/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Regional forums?

Skywalker
02-27-2007, 02:51 PM
:sl:

Wouldn't it be cool if there were regional boards on this forum? Like have one board for every continent and some very common countries, so that you can meet and talk to people that live in the same area as you. This could really be cool because you could talk about local issues that other people might not understand as well as talk in your native language.

It can start as just continent or region forums where people can make a thread for each country in that continent, and then if there are a lot of people from one particular country, they could have their own forum where they could post more threads. I've seen this done on other forums and it's cool.

Whaddaya thinK? :?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tomtomsmom
02-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Hmmm that I think could be good and bad. It would be nice to be able to speak directly to people in my area and see what happens where others live. But at the same time I think this board is really about bringing people from all over the world together. If we were all seperated into different sections because of where we live would that not defeat the purpose?

- Qatada -
02-27-2007, 05:35 PM
:wasalamex

It could also lead to harming others in real life, especially if people passed on their personal details. :) Allaah knows best.

:salamext:

shible
02-27-2007, 05:43 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:wasalamex

It could also lead to harming others in real life, especially if people passed on their personal details. :) Allaah knows best.

:salamext:

I agree with His thought since Shaitaan can come in any form ( anger , Ego, Possessiveness, Hate, Love, Fun.,Etc). Therefore it is Far better to be as we are today

Since the Twist of Fate cannot be judged by anyone Except Allah.

So to defend our Emaan and our Fellow Brother's and Sister's Privacy we can Avoid this idea

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
02-27-2007, 05:49 PM

For languages we have the mutli-lang section, where you can post more or less any thread (of course, ones that abide by the forum rules) in any language you woud like.

If you would like to contact others in the same country or nationality etc, feel free to private message that member and take it from there. I personally recommend using msn, yahoo etc.

shible
02-27-2007, 05:58 PM

Yes that's right Bro, Though your idea was a very innovative one but if this was an entertainment Forum or an Educational Forum or an IT techies Forum then i would too have recommended that.

even while thinking about a section I can feel something Fishy which i cannot explain in words.

hope yopu might have understood the situation Bro

Skywalker
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM

Yeah I can imagine that it can lead to problems when it comes to privacy issues, but I think the same possibility of danger exists on any forum where you find out someone is from the same country you're from.

I've seen this done on other forums and it worked great. They even took it so far as to arrange projects that they did together, like helping the community, collecting money for the poor, etc. which is a lot easier when you live close to someone. But of course you have the problem of privacy...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.