/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not collecting Zakat

faithful
03-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Where I live the Masjids are in the process of building two new larger Masjids and Islamic school. Most of the members are well off and can afford if asked (and they have been) to donate $25,000 or more. They said they are encouraging the members to donate to help build and have not stressed the collection of zakat. In fact there is no alms for the poor and the Masjid is turning some away without help.

Can the Masjids do that? I've heard that many don't give zakat until ramadan. How can they choose to do that when they don't know when a person is going to be most in need?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
faithful
03-25-2007, 05:49 PM
:? What? Are there anyone on this board that can address my question?

- Qatada -
03-25-2007, 05:56 PM
:salamext:

I don't really know the answer sister, but i think you should ask a scholar inshaa Allaah.

I think you can ask here:
http://www.islamtoday.net/english/fa...chive_main.cfm

And i'll move this post to the main basics of islaam section and see if more people take notice of it inshaa Allaah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.