/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what if we treated our Quran like we treat our cell phones?

hissa
03-17-2007, 06:33 PM
:sl:

I wonder what would happen if we treated our Quran like we treat
our cell phones?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it as we traveled?
What if we used it in case of an emergency?

This is something to make you go ...hmm...where is my Quran?
Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't ever have
to worry about our Quran being disconnected !
Pass this on to everyone you know that has a cell phone. Makes you
stop & think "where are my priorities?"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Camomilla
03-17-2007, 06:40 PM
:sl:
u are right sister!
It really makes u think....

snakelegs
03-17-2007, 08:57 PM
only problem is when you are out in public and need to use a restroom - you can do that with your cell phone in your pocket, but not your qur'an.
actually, there was a similar thread a couple of weeks ago.

Camomilla
03-19-2007, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
only problem is when you are out in public and need to use a restroom - you can do that with your cell phone in your pocket, but not your qur'an.
actually, there was a similar thread a couple of weeks ago.
True, I think that's why It's hard to carry the Quraan with u..:?
But if ur in a masjid, then there Is no problem.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
E'jaazi
03-20-2007, 04:23 AM
UR right. If we memorized on ayat of Qu'ran for every 10 calls we make or receive, think about how much Qu'ran we could know!!!

jello
03-20-2007, 02:03 PM
^

The issue also is that there is no need for Wudhu in carrying cell phones, but there is this requirement for carrying the Arabic copy of the Mushaf.

Kittygyal
03-20-2007, 02:05 PM
salamualikum
^ agreed indeed
ma'assalama

Re.TiReD
03-20-2007, 02:06 PM
^^^ lol thats not the point....the point is to prioritise certain things....good post sis :w:

Kittygyal
03-20-2007, 02:08 PM
salamualikum.
but but^^ the title of this thread says ''what if we treated Qura'an like we treat our cells'' so basically we don't need to do ablution for touching our cells but we DO need to keep care of them indeed so it's like how much we use or cells we should also recite the Qura'an
Ma'assalama

noodles
03-20-2007, 02:54 PM
You know, I'll tell you what would happen if we treated our Quran the same way we treat our cellphones.

Firstly, we'd be walking with a huge bulge on the side of the pants because the size of the Quran wouldnt really be fitting for our pockets.

Secondly, we be putting the Quran against the side of our head and saying 'hello?'...'yes?'...'So you're going to take me to jannah?'

Lastly, we would make sure to pull out our Quran every 10 to 15 minutes and make sure we didn't get any scratches on it.

:D In all seriousness, do forgive me for my satirical humor. I do tend to get a bit on the wild side when attempting to joke.

Although I earnestly say that if we DID happen to treat them the same way, we'd be seeing many many more hafiz/hafizah today.

Kittygyal
03-20-2007, 03:12 PM
salamualikum.
^ lol true. i wouldn't say treat your Qura'ans same as your cellz because i wouldn't place my Qura'an anywhere && then forget it cause thats what i tend to do nor i would NEVER throw it on floor like i do when am mad with my cell so i guess it's all about instead of wasting your time on cell why not waste it in a more desent way byreciting the Qura'an, also nowadays many people have got qura'an reciation on there cells like myself so i listen to that when am out travelling or something. So it's more like thinking about what comes first Qura'an or cell && what is more important.
Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.