/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eating carnivores.

Abdul Fattah
03-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Selam aleykum
I was wondering if anybody could help me with this.
In the west there are halal slaughterhouses that distribute to muslim butchers and kebap-dealers and so on.
But I assume that a lot of the animals slaughtered there come from western farms. Often in farms in the west they mix death animals into animal food. Like they mix the meat of a pig (the part they cannot sell) into the food for the cows and chickens. Now, would that make those animals carnivores? Wouldn't that mean they are no longer fit for consumption? Does that mean that even halal food could be haram :X

Edit: I found somewhere that carnivores are only forbidden if they have fangs....
So that would mean these cases are ok?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
peaceman
03-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Salam alaikum wrb,

On the issue that you stated I will tell you the view of the scholars, incha Allah.

If an animal eats meat, i.e. is carnivorous, that does make the animal forbidden just for this reason. It would be forbidden for one of the follwoing three reasons:

1. The animal has fangs.

2. The (bird) animal has talons.

3. The animal eats carrion or other filth (like vultures). In arabic this is called "Jalalah".

As far as the issue of an animal eating something forbidden, like pork, there is a difference of opinion of the scholars on this issue. The majority of scholars hold it forbidden, if most of the fodder is forbidden, since they say the fodder in transformed into the animal. This is the view of Shafi, Hanbali, and the school of bin baz. They also hold that the eggs and milk are also forbidden.

Malik and some other scholars view that it is allowed, saying the impurity is transformed into purity upon consumption, becoming meat and eggs.

There is also a third view by some scholars that say that the animal should be fed with pure food for a few days, so as to clear out its system.

And Allah knows.

:w:

Abdul Fattah
03-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Oh my that would mean us brothers in teh west practicly have to become completely vegan?!

Snowflake
03-12-2007, 01:55 PM
I've been thinking that for a while now. JazakAllah khair for bringing it up. Oh man we need muslim farmers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Camomilla
03-12-2007, 02:09 PM
I think It's really hard to be a vegan....

Snowflake
03-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Malik and some other scholars view that it is allowed, saying the impurity is transformed into purity upon consumption, becoming meat and eggs.
I really don't understand this opinion. The haram fodder is still nourishing the animal, hence providing it's body haram nutrients. Then how can the meat from that animal be halal? Or do I just think too much. :X

peaceman
03-13-2007, 09:59 AM
:sl:

Muslimah sis,

It is good that you ponder over the rulings of the ulema. May Allah reward you with goodness.

It is always good to try to understand how an opinion of a scholar could be correct, instead of trying to see how the opinion could be incorrect. This way the person will accept and receive the knowledge, and become more knowledgable. and the knowledge will continue to flow. Otherwise, the knowledge runs into a barrier, and the person does not increase his or her knowledge. It is encumbant on everyone to brush aside their own personal opinions and judgements, and listen to and follow the righteous predecessor scholars.

It is encumbant on everyone to love the scholars (May Allah have mercy on them) , and remove any kind of aversion that they might have in their hearts against them.

A way to look at this opinion, might be to look at an example of a fish. Even though it eats worms, and mosquitos, it is still considered to be fish.

And Allah knows.

Pk_#2
03-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Thats bro now i feel sik

Muslimah sis, we need Muslim farmers, we need Muslim doctors (mno perverts get me), we need Muslim teachers to keep an eye on the ummah :|

Hmmmmmm

Endless list.

Ameen to bro Peacemans dua :)

IbnAbdulHakim
03-13-2007, 10:08 AM
im so close to going back to bangladesh and starting my own farm now. i might aswell jus DO IT!

Asyur an-Nagi
03-13-2007, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Camilla
I think It's really hard to be a vegan....
yes. it IS really hard. when i was studying in a non muslim-majority country, i tried to be a vegan. and i almost turned myself into bird (oatmeal, bran, wheat, and beans as my daily staff) :D

Asyur an-Nagi
03-13-2007, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by steve
Selam aleykum
I was wondering if anybody could help me with this.
In the west there are halal slaughterhouses that distribute to muslim butchers and kebap-dealers and so on.
But I assume that a lot of the animals slaughtered there come from western farms. Often in farms in the west they mix death animals into animal food. Like they mix the meat of a pig (the part they cannot sell) into the food for the cows and chickens. Now, would that make those animals carnivores? Wouldn't that mean they are no longer fit for consumption? Does that mean that even halal food could be haram :X

Edit: I found somewhere that carnivores are only forbidden if they have fangs....
So that would mean these cases are ok?
:sl:
is there no islamic cattle farm there, brother? or any meat should be imported?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.