take the fuse out! lol
no seriously, he won't give up just because you don't like it. So be patient. From your post, I'm assuming that the nature of the programmes your husband views aren't always desirable. Don't worry.
Follow these steps.. in this order :p
1) without mentioning the TV, talk to him about zina of the eyes and ears. Tell him that seeing and hearing what's forbidden is sin. Give his brain time to absorb undesirable
information. Be casual, like, "SubhanAllah can you imagine that looking at nudity etcetc.. is zina of the eyes. And our eyes will testify against us on the D.O.J!" Or something like that.
2) Few days later... enforce the message with evidence, e.g. books, audios, (don't mention TV yet) and provide Quranic verses + hadith about lowering the gaze and hayaa. Quip that this includes not looking at pictures too! ;)
3) A few days later, by which time he might have realised
that he's seeing haram images on TV too, mention that we're constantly being bombarded with offensive images on TV. Again, say it's fitnah and zina for our eyes.
4) Help him increase his knowledge of deen. It's amazing how knowledge affects our hearts and minds and we mentally and physically start refraining from everything that is haram.
5) Be a role model. If your husband sees you striving for your deen, it will have a positive effect on him. Whether he's affected through guilt or genuine interest, at least it's got his attention! Then........
Prepare for the strike!
1) when he has the TV on and something offensive comes on (bad lingo/nudity) say, "astaghfirullahhhhhh!!!!!!! This is what I meant by zina of the eyes and ears!" *look deeply offended x million* :offended: :offended:
2) Print this article and say, "Look what I found on the internet." (That's not a lie - you DID find it on the internet). Read it with him. http://www.inter-islam.org/Prohibitions/television.html
3) Hopefully, hopefully, inshaAllah, inshaAllah, even if he doesn't get rid of the TV instantly, everything he's learnt will be playing on his conscience. Strike while the iron's hot! I can't tell you exactly how to say it. But sumthing like, "Hun/sweetheart (whatever..whatever..) I really think we should get rid of the TV. There's just too much filth on it." etc etc...
You know my brain's just died! Anyway, do it that way if you wanna do it the gentle way and best of all in a way that he'll happily oblige with. I mean u can argue about it but that's going to make him resentful. Bad idea!
Course, you don't have to follow the plan with military precision, but with hikmah and a little bit of cunning in any way you see best should also work.
Good luck! Plz let me know the outcome if you follow my plan. :D