/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please, PLEASE post me the tafsir of these two verses from the Quran!

Tiger_Stripes
03-19-2007, 09:47 PM
:sl:

I am planning to debate a very prominent atheist on the internet over the issue of Quran and science. If you can, please post me the Tafsir of the following 2 verses. I will do anything that can help me out!

21:30
Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe? (Yusuf Ali)

51:47
With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the vastness of pace.

Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tiger_Stripes
03-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Bump!

vpb
03-19-2007, 10:29 PM
I am planning to debate a very prominent atheist on the internet over the issue of Quran and science. If you can, please post me the Tafsir of the following 2 verses. I will do anything that can help me out!
bro first if I were you, i would not go in a debate with him. debate do nothing but pushes people away from each other, very few are those that in debate they take the side of the other person. and second is that you can't just take comment of verse from tafsir and debate with people, bc a huge amount of knowledge is needed for a person to have in order to work with tafsir.

please no offense

snakelegs
03-19-2007, 10:32 PM
maybe these will help?
http://www.fisabilillah.org/tafsir_surah.asp
http://www.altafsir.com/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
03-19-2007, 10:33 PM
tiger_stripes, please take my advise :)

snakelegs
03-19-2007, 10:38 PM
vpb,
i would agree with you. i think these debates are a waste of time.

Tiger_Stripes
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I cannot tolerate these people spewing lies and deceptions on Islam. Somebody needs to engage in civilized debates and prove who is right.

vpb
03-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I cannot tolerate these people spewing lies and deceptions on Islam. Somebody needs to engage in civilized debates and prove who is right.
yes but only people like ie. Dr. Zakir naik can engage on debates, bc for debates you need to have knowledge more and outside the topic , rather then just the topic you're talking. the best thing we can do, is convey the message to people and they have their brains to think :)

snakelegs
03-19-2007, 10:44 PM
these debates never really go anywhere.
are you open to the idea that islam could be wrong?
well, the atheists are not open to the idea that islam could be right.
so, what's the point in debating?

Tiger_Stripes
03-19-2007, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
these debates never really go anywhere.
are you open to the idea that islam could be wrong?
well, the atheists are not open to the idea that islam could be right.
so, what's the point in debating?
I am not here to prove Islam is right. I want to prove a specific criticism on Islam is wrong and unfounded.

snakelegs
03-19-2007, 10:52 PM
oh ok, but i doubt if your words will fall on open ears.
in any case, good luck.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.