PDA

View Full Version : Botox!



nelly
03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Im wonderin if havin botox is allowed?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
03-01-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't know about Botox in Islam...but I prefer women, in particular, to have some facial expression. The whole non-moving forehead and eyebrows disturb me.
Reply

Woodrow
03-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by nelly
Im wonderin if havin botox is allowed?
I am certain it is allowed for necessary surgical procedures where muscle groups need to be paralyzed for healing.

I really doubt if it is allowed for cosmetic purposes. In fact it seems to be out right stupid to use it for cosmetic purposes. I can not think of a valid reason to be injected with one of the deadliest known toxins to temporarily remove a few wrinkles.
Reply

Keltoi
03-01-2007, 06:04 PM
If you saw Nicole Kidman at the Academy Awards you will understand why Botox is a very bad thing to play around with.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Muezzin
03-01-2007, 06:09 PM


Such an appealing look, no?
Reply

Keltoi
03-02-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
:D ....perfect.
Reply

syilla
03-02-2007, 01:59 AM
:sl:

In malaysia, ulama's says haram. one of it because of the content of the botox. i'll try to get to full info.
Reply

north_malaysian
03-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
:sl:

In malaysia, ulama's says haram. one of it because of the content of the botox. i'll try to get to full info.
yupp... botox was declared "haram" because it contains something extracted from a "non-halal" animal (a pig, I think) from what I've heard. I think they just declared it last year.

A famous Indonesian singer Kris Dayanti (who is a Muslim), who admitted that she used botox was shocked knowing this... and she would consult her doctor about the content of botox she used.
Reply

syilla
03-02-2007, 03:23 AM
From Dr Ahmad Al-Haji Al-Khurdi mufti for Fiqh Kuwait.

Question :

السلام عليكم ورحمه الله وبركاته.
بعض المعلومات عن بوتوكس : إلا أن أطباء التجميل لاحظوا منذ أوائل التسعينيات أن حقن كميات صغيرة من التوكسين في عضلات الجبين وبين العينين وحول الفم وأيضا في عضلات الرقبة يؤدي إلى شلل تلك العضلات، وبالتالي اختفاء التجاعيد التي تنتج عن تقلصها! حتى إن استخدام البوتوكس انتشر بين نجوم ونجمات هوليود كأكثر أهم طرق القضاء على التجاعيد والمحافظة على الشباب الزائف. يبدأ مفعول التوكسين في إخفاء تجعيدة التكشير بعد حوالي 3-4 أيام ويستمر لمدة 3-5 أشهر حتى يختفي أثر المفعول مرة أخرى وبعده يتم حقن العضلة بالبوتوكس مرة أخرى حتى تستمر التجعيدة في الاختفاء.يستخدم البوتوكس أيضا في علاج الصداع النصفي، حيث لاحظ أطباء التجميل أن كثيرين من مرضى الصداع النصفي تتحسن حالتهم بعد حقن الدواء من أجل إخفاء التجاعيد، كما يستخدم في علاج آلام الظهر وتشنج عضلات الأطراف.
ما حكم استخدام بوتوكس للتّجميل ؟ و جزاكم الله خير الجزاء.


Answer :

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
الحمد لله رب العالمين، والصلاة والسلام على سيدنا محمد خاتم الأنبياء والمرسلين، وعلى آله وأصحابه أجمعين، والتابعين، ومن تبع هداهم بإحسان إلى يوم الدين، وبعد:
فحكمه مرتبط بمدى ما فيه من الضرر، فإن لم يكن فيه ضرر ما فهو مباح، وإن وجد الضرر فالمنع يكون للضرر الذي فيه، وأمر ذلك متروك لأرباب الاختصاص.
والله تعالى أعلم.



ويتم تكرار الحقن ما بين 3-4 مرات على مرور عام واحد، وبعدها غالبا ما يستمر المفعول لمدة قد تصل إلى 18 شهرا. أما الأسعار فتتراوح ما بين 300 إلى أكثر من 1000 دولار للحقنة الواحدة.




1. Dr Ahmad Al-Haji Al-Khurdi. البوتوكس يخفي التجاعيد: http://islamic-fatwa.net/viewtopic.p...ID=12516#24071

2. Dr Nadia Al-Awdhi. السلاح البيولوجي يعالج تجاعيد الوجه!! : http://www.islamonline.net/arabic/sc...Article7.shtml

Maybe someone can help with the translation
Reply

snakelegs
03-02-2007, 04:15 AM
well, i have no idea if it's allowed or not.
but i find it sad that a person would want to have this done to them to change their looks.
i like my wrinkles!
Reply

syilla
03-02-2007, 04:29 AM
but i think somewhere in the fatwa said....if you want to use it for medical purposes then it is okay for example migraine.

*waiting for someone to translate it.
Reply

north_malaysian
03-02-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
فحكمه مرتبط بمدى ما فيه من الضرر، فإن لم يكن فيه ضرر ما فهو مباح، وإن وجد الضرر فالمنع يكون للضرر الذي فيه، وأمر ذلك متروك لأرباب الاختصاص.
والله تعالى أعلم.
I wonder the exact contents of botox...:muddlehea
Reply

Woodrow
03-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I wonder the exact contents of botox...:muddlehea
It is the toxin produced by the Botulism Bacteria. It is a neuro toxin that is one of the deadliest toxins known. It is usually produced by improper canning food. The bacteria has to grow in an oxygen free environment to produce the toxin. The canning process has to be hot enough to drive out the free oxygen, but not hot enough to kill the bacteria for it to form.

I do not know the process used to deliberatly make it.

It works because it causes total paralysis of muscles. It is only temporary when used cosmetically and needs to be redone almost monthly.

The amount used has to be very carefully measured and tailored precisely to the individual. this is one of those times when there is very little difference between an effective dose and a fatal dose.
Reply

north_malaysian
03-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is the toxin produced by the Botulism Bacteria. It is a neuro toxin that is one of the deadliest toxins known. It is usually produced by improper canning food. The bacteria has to grow in an oxygen free environment to produce the toxin. The canning process has to be hot enough to drive out the free oxygen, but not hot enough to kill the bacteria for it to form.

I do not know the process used to deliberatly make it.

It works because it causes total paralysis of muscles. It is only temporary when used cosmetically and needs to be redone almost monthly.

The amount used has to be very carefully measured and tailored precisely to the individual. this is one of those times when there is very little difference between an effective dose and a fatal dose.

I prefer to wash my face with ablution water than taking that weird thing...
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!