/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The name Sephiroth?

Kyubi
03-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Now the name Sephiroth could quiet possibly be translated into the word angel in the hebrew context (seraph) or more common "the tree of life". But a friend of mine insisted the meaning was Arabic and that a "loose" translation -so to speak comes out meaning sword.

My question does: Seraph,Seph, Sephi, Roth, Sephera, and Sephiroth have any context in Arabic?

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
03-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Sephiroth? I have'nt heard of it before nor do i know if it has any context in arabic.

Allah knows best, maybe somone else can help ya InshaAllah. :)

aamirsaab
03-02-2007, 10:39 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Kyubi
Now the name Sephiroth could quiet possibly be translated into the word angel in the hebrew context (seraph) or more common "the tree of life". But a friend of mine insisted the meaning was Arabic and that a "loose" translation -so to speak comes out meaning sword.

My question does: Seraph,Seph, Sephi, Roth, Sephera, and Sephiroth have any context in Arabic?

Thanks
Ah a final fantasy 7 fan. I'm unsure as to whether or not sephiroth has any arabic translation at all. To be honest, I've only ever heard that name in a computer game.

Seraph may do, not sure about the other ones.

NoName55
03-02-2007, 11:01 PM
sounds like a sword from word
سيف

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kyubi
03-03-2007, 01:13 AM
Ah a final fantasy 7 fan
:P

I've only ever heard that name in a computer game.
X_X

its on the old system playstation not computer :)

sounds like a sword from word
Whats the arabic word for sword- Seeph?

NoName55
03-03-2007, 01:50 AM
well, almost

I think its more like saif (english is too difficult for me)

Muslim Knight
03-03-2007, 02:26 AM
Saif is the Arabic word for sword. Like the popular Muslim boy name Saifullah which means the Sword of Allah.

aamirsaab
03-04-2007, 04:20 PM
I did a google search and found this one

http://en.mimi.hu/esoteric/sephiroth.html

NoName55
03-04-2007, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I did a google search and found this one

http://en.mimi.hu/esoteric/sephiroth.html

when I tried to google this is what I got:

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,400,000 for sephiroth

My question is how did you make google show you relevent page while it shows me millions

thank you
:w:

aamirsaab
03-04-2007, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
[/B]My question is how did you make google show you relevent page while it shows me millions...

Skill.

Not really just kidding, I got the same as you. I simply saw this link (it was on the first page for me), clicked on it and thought it would be relevant so posted it here.

NoName55
03-04-2007, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

Skill.

Not really just kidding, I got the same as you. I simply saw this link (it was on the first page for me), clicked on it and thought it would be relevant so posted it here.

So basically its a matter of looking at them all in turn until you get the one you want.(too tiring fo rme lol)

thanks all the same
ma'asalaama
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!