/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Spellin' ellah

SirZubair
03-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Asalam alaikum.

What is up with some of the posts by some of our lovely brothers and sisters?

"lyk" "dat" "den" "wikid" "waddap" etc are words that do not exist in the dictionary, along with many others that i can point out that some of you guys and girls seem to be using ( or abusing ) alot recently.

So my request to the Admin/Staff, could you please introduce a Spell Check system to the forum? If not, then make it compulsory for all members to visit :

www.dictionary.com before posting,... especially those who are known to make dozens of mistakes in each post.

there is nothing wrong with AN error, there is nothing wrong with a couple of errors,... but the amount of errors i've been picking up on recently is just stupid.

Either i'm being too picky, or www.dictionary.com is about to get alot of hits..

wa'salaam

- Zubair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 06:45 PM
dictionary.com isnt the only thing about to get a lot of HITS :p ;D

SirZubair
03-21-2007, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
dictionary.com isnt the only thing about to get a lot of HITS :p ;D
Oh yeah? You and whose army? Kitty and Ribena girl? hahahahahaha.

Thats all i've got to say to you :D :D

IbnAbdulHakim
03-21-2007, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Oh yeah? You and whose army? Kitty and Ribena girl? hahahahahaha.

Thats all i've got to say to you :D :D
lol i wasnt going to touch you, wouldnt want to give you any pleasure now would we :p

lol naa bro i dont really see their posts as bad as some terrible ones from before, i mean sum shockingly terrible ones :uuh:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
03-21-2007, 06:52 PM
SirZubair, I totally , completely, fully agree with you. :D:D:D

Kitty should be put in prison (dictionary.com) for 2 months.

Case is over !!! :hiding: :p

seeker_of_ilm
03-21-2007, 06:53 PM
wot iz rong wiv meh spelin' wordz how i lyk to? u cnt tel meh hw 2 type. itz a free cuuntry

In all seriousness, I do agree it can be annoying when people use text "lingo". It doesn't take much effort to type in standard English.

Muhammad
03-21-2007, 07:06 PM
:sl:

I don't know if we can introduce a spell check system, but it has been mentioned before that these kind of posts are not appropriate and can be given a 5% warning.

Anyway I will close this thread because we've had many like it and they get quite repetitive. Jazakallahu khayr for bringing the topic to everyone's attention.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.