/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Art Project - Islamic Art

~H~
03-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi.. I'm not so sure about a project that a friend of mine is doing for Art. Please help me out..

Basically the project is about culture/religion and my friend wants to base her project on Islamic Art.. she has to do a large painting depicting religion in some kind of way.. so she's got to use primary and secondary sources.. her secondary source is an image of islamic calligraphy for her background.. and she took a photo of a girl wearing hijab as a primary source and placed this in front of the calligraphy and made it slightly transparent so the calligraphy can be seen going over the face..

However, i researched and found that source of calligraphy which is a page of the Quran from the mid 14th century..

I dont think it's right for that to be painted.. but i'm not really sure.. because she has copied the image and drawn it onto an A1 sized board and is ready to paint it.. but the way she's copied the writing is more like a pattern and u cant read it as arabic writing..

So i want to know if that's ok or not?? and also your views about it overall..

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
03-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Salams
Try using www.askimam.com or www.islamqa.com

alibaba
08-29-2007, 06:20 PM
I like art. Especially good art

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.