/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Vacation before Hajj?

Isaac
03-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Asalamualaikum,

I have a question in regards to Hajj. I was curious to know what the ruling was in regards to muslims going on vacations, while not having performed Hajj. I have come to believe that every able muslim should perform Hajj, and do so when given the first chance -i.e financially and in good health.

What I find strange is how many people justify their actions on going on honeymoon, vacation, other travels [non-urgent], while ignoring the call to Hajj. Its obvious that the people are in good health and financially capable to perform the Hajj, if they can go abroad.

JazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
habibti4allah7
03-14-2007, 03:44 PM
what is hajj??

Isaac
03-14-2007, 03:58 PM
The 5th Pillar of Islam. The pilgrimage to Makkah (the hajj) is an obligation only for those who are physically and financially able to do so. Nevertheless, over two million people go to Makkah each year from every corner of the globe providing a unique opportunity for those of different nations to meet one another.

The annual hajj begins in the twelfth month of the Islamic year (which is lunar, not solar, so that hajj and Ramada-n fall sometimes in summer, sometimes in winter). Pilgrims wear special clothes: simple garments that strip away distinctions of class and culture, so that all stand equal before God.

The rites of the hajj, which are of Abrahamic origin, include going around the Ka'bah seven times, and going seven times between the hills of Safa and Marwa as did Hagar (Hajir, Abraham's wife) during her search for water. The pilgrims later stand together on the wide plains of 'Arafat (a large expanse of desert outside Makkah) and join in prayer for God's forgiveness, in what is often thought as a preview of the Day of Judgment.

The close of the hajj is marked by a festival, the 'Id al Adha, which is celebrated with prayers and the exchange of gifts in Muslim communities everywhere. This and the 'Id al Fitr, a festive day celebrating the end of Ramada-n, are the two holidays of the Islamic calendar.

Musalmaan
03-16-2007, 05:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
Asalamualaikum,

I have a question in regards to Hajj. I was curious to know what the ruling was in regards to muslims going on vacations, while not having performed Hajj. I have come to believe that every able muslim should perform Hajj, and do so when given the first chance -i.e financially and in good health.

What I find strange is how many people justify their actions on going on honeymoon, vacation, other travels [non-urgent], while ignoring the call to Hajj. Its obvious that the people are in good health and financially capable to perform the Hajj, if they can go abroad.

JazakAllah

yes i agree with you. the fardh Hajj should be given priority. usually people delay it for doing in the time of their retirement life. some people dont know its importance some take the matter lightly.

---

The fact that Haj has been granted the status of being the fifth pillar of Islam is itself an indication of its importance in Deen. Indeed, such stress has been laid on the performance of Haj that no person upon whom Haj has become compulsory should ever delay in fulfilling this obligation.
Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) is reported to have said:
"The one who was not prevented from Haj by a definite need, or a tyrant ruler, or a severe illness and he passed away without having performed the Haj, then he may pass away if he wishes as a Jew or, if he wishes, as a Christian'' (Daarmi).
Allahu Akbar! What a stern warning! A person who delays in performing the obligatory Haj without a valid excuse is being warned of a bad death (may Allah Ta'ala protect us all).
Hence Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) is reported to have said:
"He who intends to perform (the obligatory) Haj should hasten in performing it" (Abu Dawood).

http://www.jamiat.org.za/hajj/HajjMabroor.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hibah786
03-17-2007, 08:24 AM
May Allah grant us good in this dunya and good and the hearafter and protect us all from the torment of hell. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.