/* */

PDA

View Full Version : biology any1??????

HIJABI***
03-06-2007, 01:17 PM
:sl:
does any1 do A level Biology specification A???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
deen_2007
03-06-2007, 01:30 PM
i did....at A Level!!! lol....ive forgotten half the stuff though...What is is sister?

HIJABI***
03-06-2007, 01:43 PM
lolzzz
sister really dont get classification The Five Kingdoms
u couldnt help me could u
if you know it
jazakhallah khair

queenmuslimah
03-06-2007, 01:47 PM
i have bio...but i have no idea wat level A bio is....i just regular bio............

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
03-06-2007, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HIJABI***
lolzzz
brother really dont get classification The Five Kingdoms
u couldnt help me could u
if you know it
jazakhallah khair

What don't you get? How to classify them? Firstly learn each of the 5 kigdoms and then the main criteria assocaited with each of them e.g

Animalia: Have eukaryotic cells, bodies are multicellular, do not possess chlorophyll, all are heterophic etc

The Ruler
03-06-2007, 05:10 PM

animals withought backbones aka invertebrates.

they are classified into 5 smaller groups:

1. cnidarians - these live mostly in the sea and have tentacles...they paralyse their prey and eat it...as in just push it in their mouth.

2. worms - three major types of worms
  • flatworms - which have flat bodies with a mouth on one end
  • roundworms - which have long, thin bodies, and live underground mostly
  • segmented worms - they have long tube shaped bodies that are made up of segments.
3. molluscs - these include animals like slugs, snails etc...their bodies are soft and have either one or two shells to protect them...9according to a book i looked up the other day, they also have a muscular 'foot')

4. echinoderms - these are the type of animals that live in the sea and have tough skins. eg . starfishes

5. arthropods - they are the largest group of invertebrates...bodies are divided into segments and the outer body is is supported by a hard skeleton called exoskeleton, if they grow too big for the exoskeleton, then they grow a new one...they also have feelers aka antennae...even anthropods have smaller groups...four smaller ones to be secific...i'm just going to name them
  • crustaceans
  • myriapods
  • insects
  • arachnids
those with back bines aka vertebrates...im only going to name them since you should know about them already...as in like...what they are :)
  • fish
  • amphibians - the ones that can live under water and on land eg. frogs
  • reptiles eg. snakes or crocodiles
  • birds
  • mammals eg. us :D
i hope that helped...im not an a-level student...but i wrote what i knew...i hope it helps.

:w:

HIJABI***
03-07-2007, 10:52 AM
jazakhallah khair evryone i really appreciate ur help

03-07-2007, 11:12 AM
the five kingdoms: Phylum Class Order Family Genus and Species

Is that what you were looking for:?

HIJABI***
03-07-2007, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice

Is that what you were looking for:?
yeh sis

03-07-2007, 11:30 AM
i came late lol and sisters have already replied, but is there still anything that you dont understand?

HIJABI***
03-07-2007, 11:46 AM
i came late lol and sisters have already replied, but is there still anything that you dont understand?
lolzzz no its aryt thanx but thanx 4 ur help anyway sis!!!:D
dont worri if im eva stuk on anythn else il cum strayt to u!lolzzzzz

Malaikah
03-07-2007, 12:02 PM

Those aren't kingdoms. They are classifications. Plus you have listed 6, not 5 and you're missing the first one- domain! :D:p

The five kingdoms are Monera, Protista, Fungi, Plantae, and Animalia.

If you have any questions about microorganisms (bacteria/archaea/eukaryotic single-celled organisms), please ask! I love this topic! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.