/* */

PDA

View Full Version : vista...anyone?

afriend
02-26-2007, 04:42 PM
:sl:

alhamdulillah, finally ordered a new system, but managed to be one of those unlucky buyers where Vista comes as standard with every machine.

Anything you want to discuss or point out about it?

Looking forward to your views.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
02-26-2007, 04:49 PM

Some older programs are not compatable with it. You should not have any trouble with recent programs, but if you have some older ones and they do not run go to the vendors web site and see if have a patch or upgrade for Vista.

Outside of that I have nothing plus or negative to say about it. But, it has only been recent I was able to get talked into XP. I still like W-95.

afriend
02-26-2007, 05:19 PM
lol hehe....

I have come to discover that the drivers for my modem (BT Voyager 105) will not work with Vista. I mean, ugh! How annoying. Now I'm going to have to buy a new modem. grrr!

A7med
02-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Yep some drivers DO NOT WORK on vista, however if automatically installs those drivers which it can install from the net.

Some of the old games may also not work, but nothing big if ur not a gamer. But dnt forget thats how XP was when it was released too, just give it some time and all should be good.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
02-26-2007, 05:36 PM

Microsoft's List Of 800 Windows Vista-Compatible Apps

Earlier this week, Microsoft published a list of 800 applications that should run properly on its new Windows Vista operating system. On its Web site, Microsoft says the number of applications certified for use with Windows Vista is constantly growing and that its list "will be update weekly."
Virtually all of Microsoft's own offerings are on the list. Also included are a host of business and security applications from vendors ranging from Intuit to Trend Micro. Desktop applications from Google made it in, but some of the world's biggest software companies, including Adobe Systems, IBM, and Symantec didn’t make the cut. Tech industry analyst Rob Enderle of the Enderle Group blames the fact that IBM and Adobe are becoming increasingly competitive with Microsoft in the desktop applications market. Also absent from the list is any software from Apple. Enderle thinks Apple has purposely chosen not to make some of its more popular applications, such as iTunes, Vista-compatible.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933305

Source: Internet (google)

Woodrow
02-26-2007, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
lol hehe....

I have come to discover that the drivers for my modem (BT Voyager 105) will not work with Vista. I mean, ugh! How annoying. Now I'm going to have to buy a new modem. grrr!
If you have a flash memory card or stick use somebodies PC, go to this link.

http://info.aol.co.uk/help/broadband...ides/v105.html

Down load the drivers to the card or stick and load them onto your PC.

Other option, download them to a floppy or a CD and install on your PC

I think the new drivers are compatable with vista

Lina
02-26-2007, 05:43 PM

The world is not ready for Vista,

No seriously; don't see why anyone would need Vista now, it's not a huge improvement from XP.
I would try linux before I would even think about Vista, just for 'fun'?

I guess it was time for something new, it's not sure what they are trying to accomplish with Vista, a firm monopoly? assuring people microsofts inventive qualities?

Allahu A'lam

Amelia
02-26-2007, 08:34 PM
I just got a brand new PC with Vista a few days ago and I love it. Or I'm fascinated with the 'gadgets' and I love the new start menu that doesn't take up the entire screen, and the organization that makes everything so so so SO simple.

I use Linux at work and I seriously wouldn't care to use it and the freeware apps because I just have problems with formatting and printing. Not to be a goober but I actually like MS Office and I like Vista. The way it's set up makes laptop computing easier, I think.

afriend
02-27-2007, 07:53 PM
lol, you just like it cos its new and it has new features :p I used to think like that once...But looking at it from a different perspective things seem much different from anything :-\

Amelia
02-27-2007, 09:04 PM
That's not fair... it is new and has new features but I wouldn't have bothered with the trouble had my previous computer (which had been running XP just fine for three and a half years) not died. Upgrading this early I thought I'd find more cons than pros but I have not found that to be the case. I've found it remarkably simple to use so I can concentrate on the reasons I am using the computer instead of using the computer itself. I'm not bogged down with "how do I..." questions which tends to happen when I try to do anything not strictly basic with Solaris or Linux.

afriend
02-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Those other OS are for experts, who need to ask minimal 'How to's...' not even I would use them. But I'll tell you what I'll push things to their limits and I'll post a review of what I think of it, and then we can all have a discussion about it, because right now, I'm seriously having second thoughts as to why on earth I am even considering on keeping it.

Woodrow
02-27-2007, 11:27 PM
I like an OS I can tweak and play with. I can see Vista is not for me.

afriend
02-28-2007, 10:11 PM
This is so depressing. I hate Vista. *sigh*

Anybody want to sue Microsoft? Be honest to yourself...You know you want to...

Kyubi
03-03-2007, 01:39 AM
The world is not ready for Vista
Its going to take a while before the world catches up with Vista and we finnaly have programs compatible with it, so iam going to hold back.

afriend
03-03-2007, 12:28 PM
It is supposedly said to be a downgrade from XP rather than an upgrade, and I totally agree. Graphical interface may appeal to the fantastical user, but for users who expect performance, it is not exactly an upgrade.

Why would you want to apply this, when your system could perform much better on XP? I just don't understand...Some people...:rollseyes

Woodrow
03-03-2007, 12:39 PM
It is supposedly said to be a downgrade from XP rather than an upgrade, and I totally agree. Graphical interface may appeal to the fantastical user, but for users who expect performance, it is not exactly an upgrade.

Why would you want to apply this, when your system could perform much better on XP? I just don't understand...Some people...:rollseyes
Sort of reminds me of when they put W2000 out as a quick fill in because the much promised XP was not ready yet so 2000 was a beta version of XP but in reality was a down graded version of 98SE MS is notorious about releasing it's Beta versions as new OS and then wait for complaints so they can fix them and end up with a new OS without the bugs and under a new name at a higher price. My suspicion is this is just getting people to help them design a new system so they will have something real fancy for 2010

Seems like they save on programmer staff by letting the public do the checking for bugs and then after knowing what the bugs are they can debug it and suddenly have a new system. I want to go back to W98SE

afriend
03-03-2007, 12:47 PM
lol, it is microsoft after all. That's why they have the need for automatic updates...Which is another headache!

If you compare Vista with the mac osx tiger, they are very similar, but the Mac is a much better performer. The only trouble with Mac is that its as expensive as ever, and is very hard to upgrade and stuff.

Kyubi
03-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Graphical interface may appeal to the fantastical user
I cant wait for the cool interface! :yawn:

afriend
03-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Go home..I used to be moved by such things...

Besides, in order to enjoy the 'AERO' visuals...You will need much more hi-spec requirements...

If you really want Vista's looks, then download those programs such as Windows Blinds where you get to change your desktop theme to look and work exactly like Vista. Big deal :uhwhat

afriend
03-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Ok....it seems they've updated their drivers. woohoo...My modem is supposedly going to work now insha'Allah.

After all the bad points, maybe it's only fair that I state at least one positive point, and that would be the ability to use removable hard drives (such as a USB pen drive) to contribute to the overall RAM. Which I think is great for people like me, who may all of a sudden need a boost of say 4 Gb of RAM :D

Woodrow
03-05-2007, 01:44 AM
Ok....it seems they've updated their drivers. woohoo...My modem is supposedly going to work now insha'Allah.

After all the bad points, maybe it's only fair that I state at least one positive point, and that would be the ability to use removable hard drives (such as a USB pen drive) to contribute to the overall RAM. Which I think is great for people like me, who may all of a sudden need a boost of say 4 Gb of RAM :D

Stop giving me ideas. I've already spent all I can on my monster.

ABWAN
03-05-2007, 01:59 AM
I think there has been some negative propaganda going on that claim Vista is not as good as XP or previous versions. As someone who had the oppurtunity to use Vista for quite a while, I can assure you that XP is NO WHERE near Vista, be it the new security features (including the latest technology that would stop any thief from accessing your computer data through hardware lock), or search indexing, or the new media center or the huge bunch of advanced PC games (which will get released in course of time, there is a video about it in youtube). Even the way photos are managed and can be edited are vastly different than in XP.

Windows Vista was the most tested Operating system in the history of Microsoft. Of course people would always find issues with Microsoft OS, as it has around 95% of the market share. I am sure if 95% of the world starts using Mac OS, they would all have gripes about it as well. For some reason, people dont like Microsoft and that stops them from switching to new Microsoft products.

If you have problems running any application that was running in XP and isnt working in Vista, try changing the compatibility mode. That might fix it.

Between MS Office 2007 and Vista, I would consider Office to be far better than Vista, but still XP is no where near Vista!

Also most of the time, the Vista OS that comes pre-installed could be "Home Basic" or "Home premium". You need "ultimate edition" to have all the cool features

DAWUD_adnan
03-05-2007, 04:26 AM
i got vista yesterdAy only to findout that my pc is not compatible > 512mb ram needed! NOOOOOOOO!!!

ABWAN
03-05-2007, 04:40 AM
The recommendation for windows XP is 256 MB and yet I have seen it work on 64 MB (although slow). There were some tests done, that showed that windows xp could run with as less as 8 MB RAM (althugh just booting up alone took 30 mins)

So although you can technically install Vista with 512 MB, it wont be fast enough

Woodrow
03-05-2007, 04:45 AM
Microsoft has a program you can download and check if you are compatable with Vista. I ran it and although my hardware is compatable very few of my programs are. So I would loose by upgrading.

afriend
03-05-2007, 07:46 PM
They are conning people with their editions...I am getting Home Basic...:uhwhat Stupid vista...grrr!

Woodrow
03-05-2007, 09:26 PM
They are conning people with their editions...I am getting Home Basic...:uhwhat Stupid vista...grrr!
But look at the marketing genius, You sell millions of programs people want and learn to depend on. Then after you have saturated the market with evey application program conceivable, you run out of ideas for new programs.

Next strategy, come up with a very pretty new OS that does everything except one little thing. Sell the Public on this new OS Then after enough people like it, break the news that the little thing Vista won't do is run a lot of your old programs.

Then a whole new market for the old reliable programs re written in a new format to run in Vista.

Nice touch, if you have invested in MS stocks.

afriend
03-08-2007, 08:51 PM

Ok, it's here :scared: I haven't touched it yet...I'm too scared. This is a sorry sight, look at what has become of me!

------
03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
:salamext:

My friend has Vista, she says, as far as the database is concerned, that it is compatble with Micsoroft 95, 98, 2000, etc. and its got some good extra features...

It'll be alright Insha'Allah.

:wasalamex

afriend
03-10-2007, 11:07 PM

Surprise surprise...loads of eye candy, zero performance!

It's like being on a PS2, when the game fades out into a different scene, I really can't see that going very well with a computer system.

Running on <512 Mb of RAM (504Mb), vista's memory hungry processes alone topped an average of 78% RAM usage, without anything running in the background.

The continuous in nuisance of 'are you sure you want to do this' every time you wanted to run a program or make a system change just put me off things deeply, I'm having second thoughts in if I should keep vista or not.

Yes it looks nice, but it renders a perfectly new and wonderful computer 'slow' and sluggish! I advise against. All in all I give it a 6/10..That's only because of some really useful features such as the ReadyBoost (I think lol) which speeds up the system using external memory devices e.g. USB pen drive.

Don't get it...Stick with XP for a while, let the rough edges smooth over, I give it about a year. :)

vpb
03-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I tried vista and it is just horrible. they did nothing but an modified version of XP which actually works worse than XP.

How to install windows vista?
please watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno

strider
03-17-2007, 05:12 PM
It looks like custom built PCs with Dell all come with Vista OS which means you're forced to buy more memory= more expensive.

vpb
03-17-2007, 05:20 PM
whenever i installed it, it said that your wireless card driver is vulnerable so it is not supported by vista, and it asked me if I wanted to see the solution of that, and what basically it was saying was that you need to buy a new wireless card. lol

MuHiTH
03-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Its better to install vista after a year. Not many programs or drivers compatible with it.

afriend
03-17-2007, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
It looks like custom built PCs with Dell all come with Vista OS which means you're forced to buy more memory= more expensive.
Sheesh! yeah :mad: Or you get stuck with the crappiest version of Vista (Home Basic...Which really is.....Basic :-\) 512MB would be decent for any XP integrated system.

format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
I tried vista and it is just horrible. they did nothing but an modified version of XP which actually works worse than XP.

How to install windows vista?
please watch this:
Hahaha that was funny ;D

MuHiTH
03-17-2007, 06:26 PM
im entitled for a free vista business upgrade, but im 2 busy, dont have time to apply for it.

afriend
03-17-2007, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuHiTH
im entitled for a free vista business upgrade, but im 2 busy, dont have time to apply for it.
That's a blessing, trust me.

If you are really running a business, and just so happen to use particular software types which have no compatibility with Vista, that's it, you're done! In my case I don't really mind too much...But as for a business, it could be threatening to your finances and the functionality of your business.

Muezzin
03-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Is Vista an exciting new operating system which transmits data directly into your brain?

No?

Then it's a waste of money, pshaw.

afriend
03-17-2007, 07:13 PM

Muezzin brings happiness to this depressing thread lol.

Ok, here's the much unwanted vista:

As far as personal opinion is concerned, yes, very flashy, nice RAM hungry stuff...as you can see on the sidebar thingy, 82% of 502MB RAM used :'(...But urm apart from that...Nothing much else :-\

vpb
03-17-2007, 07:14 PM
yep, if you click on 'All Programs' , you can easily go and make a toast till the process is done.

Woodrow
03-17-2007, 07:17 PM
VISTA=Very Ingenious System to Trick Anyone.

afriend
03-17-2007, 07:17 PM

lol not quite...Although yeah you get the picture :hiding: But rhere is a way to change a few things, by changing the theme back to the classical Win2000. I'm sure that'll reduce the RAM used.

vpb
03-17-2007, 07:25 PM
lol not quite...Although yeah you get the picture But rhere is a way to change a few things, by changing the theme back to the classical Win2000. I'm sure that'll reduce the RAM used.
theme would not have a very big change on the performance and the problem is not at RAM, bc at least you can use Virtual Memory, but what about the CPU, Graphic card, harddisk....... I bet your cooler would be 24/7 on :p

afriend
03-17-2007, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
theme would not have a very big change on the performance and the problem is not at RAM, bc at least you can use Virtual Memory, but what about the CPU, Graphic card, harddisk....... I bet your cooler would be 24/7 on :p
CPU is crazily fast on my new computer :shade: as for the cooler :p I can't even hear my computer at all....it feels so weird because my old one keeps me awake in the night (when I used to download stuff), and here you have this soundless one, its like...lol I can't explain. If you've been with loud computers all your life, it's a big change.

There's a special RAM booster feature which I can't configure, so another blow, I hate resorting to Virtual Memory, esp. when you only have an 80 gig HDD. :uhwhat it keeps on getting worse.

vpb
03-17-2007, 07:39 PM
well i've tried the vista on my hp laptop, but not satisfied at all. it was using my cooler all the time, and I don';t like heating my room too much :p
lol, the most funny thing is that on Vista beta version, on taskbar properties, they forgot to change the image of Start button, it was still the XP Start button image. :D

strider
03-17-2007, 08:44 PM
The user interface isn't all that. Meh, i'm sticking with XP.

afriend
03-17-2007, 09:12 PM
;D

Breaking news!!

Vista has been pronounced dead on my new system :D My uncle can't be bothered to buy me a new router modem so he's like oh forget it! Just install XP ;D ;D ;D

Alhamdulillah!!

Last piece of advice:

DONT GET VISTA!!

vpb
03-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Iqram, well you could try on a paper shred machine, it will definitely work.
just in case u didn't miss the instructions (demo);

afriend
03-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Sadly, this was not the case...I got a PCI ADSL modem....NOTHING works like it should, I cant even play all types of MP3s!! Just because some have ID3 tags :mad: How stupid.

Boycott Vista, thanks :)

afriend
04-08-2007, 10:23 PM

OH MY GOD!!! If you use the ReadyBoost feature to insert about 900Mb of extram memory it reaaaaaaalllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy speeds things up, and I mean...REALLY!!

Go buy yourselves a 4Gb memory stick and stick it into an empty USB slot (note this is permanent) Vista Users...you wont regret it :D

'Abd al-Baari
04-08-2007, 10:36 PM

Do you know where i can get codecs for WMP 11 for vista bro, it won't let me play MP4 files properly
Jazakallah

afriend
04-08-2007, 10:38 PM

Are you running on Vista? :X If you are then I'm having the same problems...But this is even worse...:uuh: My MP3 files :uuh:

Don't bother with it bro, it'll take time for them to update WMP :uhwhat...What I did instead was download real player:

www.real.com

Hope that helps! :)

'Abd al-Baari
04-08-2007, 11:01 PM

Jazakallah Khair
does it play MP4'S aswell
(yeh i'm on vista, wasn't given a choice)

afriend
04-08-2007, 11:13 PM

me neither :p comes as standard with all Dells now :mad:

It should play all WM stuff, including Real Media :) so yeah insha'Allah it should...let me know if it doesn't.

'Abd al-Baari
04-08-2007, 11:34 PM

It plays the file but i get no picture, just the audio
theres something really fishy about vista

afriend
04-08-2007, 11:39 PM

:( yeah bro...Vista is annoying!

Download DivX player....

If that doesn't work....then upload your video to youtube and play it through there i guess...the only way I see fit.

Al-Hanbali
04-08-2007, 11:44 PM
:salamext:

Try downlaoding VLC player. See if it works on that. It ahs most of the codecs.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/VideoLAN.htm

afriend
04-08-2007, 11:46 PM

If this fixes my problems for some MP3 files you're a star bro!!

jzcasejz
04-08-2007, 11:47 PM

If this fixes my problems for some MP3 files you're a star bro!!

It should do, VLC is easily the best media player out. :thumbs_up

'Abd al-Baari
04-09-2007, 09:56 AM

Jazakallah bros

Salaam
08-12-2007, 12:03 AM
ya vista is a headache, thats why im still with XP;D

Yanal
08-12-2007, 12:06 AM
:sl: :sl:
Brother Iqram

Vista is a new program but i do not like it especially for laptops my friend is like i bought vista for my laptop now i need a mouse to expensive i rather stay with windows xp

Salaam
08-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Vista looks WoW, but does not work like WoW

snakelegs
08-12-2007, 05:33 AM
*cough* Did people stop having problems with Vista? :rollseyes...

Well my experiences as I tried to delete Vista :cry:. When I booted from CD using an XP CD after loading the setup, it gave me the blue screen of death, I also tried older versions. After everything I found that my hard drive was too posh [Serial ATA :mad:] to just boot from CD and re-install XP...So which means taking the risk of deleting the OS by formatting the HDD and then if I am to get stuck afterwards I'm left without an OS :cry: Oh the horror!! Anybody got any ideas?
hmmm..... there goes yet another fantasy. :(

Woodrow
08-12-2007, 06:10 PM
It's not my fault :phew Honest!

I got my new PC at a time when everyone was going gaa gaa over vista's premature emergence from its trampy shell and Dell only offered the system I wanted with Vista :confused: I really needed a new PC and that was the only computer I could get [seriously :hmm:]...So we placed the order :'( If it was upto me I'd stuck with Win 2000 :shade:
If I recall not long ago you bought a USB external HDD. I believe you can install any OS on the external HDD and than in your bios set the boot sequence command to be from the external HDD. this will boot your PC as xp if that is the OS you install on it. You can than use the main HDD as a file and still access all the programs on it except be running them off XP. (Or whatever OS you install on the HDD)

Woodrow
08-12-2007, 06:31 PM

It wasn't me who had the USB HDD :X but if that's what it takes then I can make arrangements, you can get 320 gigs for £70 nowadays, even less at some places :ooh:.

JazakAllah for the idea uncle Woodrow! :)

You only need it for the OS, so it can be the smallest possible. However, at that price, it would be worth it just to have the extra drive space.

$tranger
08-12-2007, 06:33 PM

bunch of women, stop complain:nervous:

its what u get with EVERY NEW OS:uhwhat . and most of the problems r caused due to the HARDWARE used in the pcs which don't work with vista (coz they r old) :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------

a few months ago i had two OS on my pc (one on an external hdd, and the othe on my internal) worked well. only thing was my external blew :offended:
:X

Woodrow
08-12-2007, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by $tranger

bunch of women, stop complain:nervous:

its what u get with EVERY NEW OS:uhwhat . and most of the problems r caused due to the HARDWARE used in the pcs which don't work with vista (coz they r old) :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------

a few months ago i had two OS on my pc (one on an external hdd, and the othe on my internal) worked well. only thing was my external blew :offended:
:X

So far I have not have one blow. But, there is another chice for an external HDD, it is much stronger than any commercial HDD and functions more like an internal.

Use an external USB enclosure such as:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...ULT31310%20KIT

And install any 3.5 HDD in it.

snakelegs
10-28-2007, 06:23 PM
when you add RAM, do you have to first take everything off the computer?
also, what is SP1?

wilberhum
10-28-2007, 06:48 PM
Edir

guyabano
10-28-2007, 07:10 PM
I simply looooove VISTA. I have a Pentium Dualcore E6700 and a GForce 8800 Graphiccard (due to my hungry ressources game-playing) plus 4 Gb Memory.
I have all drivers I need, all hardware works perfect.

I would not like to change anymore

m102313
10-28-2007, 07:25 PM
I had Vista but i uninstalled it, it made my computer really slow, but i guess it would would great on computer with better specs.

snakelegs
10-28-2007, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Add RAM? I would first look into getting a new computer. What do you have?

SP!= Service Pack 1. It is a major windows update for XP. It was the first time that they verified the validity of your Windows copy.

Wilber

IMHO Vista is such a hog I would never upgrade to it. I got my new computer just after most everyone was selling the new computers with a "Vista Only" option. I have no problems but would never upgrade to it.
i was thinking about my XP - it has less than 1 RAM and it is very slow. (not sure that's the reason?) i have SP1 on it.
i also have use of a laptop with miserable, wretched, disgustingly repulsive, putrid, demonic and satanic vista.
do you have to wipe everything off your hard drive first?
why would you look in to buying a whole new computer - is RAM that expensive?

snakelegs
10-28-2007, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
Well yeah you remove the case, and then depending on if you have any spare slots for additional RAM you can just add directly, but if you don't then you gotta take some parts out. :omg:

As you can see the above has 8 :hmm: THATS CRAZY!! I've only got 4 :)

Service Pack 1, where all the bugs and stuff are fixed :thumbs_up Vista should be cool when that comes out, soon.
that looks way too scary. do you have a laptop or a desk top?
i hope the SP1 manifests in the near future.
btw, have you survived a defrag on vista? it takes forever and ever and ever.

InToTheRain
10-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Is there any Apple users here? Is vista anything like Apple? from what I see the user interface of vista is much like apple no?

Anwarica
10-28-2007, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
plus 4 Gb Memory.
RAMs are 4 GB? :D
Then why my friends thought I'm crazy to order 2 GB of RAMs last year :-\

Woodrow
10-28-2007, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anwarica
RAMs are 4 GB? :D
Then why my friends thought I'm crazy to order 2 GB of RAMs last year :-\

Wait until I can buy this one :D

The 2.5TB system is "the largest SSD installation in the world by far, without question", the executive VP for TMS, Woody Hutsell, told Techworld. The previous biggest one was under 500GB, he told us.
At 2.5TB, it is roughly 10,000 times the size of the RAM in your PC.
The list price of the system, which is made up from 40 RamSan 320 units, reviewed here, is $4.7million, although the US government received a discount. It was installed by TMS' OEM Dynamic Solutions International.
http://www.techworld.com/news/index....ws&NewsID=1176

InToTheRain
10-28-2007, 09:51 PM
*falls off chair* ... mm...So what...you're...trying to....say is... urm ...

Urm.. urmm.... :omg:

It'll never hit the stores :mmokay:
*help him up from floor* he is trying to say knew plans are in place to stop prevent LI's server from crashing in the near future ...maybe :X

Woodrow
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
lol :D I hope so ... Cos its crashing quite often isn't it :hmm:

But imagine if it becomes big, some Hard drives will be smaller than the RAM. Why on earth would you use so much RAM for anyways? :confused:
One beauty of the terabyte RAM is you can actually load your entire OS on it and have instant running and loading of all programs. The speed and capacity the PCs will have will make todays PC's seem like pocket calculators. The HDDs have already broken through the cost barrier. I have nearly 2 T of HDD on my pc and I can already see I will need to double that very soon. My current 4 gig of RAM is getting to be way too small for some of my programs. I thought when I assembled this PC it would last me for the rest of my life. But, I'm already designing my next monster that I hope I can afford to assemble Early next year.

Woodrow
10-29-2007, 12:53 AM
:uuh: That will be the quencher for the thirst of performancists. Forget 28 seconds, the need for 'stand by' will no longer be neccessary :uuh: ... Stop making me cry, I can't afford that kinda stuff!!

2TBs? :offended: Why :cry: Just why?

Can I have like, 10&#37; of your HDD space? I think that's like 200Gb, please sir, can I have some more?

;D
I rounded off upwards. It is only 1.6T so you can only have 160 Gigs. Believe it or not I only have about 100 G. of free space left. For beginners I loaded over 3,000 videos on the thing. They are mostly old documentaries that we had on VHS. That put a big dent in things. I also have quite a few programs that do everything except make coffee. When I assemble the new one, the only additions will be in the Mother Board, CPU, more HDD and more RAM I will be using a lot of the components I have, however, all will be backed up on at least 4 external 1T HDDs. I also want to have at least 5T in the internal drives.

This is the internal HDDs I'm looking at. I plan on 6 internal and 6 external eventually.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...sku=TSD-1000H3

this is the Mother Board

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...MBM-P5K3-Q6600

The CPU upgrade later

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...536&CatId=2399

This is the Tower case:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=C283-1171

The rest of the Hardware I want I currently have on this PC

Lina
11-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Don't like Vista at all!

What a mistake..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.