/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question: (The Book of Tribulations and the End of the World)

Umm Yoosuf
03-01-2007, 03:50 PM
As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah,

(The Book of Tribulations and the End of the World)

Narrated Az-Zubair bin 'Adi:

We went to Anas bin Malik and complained about the wrong we were suffering at the hand of Al-Hajjaj. Anas bin Malik said, "Be patient till you meet your Lord, for no time will come upon you but the time following it will be worse than it. I heard that from the Prophet." Sahih Al-Bukhari

I’ve come across that hadith and I wanted to know more details on who Al-Hajjaj was?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
03-01-2007, 03:54 PM
:salamext:

I think it is Al-Hajajj bin Yusuf Al Thaqafi?

Umm Yoosuf
03-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

Was he an evil Oppressor?

Umar001
03-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Aparently he tried to change the Qu'ran

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
03-01-2007, 04:04 PM

He had some achievements, but he was inclined to using brute force in order to supress rebellion.

Umm Yoosuf
03-01-2007, 04:08 PM
So although he was oppressing the sahabah they were commanded not to fight him?

Maimunah
03-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Al-Hajjāj ibn Yūsuf (Arabic: الحجاج بن يوسف, also known as Hajjāj ibn Yūsuf ath-Thaqafī), born in June 661 in aţ-Ţā’if and died 714 in Wasit, Iraq, was an important Arab administrator during the Umayyad Caliphate. Hajjāj ibn Yūsuf served as the governor of Iraq during the reigns of Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan and al-Walid I of the Umayyad. Al-Hajjāj ibn Yūsuf served as the governor of Iraq during the reigns of Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan and al-Walid I of the Umayyad. "Little of the early years of his public life: he does not seem to have distinguished himself in the battles in the Harra of Medina in 63/682 (Aghani, xvi, 42) and al-Rabahda in 65/684 (Tabari, ii, 579) or as governor of Tabala in the Tihima (Ibn Kutayba,Mas’arif, 396).

His reign was during the time of Abd al-Malik bin marwan. Apparently he has killed so may scholers and muslims like the great scholer said bin jubayr and the sahabi abdullah bin zubayr radhiallahu anhu.

Al Hajjaaj kept pursuing the noble scholar Sa`eed bin Jubayr for eight years or more until he eventually found him.

Bin Jubayr was a scholar known for his scrupulous piety and a man of great knowledge and action who was waging jihad to raise the flag of La ilaha ill Allah the uppermost.

When he was arrested - as in the story mentioned by the author of Tuhfatul Ahwadhi - Sa`eed bin Jubayr entered upon al Hajjaaj, so al Hajjaaj told him: "What is your name (and he knew his name well)?"

He answered: "Sa`eed bin Jubayr."

So Al Hajjaaj responded to him saying: "Nay, you are Shaqiy bin Kusayr." (Al-Hajjaaj is playing with words here: Sa`eed means happy and Shaqiy means unhappy, wretched. Jubayr means one who splints broken bones, and Kusayr one who breaks them.)

Sa`eed told him: "My mother knew better when she named me."

So Al Hajjaaj told him: "You are wretched (shaqayta) and your mother is wretched" (shaqiyat - Al Hajjaaj is again playing with words, referring to Shaqiyy - "unhappy/wretched"). Then he told him: "By Allah, I will replace your dunya with a blazing Fire."

Sa`eed said, "If I knew you could do it, I would take you as a god."

So al Hajjaaj told him, "I have gold and wealth."

Bags of gold and silver were brought and spread before Sa`eed bin Jubayr in order to try him.

Sa`eed bin Jubayr said: "O Hajjaaj, if you gathered it to be seen and heard in show-off, and to use it to avert others from the way of Allah, then by Allah, it will not avail you (lan yughneeka) against Him in any way."

So Al Hajjaaj said: "I have a female slave-singer" (al-mughanniyah - al-Hajjaaj continues to play with words, responding in mockery to Sa`eed's words 'lan yughneeka/it will not avail you' with a word that has the same triliteral root). He told her: "Sing for me and entertain me."

Sa`eed bin Jubayr cried, and Al Hajjaaj told him: >"Are you crying out of joy?"

So Sa`eed told him: "By Allah, I do not cry out of joy, but I cry for the slave girl that was subjected to other than what she was created for, for she was not created to sing, and `ood (musical instrument) was not built but for disobedience of Allah."

Al Hajjaaj said: "Take him and turn him to other than the Qiblah. By Allah, O Said bin Jubayr, I will kill you with a killing with which I have not killed any of the people."

Sa`eed said: "O Hajjaaj choose for yourself whatever killing you want, by Allah you will not kill me with a killing except that Allah will kill you with a like of it, so choose for yourself whatever killing you like."

Al Hajjaaj said: "Turn him (wallooh) to other than the Qiblah."

Sa`eed said: "Wherever you [might] turn (tuwalloo), there is the Face of Allah." [Qur'an, 2:115]

Al Hajjaaj said, "Put him under the earth."

Sa`eed said: "From it [the earth] We created you, and into it We will return you, and from it We will extract you another time." [Qur'an, 20:55]

The Death of Al-Hajjaaj

Al-Hajjaaj said: "Kill him."

Sa`eed said: "Laa ilaha ill Allah Muhammadun Rasulullah. Take it, O Hajjaaj, until you meet me with it tomorrow before Allah. O Allah, do not give him authority over anyone after me! O One who cuts up the tyrants, cut up al Hajjaaj!" - and in the same gathering a blister appeared on Al-Hajjaaj's hand and he became enraged like a bull for a whole month - he couldn't sleep from the pain and fatigue, nor could he eat and drink.

Al-Hajjaaj said about himself: "No night has passed except that I saw myself swimming in blood and no night has passed except that I saw as if al Qiyamah took place and that Allah took me to account and that I was killed for whoever I killed with one killing, except Sa`eed bin Jubayr - Allah punished me for killing him with seventy killings."

Allah caused him to die after a month. He is considered wretched and miserable, although he belonged to Muslims. This is because he didn't know the guidance or uprightness and because he couldn't make sense out of his life mission. (from the book, the scholer an dthe tryant). other comapinions like abdullah bin umar r.a. would pray behind him as he was their leader, so from what i've heard the view of Ahlul sunnah is that they don't say he is kafir or a good muslim. his judgement is left to Allah the most judge:)

wasalaam

Umm Yoosuf
03-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Subhan Allah!

Barakallahu Feeki Ukhti :)

Maimunah
03-01-2007, 06:51 PM
wi'yakaa habibti:)

wasalaamu aleykum wr br

- Qatada -
03-01-2007, 07:17 PM

Al Hajjaaj was an oppressor and a governor, used by the Umayyads to quieten the people of Iraaq, especially since there was a great conflict between the Bani Abbaas [descendants of Abdullah ibn Abbaas - the cousin of The Messenger of Allaah, Muhammad Rasool Allaah sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) and the Umayya [the dynasty which started from Mu'awiya ibn Abi Sufyan ibn Harb ibn Umayya.]

The 3 main parties which would compete from then would be all brothers; Bani Umayyah [the brother of Hashim - the great grandfather of the Prophet], Bani Abbaas [the uncle of the Prophet], and Bani Ali [the ones who wanted the Messenger of Allaah's family to be khulafah.]

The reason why there was so much conflict in Iraaq was because of the fitan [tribulations] which started in the time when Ali was khalifah. The fitan between Ali and Mu'awiya. Because Mu'awiya never recognised Ali is the khalifah.

The shi'a (party) of Ali [not the sect] and his khilafah was established in Kufa in Iraaq. So since Ali was martyred and killed by a khaariji, the shi'a started to grow within Iraaq and because these people were so angry with the Umayyad dynasty - they started many revolutions against the Bani Umayya khilafah.

To keep these people quiet and low, the Umayya sent Al Hajjaaj ibn Yusuf Al Thaqafi [from the tribe of Thaqeef in Al-Taa'if] to quieten these people down. He would torture those who opposed the Umayyad's, and there was alot of muslims from Iraaq locked up and even killed while he was governor.

Later on the Bani Umayya were overthrown by the Bani Abbaas, within the lifetime of Imaam Abu Hanifah (who was also from Iraaq.) So the 4 great Imaams of Fiqh lived in a time when there was so much fitan, for example Imaam Malik ibn Anas lived for 40years in the dynasty of Bani Umayyah and the rest of his 46 years he lived in the dynasty of Bani Abbaas. Imaam Shafi'ie was imprisoned also, and Imaam Ahmad was tortured by Al-Ma'moon & Al-Mu'tassim [the sons of Harun Al-Rashid from Bani Abbaas.]

Whenever the Umayyad's wanted to quieten someone, they would send Al Hajjaaj to sort them out. Al Hajjaaj was the one who surrounded Makkah and layed siege to it for a long time while Abdullah ibn Al-Zubair [son of Al Zubair (of the 10 promised paradise.)] Abdullah ibn Al-Zubair was of those who wanted to overthrow the oppressors of Bani Umayyah because they took the pledge of allegiance unjustly.

So Al-Hajjaaj surrounded Makkah and threw catapults at the Ka'abah, the Ka'abah even got destroyed and its structure was broken at that time. So Abdullah ibn Al-Zubair fixed it up. After a long siege, many of his men left him and joined the party of Al-Hajjaaj. Abdullah ibn Al-Zubair stayed firm on his position, and was killed as a shaheed [martyr] in that siege.

Part's of pakistan were conquered during the life of Al Hajjaaj though, his cousin Muhammad ibn Qasim Al Thaqafi conquered Pakistan because some hindu pirates kidnapped some muslim women by sea. So Muhammad ibn Qasim [while being only 17years old] lead an army and conquered parts of Pakistan, Sindh.

The Bani Umayyah gave the position of governing from Iraaq, all the way eastwards to Al Hajjaaj because that was the part where most of the threat to the Bani Umayyah was coming from. When Al Hajjaaj died, there were many revolutions by the people and because these people hated this oppression so much. They increased in number and overthrew Bani Umayya, which lead to the Umayyad's destruction, only one man remained from Bani Umayya and he escaped by swimming in the sea ( and through him the Bani Umayyah ruled in Spain [Al-Andalus]) and the Bani Abbaas took over in Baghdad. There would be more worser times than this in the future, and the Bani Abbaas were overthrown and killed ruthlessly by the mongals. After this would come the Fatimid dynasty [a deviated shi'a sect.]

The Bani Umayyah ruled for about 90 years, whereas the Bani Abbaas did for about 400 years. And Allaah knows best.

You see how as time has progressed - first we had prophethood, then khulafah rashidoon [guided] - then we had hereditary kingdom [people passing the position to their children] (which started from Bani Umayyah) all the way upto the Ottomans. Then we've lost even our Khulafah and have no islamic states.. so you see how times are getting worser as time progresses and the tribulations are huger.

This has been prophecised by the Messenger of Allaah who said:

"The Prophethood will last among you for as long as Allah (God) wills, then Allah would take it away. Then it will be (followed by) a Khilafah [caliphate] Rashida (rightly guided) according to the ways of the Prophethood. It will remain for as long as Allah wills, then Allah would take it away. Afterwards there will be a hereditary leadership which will remain for as long as Allah wills, then He will lift it if He wishes. Afterwards, there will be biting oppression, and it will last for as long as Allah wishes, then He will lift it if He wishes. Then there will be a Khilafah Rashida according to the ways of the Prophethood," then he kept silent.

[recorded in Musnad Imam Ahmad (v/273)]

We're under the underlined stage, and all the events before it have occured in our islamic history. Inshaa'Allaah the rest of the prophecy will soon come into effect.

According to the hadith, the prophet (pbuh) will be followed by rightly guided caliphs and after those caliphs (Abu Baker, Omar, Uthman and Ali) will come hereditary leadership (all other Caliphs starting from Bani Umayyah) and after that will come tyrannical rule (today) and after that will come a rightly guided caliphs yet again inshaa'Allaah.

If you have any questions, please ask insha'Allaah. And Allaah knows best.

Umm Yoosuf
03-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Subhan Allah. Jazakallahu Khayr.

Fighting the Muslim rules is haram? Do you have any articles?

- Qatada -
03-01-2007, 07:51 PM

I found this on the IslamQ&A site:

If the ruler judges according to the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), it becomes obligatory to obey him and haraam to go against him or to rebel against him. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Obey Allaah and obey the Messenger (Muhammad), and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority. (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allaah and His Messenger, if you believe in Allaah and in the Last Day. That is better and more suitable for final determination” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

If the ruler judges by something other than that which Allaah has revealed, or he enjoins disobedience to Allaah, then we should not hear and obey. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
The Muslim is obliged to hear and obey whether he likes it or dislikes it, unless he is commanded to disobey (Allaah), in which case he should not hear and obey.” (Narrated by Muslim, 1839)

The ruler is entrusted with the affairs of the ummah; he must rule them according to the laws of Allaah, and be kind and sincere towards them. If he does not do that, then he must be advised. If he does not respond (to that advice), the Muslims should choose another ruler from among those who are both pious and strong.

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=12390&ln=eng&txt=

If i find any detailed articles, insha'Allaah i'll link to them.

Umm Yoosuf
03-01-2007, 08:14 PM
I found this article:

SALAF IN REGARD TO THE OPPRESSIVE
AND SINFUL RULER

That is; concerning the correct and appropriate attitude we are to have towards them

[Taken from "The Creed of Imam al Bukhaaree" published by Salafi Publications. Translated by Dawud Burbank and Amjad Rafiq

Take note my Brothers and Sisters in Islam - This article refers to the correct attitude that we, as Muslims, are to have towards the oppressive and sinful ruler - whereas the issue of the ruler who rules by other than what Allah (Ta'aala) has revealed, or who replaces some of His Laws with the laws of men (e.g. American, French, English or even his own laws) is a completely different issue which requires a completely different approach... for the ruling of the Salaf concerning this issue go to the following address:

And that we do not contend with or attempt to take away the command from those assigned with it (i.e., the rulers) due to the saying of the Messenger MUHAMMAD (salallaahu'alayheewasallam), "There are three things towards which the heart of a Muslim never shows hatred or rancour: Making ones action sincerely for the sake of Allah, giving obedience to the rulers (wulatul-amr) and sticking to the Group (Jama'ah) for verily, their supplication encompasses those who are behind them (i.e. those whom they rule over)." This hadeeth has been reported from a group among the Companions and see Sunan at Tirmidhee (no. 2657), al Musnad (4/80, 82 183), Jaami' ul Usool (1/265) and Majma'uz Zuwaa'id (1/137-139).

This is confirmed in His (ALLAHTA'AALA'S) saying: "O you who believe! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger, and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority." [An-Nisaa (4):59]

And that the sword is not to be raised against (any of) the Ummah of Muhammad (salallaahu'alayheewasallam).

And Al-Fudayl said, "If I had a supplication that would be answered, I would not make it except for the leader (Imam) because when the leader becomes righteous, the towns and servants become safe and secure."

Ibn al Mubaarak said (in reference to the above saying of al-Fudayl), "O teacher of goodness, who would show boldness towards this besides you?"

Imam al Barbahaaree (d. 329H) said, "Whoever rebels against a Muslim ruler is one of the Khawaarij, has caused dissent within the Muslims, has contradicted the narrations and has died the death of the days of ignorance." (Sharhus-Sunnah [p.42])

The Khawaarij are a group who first appeared in the time of 'Alee (radiallaahu'anhu). They split from his army and began the grave innovation of takfeer (i.e. declaring Muslims, rulers or the ruled who are guilty of major sins, to be disbelievers). The Prophet MUHAMMAD (salallaahu'alayheewasallam) warned against them in many authentic Ahaadeeth, "The Khawaarij are the dogs of Hellfire." (Reported by Ahmad and it is Saheeh.)

MUHAMMAD (salallaahu'alayheewasallam) also informed us that they would continue to appear until the end of this world, saying, "A group will appear reciting the Qur'an, it will not pass beyond their throats, every time a group appears it will be cut off, until the Dajjal appears within them." (Reported by Ibn Maajah and it is Hasan.)

Al Barbahaaree (d. 329H) also said, "It is not permissible to fight the ruler or rebel against him even if he oppresses. This is due to the saying of the Messenger of Allah (salallaahu'alayheewasallam) to Abu Dharr al Ghifaaree, "Have patience, even if he (i.e. the Ameer) is an Abyssinian slave," (Reported by Muslim.)

PROPHET MUHAMMAD (salallaahu'alayheewasallam) saying to the Ansaar, "Have patience until you meet me at the Pool," (Reported by Bukharee from Usayd ibn Hudayr.)

There is no fighting against the ruler in the Sunnah. It causes destruction of the Religion and the worldly affairs."
[Sharhus-Sunnah, (p. 43).]

Abu Bakr al Aajurree (d. 360H) said in ash Sharee'ah (p. 28), "It is not fitting for the one who sees the uprising of a khaarijee who has revolted against the Imaam, whether he is just or oppressive - so this person has revolted and gathered a group behind him, has pulled out his sword and has made lawful the killing of Muslims - it is not fitting for the one who sees this, that he becomes deceived by this person's recitation of the Qur'an, the length of his standing in the prayer, nor his constant fasting or his good and excellent words in knowledge when (it is clear to him that) this person's way and methodology (madh-hab) is that of the Khawaarij."

And Ibn al Qayyim (d. 751H) said in Miftaah Daaris Sa'aadah (1/119), "And as for Imam Maalik, then Ibn al Qaasim said, "I heard Maalik say, 'Indeed there are a people who desire worship but squander the Knowledge (being deprived of it) so they revolt against the Ummah of Muhammad (salallaahu'alayheewasallam) with their swords. And if they had followed the Knowledge, then it would have prevented them from doing that."

And Shaykh Abdul Azeez Ibn Baaz, (hafidhahullaah) was asked, "Is it from the Manhaj (methodology) of the Salaf to criticise the Rulers from the mimbar (the pulpit)? And what is the Manhaj of the Salaf with respect to advising the Rulers? "He responded: "It is not from the Manhaj of the Salaf to publicise the faults of the Rulers and to mention such things from the pulpit because that leads to confusion/disorder and the absence of hearing and obeying the ruler in what is good. It also results in (the people) becoming engrossed (with these matters, arguing and debating) which causes harm and produces no benefit.

The followed Path with the Salaf, however is to give naseehah (advice) with respect to the matters which are between themselves and the leader, writing to him or by reaching him through the scholars who keep in touch with him (to advise him) until the ruler is directed towards the good. Repelling the evil occurs without mentioning the doer of the evil.

So fornication, drinking of intoxicants and the taking of usury are curbed without mentioning the one who does such things. Warding off the evil and warning and the people against it is sufficient without it being mentioned that such and such a person does it, whether he is a ruler or other than the ruler.

And when the fitnah occurred in the time of 'Uthmaan Gani (radiallaahu'anhu), some of the people said to Usaamah ibn Zaid (radiallaahu'anhu), "Will you not speak to 'Uthmaan?" So he replied, "You think that I will not talk to him without letting you know about it (also). Indeed, I will certainly talk to him regarding that which concerns me and him without initiating a matter which I do not love to be the first to initiate."

And when they (the Khawaarij) opened up the evil in the time of 'Uthmaan (radiallaahu'anhu) and rejected 'Uthmaan openly, the fitnah, the killing and the mischief, which has not ceased to affect the people to this day, was brought about. And this caused the fitnah to occur between 'Alee and Mu'aawiyyah and 'Uthmaan (radiallaahu'anhu) was killed for these reasons.

(Futhermore) a large number of Companions and others besides them were killed due to this open rebellion and the open proclamation of the faults (of the ruler), until the people began to hate the one charged with authority over them and killed him. We ask Allah for success." [These were the words of the Shaykh Abdul Azeez Ibn Baaz, (hafidhahullaah). Taken from Al-Ma'loom min Waajib il-'Ilaaqah bain al Haakim wal-Mahkoom, (pp. 22-23).]

It is authentically reported from the Messenger of Allah Muhammad (salallaahu'alayheewasallam) in the Ahaadeeth of 'Iyaad Ibn Ghunum who said, "The Messenger of Allaah Muhammad (salallaahu'alayheewasallam) said, "Whoever desires to advise the one with authority then he should not do so openly, rather he should take him by the hand and take him into seclusion (and then advise him). And if he accepts (the advice) from him then (he has achieved his objective) and if not, then he has fulfilled that which was a duty upon him." (Reported by Ahmad (3/403) and Ibn Abee 'Aasim (2/521) with a Saheeh isnaad.)

When changing the evil of the rulers, then this should be done by the scholars and not openly as is mentioned by a clear Ahaadeeth of the Prophet (salallaahu'alayheewasallam), "When you wish to correct the sultan then take him by the hand in secret and advise him." [Aqeedah at Tahawiyah]

And it is also related by Ibn Sa'ad in Tabaqaatul Kubraa (7/163-165)
A group of Muslims came to al Hasan al Basree (d. 110H) seeking a verdict to rebel against al Hajjaaj [3]. So they said, "O Abu Sa'eed! What do you say about fighting this oppressor who has unlawfully spilt blood and unlawfully taken wealth and did this and that?"
So al Hasan said, "I hold that he should not be fought. If this is the punishment from Allah (Ta'aala), then you will not be able to remove it with your swords. If this is a trial from Allah (Ta'aala), then be patient until Allah's Judgement comes, and He is the best of Judges."

So they left Al Hasan, disagreed with him and rebelled against al Hajjaaj - so al Hajjaaj killed them all.

Hajjaaj wasath Thaqafee, and is well known. Adh Dhahabee said in Siyar A'lamin Nubalaa (4/343) at the end of his biography, "We revile him and do not love him, rather we hate him for Allah (Ta'aala). He had some good deeds, but they are drowned in the ocean of his sins, and his affair is for Allah!"

About them al Hasan used to say, "If the people had patience, when they were being tested by their unjust ruler, it will not be long before Allah (Ta'aala) will give them a way out. However, they always rush for their swords, so they are left to their swords. By Allah! Not even for a single day did they bring about any good."
and more here...Insha Allah I'll go through them:

http://www.allaahuakbar.net/rulers/index.htm

Maimunah
03-02-2007, 10:32 AM
mashaAllah great info guys

wasalaamu aleykum wr br

IceQueen~
03-02-2007, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
According to the hadith, the prophet (pbuh) will be followed by rightly guided caliphs and after those caliphs (Abu Baker, Omar, Uthman and Ali) will come hereditary leadership (all other Caliphs starting from Bani Umayyah) and after that will come tyrannical rule (today) and after that will come a rightly guided caliphs yet again inshaa'Allaah.

the last stage is supposed to be when Imam Mahdi comes Insha Allah

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-02-2007, 11:19 AM

This topic is very good mashaAllah. Alot of lessons can be learned from history. It is said that the ruler is a reflection of the Ummah. If the Ummah is upon righteousness, the ruler(s) shall be righteous inshaAllah.

- Qatada -
03-02-2007, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah

This topic is very good mashaAllah. Alot of lessons can be learned from history. It is said that the ruler is a reflection of the Ummah. If the Ummah is upon righteousness, the ruler(s) shall be righteous inshaAllah.

:wasalamex

Na'am, that is true to an extent. I'm not judging the rulers but in the dynasties of Bani Umayyah and Bani Abbaas, we had people like the 4 great imaams of fiqh [Abu Hanifa, Malik, Shafi'ie, Ahmad etc.], and also the famous scholars of hadith [i.e. Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, etc.]

But the ummah was in a state of chaos when these pious people were alive. There were so many revolutions by the people due to the injustice caused by the government. Allaahu a'lam.

I learnt alot from this series of lectures by Bashar Shalla, click on Islamic History insha'Allaah:

http://www.pleasantviewschool.com/media/

MinAhlilHadeeth
03-02-2007, 01:51 PM

Na'am akhee. There are pious people alive now, yet look at the disarray. I think perhaps it is a reflection on how the majority of the ummah is like? Allahu A'lam. JazakAllah khayr for the link. There's alot to listen to!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-04-2007, 07:02 PM
:sl:

I remember a narration, where a person came up to Ali r.a. and asked, "Why are we having these trials under you when we did not have them under Abu Bakr r.a. and Umar r.a.?" Ali r.a. replied by saying, "Abu Bakr r.a. and Umar r.a. led people like me whilst I am leading a people like you."

Meaning that the leaders are a reflection of the people, and how much can a leader do if the people themselves are not proper? Some people think that the solution to our problems today are to change the leaders and Islam will be back up. Allaah did not say that Allaah will change our state when we change our leaders, He said: "Verily, Allaah does not change people's condition unless they change what is in themselves." (13:11). We have no one to blame for our state today but ourselves.
"Whatever calamity and misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your own hands have earned" (42:30)
Shaykh al-Albani said:
"The best way to change the evil is for Muslims to repent to their Lord, correct their beliefs, and nurture themselves and their families according to the correct Islam, as Allaah says "Verily, Allaah does not change: people's condition unless they change what is in themselves." (Soorah ar-Ra'd 13:11). And the way to salvation is not, as some people imagine, to rise up with arms against the rulers, and to conduct military coups. In addition to being among the contemporary bid'ahs (innovations), such actions disregard the texts of Islam, among which is the command to change ourselves. Furthermore, it is imperative to establish the foundation upon which the building will stand: "Verily, Allaah will Most certainly support him who supports His cause; verily, Allaah is Most Powerful and Almighty." (surah al-Hajj 22:40). This is the methodical and orderly approach, and the correct practice based upon the Qur'aan and Sunnah that the Ummah must agree upon, enjoin and call to.

http://www.islaam.net/main/display.p...106&category=3
http://www.alminbar.com/khutbaheng/2290.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.