stretching out to the horizon.
in the vast ocean of darkness,
it holds itself strong.
A reflection of the light rays
on the ripple of ocean waves.
it is a beam of happiness suspended in mid air,
waiting to engulf its surrounding.
it is a small jewel found deep within the earth's crust,
hidden and buried away from prying eyes.

Faith.
it brings happiness to every heart,
a smile on every face,
warmth on a cold evening,
light in a dark room,
a life in the dry arid desert of our lifeless bodies.

i wrote it...laugh in my face...i like it.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
03-08-2007, 05:02 PM
u like being laughed in your face? LOL?

:salamext: its allrite

- Qatada -
03-08-2007, 05:59 PM
:salamext:

Maasha Allaah nice.. just change the 'it is' parts to it's, because it makes the poem smoother insha'Allaah.. if u get me.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-08-2007, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Maasha Allaah nice.. just change the 'it is' parts to it's, because it makes the poem smoother insha'Allaah.. if u get me.
ye but it makes it less shakespeary..ish and i think thats the kind of stuff rooh likes

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
03-09-2007, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
u like being laughed in your face? LOL?

:salamext: its allrite

that was sarcasm akhi :mmokay:

yeah...but i like it formal...and according to bro mazed, its "shakespeary"...although i dont like that shakespeare guy nor his stupid plays or sonnets...but hey...it sounds posh...which is good...right?

IbnAbdulHakim
03-09-2007, 05:54 PM

jus thought i'll mention wheneva i think POSH i think STUCK UP/SNOBBISH, is that just me? :X

can anyone really say the prophet saws was posh :?

- Qatada -
03-09-2007, 06:02 PM
:wasalamex

I understand ukhti.

Bro ibnabdulHakim, the Prophets of Allaah (peace be upon them) were noble people.

The word posh usually represents someone being fashionable, as can be seen in the definition.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-09-2007, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:wasalamex

I understand ukhti.

Bro ibnabdulHakim, the Prophets of Allaah (peace be upon them) were noble people.

The word posh usually represents someone being fashionable, as can be seen in the definition.

jazakAllah khair

Posh:

Common usage
In American English, "posh" is usually used to describe luxury objects -- the interior of a Rolls-Royce, for example, might be called posh. In British English, the same meaning for objects and styles holds, but people can also be posh (although not "a posh" as in the original usage), by which it is meant that they display both wealth and "upper class" tastes. Often there is some implication of ostentation or snobbery in such a description, and it is usually used in a derogatory sense.

:)

The Ruler
03-09-2007, 06:40 PM

jus thought i'll mention wheneva i think POSH i think STUCK UP/SNOBBISH, is that just me? :X
here wesay a writing is posh when it sounds complicated or has 'posh' language...like long words...its basicly another way of saying a formal writing.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-09-2007, 06:42 PM

sister i think your writing is thought provoking and i wouldnt use any other word for it.

i mean that as a big compliment of course.

The Ruler
03-09-2007, 06:46 PM

sister i think your writing is thought provoking and i wouldnt use any other word for it.

i mean that as a big compliment of course.
lol...thanks...but please do suggest any improvement if you could...because on a long term dream, i am planning on making a book with these poems. so im going to need all the suggestions and improvements i can make on these poems.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.