received her punishment.
Why didnt the prophet pbuh tell her to repent instead?

This is just an example another one is when people get stoned to death in the Sharia Law, why dont people just repent? Allah swt is indeed merciful.

I am sorry if this sounds all confusing:embarrass , I was thinking about this today and I though why get punished when a person can just repent.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shukria
02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
:sl:
They get punished to show an example to the society e.g. if a person steals, their hand gets cut off thus people would deter from stealing because of the punishment. It also reduces or Allahu 'Alim wipes the sin away in the next life as they paid for it in this dunya.

strider
02-21-2007, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister

Allah swt is the most merciful and forgiving, if we commit a sin we should repent and Isha Allah Allah swt will have mercy on us Isha Allah.

There is a hadith about this pregnant woman who commited Zina and was left pregnant, the prophet pbuh told her to give birth then come back to him she then received her punishment.

This is just an example another one is when people get stoned to death in the Sharia Law, why dont people just repent? Allah swt is indeed merciful.

I am sorry if this sounds all confusing:embarrass , I was thinking about this today and I though why get punished when a person can just repent.

Well, every action has a consequence which you have to deal with; the consequence isn't always turned in our favour.

Take the example of a person who committed murder. Now, by the law of the land that crime means lengthy jail terms or even the death penalty in certain countries. The guilty person can beg and cry till the cows come home but that will not change their crime and subsequently they will have to face the consequences of their actions, regardless of how remorseful they may be.

Similiarly, when it comes to the Sharia there are certain rules and regulations in place and if a person is to cross the line they will have to face up to their actions. A murderer faces being executed and one who commits Zina faces being flogged or stoned to death. It isn't like the people aren't aware of the rules, so why should they not have to face justice?

You see, with the hadith you mentioned, justice was carried out. One must always repent after sinning but they will always also have to ultimately face sentencing via the Shariah. The baby the woman was carrying didn't sin and that is why the Prophet told the woman to come back after she had given birth to receive her punishment.

Laws are in place for a reason. They may seem harsh at times, but that's life.

youngsister
02-21-2007, 11:20 PM
:sl: Jazakallah khair sis I get it all now:D

Also, when the person gets his/her sentence does it mean that whatever crime their commited is forgiven by Allah swt?
Some people come foward and confess what they done, e.g.murder.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strider
02-21-2007, 11:21 PM
:sl: Jazakallah khair sis I get it all now:D

Also, when the person gets his/her sentence does it mean that whatever crime their commited is forgiven by Allah swt?
Some people come foward and confess what they done, e.g.murder.

Once justice has been served, the sin has been replenished so to speak so a person will not be punished again for the same sin.

youngsister
02-21-2007, 11:25 PM
:sl: Oh I get it now, is best to receive a punishment in this Dunya then Allah swt punishment in the Akhira:cry:

Jazakallah khair sis!:w:

Umm Yoosuf
02-21-2007, 11:53 PM

Good questions Masha Allah. Allah Knows Best. I am going to even attempt to answer. I think you should've posted it in the mian forum that way many people could benefit from the answers (not saying the answers given by some of the sisters are right or wrong) also maybe someone will benefit you and us more Insha Allah.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-21-2007, 11:57 PM
^^True, can u move it sis:? Or sis youngsister can just repost Insha'Allah :D

Umm Yoosuf
02-22-2007, 12:09 AM
I can move it but out of respect of youngsister I won't :)
However if she wants it moved I will move it Insha Allah :)

IceQueen~
02-22-2007, 11:08 AM
don't you remember the rest of the hadith? the adultress DID repent that's why she came to the prophet (saw) and admitted her sin! and she was punished according to shariah and when it was over the prophet (saw) led her funeral prayer and umer (ra) even question him that she was an adultress?! and the prophet (saw) replied that if her repentance were to be spread among the people of madinah 70 would all be forgiven their sins!!!! such was her repentance! subhanallah!

youngsister
02-22-2007, 05:31 PM
:sl: Sure sis Al Muminah move it :):w:

Umm Yoosuf
02-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Thread moved :)

chacha_jalebi
02-23-2007, 03:58 PM
i think she was told to go and come back later so the baby could be born innit? and she was punished in this life so inshallah in the next life she will be okily dokily

Skillganon
02-23-2007, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
don't you remember the rest of the hadith? the adultress DID repent that's why she came to the prophet (saw) and admitted her sin! and she was punished according to shariah and when it was over the prophet (saw) led her funeral prayer and umer (ra) even question him that she was an adultress?! and the prophet (saw) replied that if her repentance were to be spread among the people of madinah 70 would all be forgiven their sins!!!! such was her repentance! subhanallah!
I think it was because the adulteress came to the prophet and openly admitted it. IF she is sound of mind (not crazy) the shariah is applied.

It's not the same as someone who commited Zina and keeps it to themself and repents.

I dn't know exactly if this is exactly correct but it is not something we encourage people to come voluntarilly and say we commited Zina.
Unless it becomes open and everyone knows with proof she has commited zina(according to the shariah).

youngsister
02-23-2007, 08:22 PM
:sl: Now the Question is.. if a person commits a punishable sin should they keep it to themself or repent?

strider
02-23-2007, 08:24 PM
:sl: Now the Question is.. if a person commits a punishable sin should they keep it to themself or repent?
Why should it be an either/or ultimatum? InshaAllah, the individual should strive to do both.

Skillganon
02-23-2007, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Why should it be an either/or ultimatum? InshaAllah, the individual should strive to do both.
yep, keep it to themself and repent.

- Qatada -
02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
:salamext:

There is also another hadith where a man came to the Messenger of Allaah (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) and kept mentioning that he's commited zina [fornication], the Messenger of Allaah turned away a few times but he persisted. The Messenger of Allaah was giving him an excuse to go away and repent [and insha'Allaah his sins would be forgiven] but because he was making the matter public, then the punishment had to be applied.

Otherwise if the punishment isn't applied then people might do it all the time without the fear of punishment in this world. But if they have the punishment in this world - insha'Allaah they are saved from the punishment of the afterlife.

If they keep their sin quiet and don't mention it to others, then repent - insha'Allaah if they are sincere Allaah will forgive them and they won't be punished in the hereafter insha'Allaah. And Allaah azawajal knows best.

We know that within the life of the Messenger of Allaah people did still drink alcohol, commit fornication etc. but most of the time it was done in secret. Because it was done in secret, there weren't much witnesses to the crime - so the people couldn't be found guilty, and others wouldn't know about it.

Now islaam does prohibit these sins, yet it is hated in islaam even more that the sin is done publicly. If it's done publicly and people find out that its widespread, they think that if the others can do it - why can't I? Which leads to more immorality in the muslim state.

youngsister
02-23-2007, 08:37 PM
:sl: wOW Thanks Subillah never heard of that hadith, it makes sense.
Jazakallah khair to everyone that replied it all makes sense now :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.