/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Very cool video (post other prayer leaders to)

lavikor201
03-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey guys, I know this chazan (leader of the prayer). I am actually in this video for about 2 seconds maybe less. (i wont say who) LOL.

Anyway, here is the video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...962288296271&q

Another reason we Jews and Muslims should get along. Look how similar our prayer leaders chant the words of our prayers!

Post some cool videos of Muslim leaders of prayer, I love these people who can sing them so well.

(I doubt you do, but if any Xtian members wish they can post leaders of prayer with similar tones of voice.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
03-25-2007, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
Hey guys, I know this chazan (leader of the prayer). I am actually in this video for about 2 seconds maybe less. (i wont say who) LOL.

Anyway, here is the video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...962288296271&q

Another reason we Jews and Muslims should get along. Look how similar our prayer leaders chant the words of our prayers!

Post some cool videos of Muslim leaders of prayer, I love these people who can sing them so well.

(I doubt you do, but if any Xtian members wish they can post leaders of prayer with similar tones of voice.)
Just out of curiousity, why were the heads of women being covered?:)

lavikor201
03-25-2007, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Just out of curiousity, why were the heads of women being covered?:)
Modesty. So many Jewish women in Israel nowdays do not be modest at all.

NoName55
03-25-2007, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtubeislam.com/view_vid...b57a32e2841bda

http://www.youtubeislam.com/search_r...deos&x=51&y=18

wa salaam alaikum

Media Tags are no longer supported

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
03-25-2007, 05:50 PM
:salamext:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zavb8r7LYQ

his names sa'ad al ghamdi, reciting verse 2:255 from the Qur'an.

NoName55
03-25-2007, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

:wasalamex
I would be grateful if you show me how you embed video in posts

ma'asalaama

- Qatada -
03-25-2007, 06:11 PM

It only works for youtube videos - you just place the media tags:

[media] website link [ /media]

NoName55
03-25-2007, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

It only works for youtube videos - you just place the media tags:

[url] website link [ /media]
Thank you, jazakAllah khair wa salaam alaikum

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=3258171536331655749

Pk_#2
03-25-2007, 07:03 PM

^^ here you go bro, same surah same recitor except its a video :)

And erm..it has translations lol

AsalamuAlaykum!

lavikor201
03-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Anyone want to take a guess who was me? LOL.

arabiyyah
03-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Which one is you?!? If your in tha video, you probably look like a Muslim since they all look pretty arab/.

Mawaddah
03-26-2007, 01:44 PM
What are those things that the men are putting over their shoulders?

And what are they doing? some sort of ritual?

I see that they are only covering the heads of some of the women? Are those women getting ready to do something?

Interesting vid.

NoName55
03-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Prayers in Kuwait Mosque. www.turntoislam.com Sheikh al-'Afasy

IbnAbdulHakim
03-26-2007, 02:42 PM
The video looks like the events which extreme sufi's hold.

SubhanAllah what kamal el makki said is so shockingly true, from the slightest innovation comes out the most disgusting things, i mean look at the shi'is first it was just "we dont like abu bakr being khalifa" and now look! im sure when islam was distorted into judaism/christianity it was due to similar reasons.

may Allah help us realise that islam is the true path for monotheism (tawheed)

جوري
03-26-2007, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
Prayers in Kuwait Mosque. www.turntoislam.com Sheikh al-'Afasy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5hjVy90HAM
Beautiful... can I ask you to extend a courtesy and give me this in a downloadable form for my Ipod? :-[
shokran akhi... if you can't find it or it is unavailable then don't worry about it!
:w:

NoName55
03-26-2007, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Beautiful... can I ask you to extend a courtesy and give me this in a downloadable form for my Ipod? :-[
shokran akhi... if you can't find it or it is unavailable then don't worry about it!
Is ipod extention .mp4?

If so I can have a go at converting it

جوري
03-26-2007, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
Is ipod extention *.mp4?

If so I can hav a go at converting it
Oh akhi I am so ignorant when it comes to electronics :-[
this is the one I have I am not sure if that helps?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...lm=iPodshuffle

lavikor201
03-26-2007, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
What are those things that the men are putting over their shoulders?

And what are they doing? some sort of ritual?

Interesting vid.
The men are putting "Tallit Katan" over their shoulders. The Torah tells us to tie strings onto our four cornered garmets to remind us that G-d is watching us. A good analogy is that each of the four corners which has strings hangind are a witness to our actions, so their are four witnesses.

Those are the small ones, the small ones are usally just worn to keep us reminded that we are being watched by G-d:

The big ones are like this and are used in morning prayers:

This is a man tying the strings, they must be tied in a very exact way, by a pious man who ties them only for the sake of the commandment:

I see that they are only covering the heads of some of the women? Are those women getting ready to do something?
It is a gathering of the "retuners to faith" people who use to be secular Jews now becoming more religious. I guess some women did not get there hair covered yet, or did not want to yet.

NoName55
03-26-2007, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Oh akhi I am so ignorant when it comes to electronics :-[
this is the one I have I am not sure if that helps?
Sheikh_al-_Afasy.mp4

جوري
03-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Shokran akhi for time and courtesy extended

siFilam
03-26-2007, 07:49 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
The video looks like the events which extreme sufi's hold.

SubhanAllah what kamal el makki said is so shockingly true, from the slightest innovation comes out the most disgusting things, i mean look at the shi'is first it was just "we dont like abu bakr being khalifa" and now look! im sure when islam was distorted into judaism/christianity it was due to similar reasons.

may Allah help us realise that islam is the true path for monotheism (tawheed)
Which video r u referring to?

Mashallah the recitation by Sheikh al-'Afasy is very beautiful. I was wondering did anyone catch the ending of that clip when they went to Ruku, did the Imam just say Allah instead of Allahuakbar? :?

wsalam
-SI-

IbnAbdulHakim
03-26-2007, 07:53 PM

i was referring to the video by lavikor

siFilam
03-26-2007, 07:54 PM
lavikor201,
Thanks for sharing. Yeah I think we have more in command even though so many distractions causes us to forget.

It is a gathering of the "retuners to faith" people who use to be secular Jews now becoming more religious. I guess some women did not get there hair covered yet, or did not want to yet.
r u the Jewish women supposed to cover their head? Is the head covers only during prayer or is it like the Muslim women who cover all the time?

-SI-

siFilam
03-26-2007, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

i was referring to the video by lavikor
oh, sorry, :-[ I thought you were talking about the Sheikh al-'Afasy video. I was watching the whole clip trying to figure what was wrong with it.
wsalam
-SI-

IbnAbdulHakim
03-26-2007, 08:04 PM
lol sorry for not being more clear

:wasalamex

lavikor201
03-26-2007, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam
lavikor201,
Thanks for sharing. Yeah I think we have more in command even though so many distractions causes us to forget.

r u the Jewish women supposed to cover their head? Is the head covers only during prayer or is it like the Muslim women who cover all the time?

-SI-
Jewish men must cover there head with a head covering like a skullcap, all the time, but especially during prayer.

Women must cover their hair for modesty reasons.

queenmuslimah
03-26-2007, 08:24 PM
can anyone post sheikh salah bukhatir..............thanks

NoName55
03-26-2007, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by queenmuslimah
Salah Bukhatir leading Taraweeh prayers in Sharjah
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...47404013420862

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoJw72Tlo5M

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59

siFilam
03-26-2007, 08:33 PM
just curious who is Sheikh Salah Bukhatir, is he a Imam of any well-known masjid?

NoName55
03-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Juz 29-Salah Bukhatir

http://www.youtubeislam.com/view_vid...637abc7493ecdd

Mawaddah
03-27-2007, 03:12 PM
The men are putting "Tallit Katan" over their shoulders. The Torah tells us to tie strings onto our four cornered garmets to remind us that G-d is watching us. A good analogy is that each of the four corners which has strings hangind are a witness to our actions, so their are four witnesses.
Oh I see....Thanks. I also read once about something like a tiny box with something in it which is tied to the forehead? or was it the upper arm? Do you know what I'm talking about? What are they for?

The big ones are like this and are used in morning prayers:
So do you have a certain amount of prayers to be performed a day? and how are they performed?

This is a man tying the strings, they must be tied in a very exact way, by a pious man who ties them only for the sake of the commandment:
And so I assume once they are tied they stay that way right? :? what if they come out loose again, do you have to go to the pious man to have them re-tied? sorry if it sounds silly lol

Mawaddah
03-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh yes, another question lavikor, I noticed that the rabbi (was he a rabbi?) in your vid was reciting in a melodious manner, So I was wondering, do the jews also recite the Torah in a melodious manner and if they do , do they have recitors for it and such, like how we muslims have famous recitors of the Qur'an?

lavikor201
03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Oh I see....Thanks. I also read once about something like a tiny box with something in it which is tied to the forehead? or was it the upper arm? Do you know what I'm talking about? What are they for?
That would be tefillin.

Tefillin (Hebrew: תפלין), are two boxes containing Biblical verses and the leather straps attached to them which are used in traditional Jewish prayer. They are an essential part of morning prayer services, and are worn on a daily basis (except the Sabbath and festivals) by religious Jewish men above the age of 13 years, and by Jewish law, is not worn by Jewish women.

We are commanded to wear tefillin from the Torah.

So do you have a certain amount of prayers to be performed a day? and how are they performed?
3 Prayers a day.

Shakharite (Can pray it from Sunrise to midday) - Lasts about 40 minutes to an hour.
Minkha (Afternoon until Sundown) - About 10 minutes.
Maariv (Night time) - About 25-30 Minutes sometimes less.

On holidays we have a fourth prayer requirement added called "Musaaf". And on Yom Kippur the highest of holidays we have a fifth added.

And so I assume once they are tied they stay that way right? :? what if they come out loose again, do you have to go to the pious man to have them re-tied? sorry if it sounds silly lol
If the strings are messed up and not tied in the pattern, then they become unkosher or a word you would know they would become "not halal". Therefore, they would have to b retied.

Oh yes, another question lavikor, I noticed that the rabbi (was he a rabbi?) in your vid was reciting in a melodious manner, So I was wondering, do the jews also recite the Torah in a melodious manner and if they do , do they have recitors for it and such, like how we muslims have famous recitors of the Qur'an?
Depends what the culture of the Jewish reciter is. Arab Jews will generally, do it the way you have heard, and have been doing so long before the time Mohammad was born. European Jews who were exiled from the Middle East centuries ago when the Kingdom of Israel and Judah were attacked developed there own customs of how to read Torah. They usually do it a lot duller, part of the reason was because in Europe at that time there were no heaters, so you had to pray fast, and quick, no time to make music of it, so you would not freeze. :exhausted

Abu Zakariya
03-27-2007, 08:35 PM
I love to see how they pray in different religions. Here is a video of a prayer in a Kuwaiti mosque. This is the first chapter of the Qur'an recited. Pretty much every single Muslim in the world knows this chapter of the Qur'an, and it is recited in every single prayer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiwmxkla2f0

In this link you can find the same Imam reciting another chapter of the Qur'an, but here you have subtitles in English so you understand what is being said:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...hd+translation

Lavikor, is there any chance you'll tell us which one was you in the video? You got me curious :)

Mawaddah
03-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks for answering my questions lavikor.

3 Prayers a day.

Shakharite (Can pray it from Sunrise to midday) - Lasts about 40 minutes to an hour.
Minkha (Afternoon until Sundown) - About 10 minutes.
Maariv (Night time) - About 25-30 Minutes sometimes less.

On holidays we have a fourth prayer requirement added called "Musaaf". And on Yom Kippur the highest of holidays we have a fifth added.

I see....When you say it lasts a specific amount of time for each, does it mean that you have to keep on reciting your prayers until the time is up? Or does it include so many things to do that it takes that long :X
And how do Jews Pray?

If the strings are messed up and not tied in the pattern, then they become unkosher or a word you would know they would become "not halal". Therefore, they would have to b retied.
I see.... so if one is not able to find a pious person to tie one, then what does he do? Let's say if there's only one Jewish college student in that area..and he's religious. Will his prayers be valid if he prays without it?

Depends what the culture of the Jewish reciter is. Arab Jews will generally, do it the way you have heard, and have been doing so long before the time Mohammad was born. European Jews who were exiled from the Middle East centuries ago when the Kingdom of Israel and Judah were attacked developed there own customs of how to read Torah. They usually do it a lot duller, part of the reason was because in Europe at that time there were no heaters, so you had to pray fast, and quick, no time to make music of it, so you would not freeze. :exhausted
:lol: I found the last bit quite funny! So even the weather conditions effect the way people performed their prayers is it? How interesting. You didn't mention if the Jews have their recitors of the Torah? like do they have them recorded so people can listen whilst driving? :D

Thanks again.

lavikor201
03-27-2007, 09:13 PM
I see....When you say it lasts a specific amount of time for each, does it mean that you have to keep on reciting your prayers until the time is up? Or does it include so many things to do that it takes that long

And how do Jews Pray?
The times (example: 40 minutes) mean they usually take that long to complete. The Jewish prayers, are combinations of biblical verses, many from the verses of praise King David wrote. Sometimes combied verses that praise G-d.

The "Siddur" is the Jewish prayer book. They have all the prayers in them that you are required to recite, and then others for different occasions and praises. The Morning service on Saturday and Monday, Thursday also has a orah reading (The Torah is divided up into readings so each week we do one and we finish in one year.

I see.... so if one is not able to find a pious person to tie one, then what does he do? Let's say if there's only one Jewish college student in that area..and he's religious. Will his prayers be valid if he prays without it?
Buy another one, usually people buy them online if they live in a non-Jewish area with no pious people. Prayers are still valid if you do not recite them with the ritual objects on, but you must try your best to get the objects for the next prayer, as longas your not, not trying your best to find new ones or fix them.

I found the last bit quite funny! So even the weather conditions effect the way people performed their prayers is it? How interesting. You didn't mention if the Jews have their recitors of the Torah? like do they have them recorded so people can listen whilst driving?

Thanks again.
The laws of the Torah are really strict. For example, it is a sin to think of Torah in a bathroom.

I'm sure there are CD's for people to listen to Torah recitations like Quran ones. However, the word of G-d will not be mentioned because you cannot read the Torah and say the word of G-d unless during prayer or actual recitations in the Shul.

I cannot find many good ones since on Youtube, but I know of ones on CD's:

Here is an example of a Torah reading: (right at the end of it, so you dont see the whole thing)

REMINDER: these are european jews so there recitations are very broing and they rush through it, cause there custom developed to do that, because the reason i posted before.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq4niagVL24
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...57096657576257&

lavikor201
03-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Lavikor, is there any chance you'll tell us which one was you in the video? You got me curious
U really wanna know?

Allah-creation
03-28-2007, 01:01 AM
listen to this brothers and sisters (:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AtTzUru95do

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AtTzUru95do

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-28-2007, 01:45 AM
U really wanna know?
YEA SURE! :D lol. i promise i wont stalk you...:X

lavikor201
03-28-2007, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
YEA SURE! :D lol. i promise i wont stalk you...:X
lol. I sure hope so. What the heck here is where you can see, am in this picture but u cant see the face good anyway haha!, and I have a beard. I narrowed it down for you, but you do not know exactly who i am:statisfie .

Anyway, I need to wake my kids up, because one of them has to finish a project he did not finish last night for school. So gotta run!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-28-2007, 02:22 AM
lol, the only two i can guess is the one in the back corner in the right or left :D

rebelishaulman
03-28-2007, 02:36 AM
lol. I sure hope so. What the heck here is where you can see, am in this picture but u cant see the face good anyway haha!, and I have a beard. I narrowed it down for you, but you do not know exactly who i am:statisfie .

Anyway, I need to wake my kids up, because one of them has to finish a project he did not finish last night for school. So gotta run!
I am guessing it is back right guy who ha his hand over his facebecause he said 'but u cant see the face good anyway', and also the other guy with the beard does not look old enough to be a father, but you never know, sorry if I have the wrong one Lavikor.

Either way, if I saw you on the street I would assume you were a Muslim. :exhausted You look very Muslim, although most Arab jews do, and you all do make a majority in Israel, but not many of you all in the USA. :X

seek.learn
03-28-2007, 02:43 AM
Salaam,
Peace

This was a most interesting watch!
Thank you, lavikor201, for sharing it.

Wassalaam,
Peace

lavikor201
03-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Either way, if I saw you on the street I would assume you were a Muslim.

You look very Muslim
How do you think I have so many friends in Haifa a big Muslim-Jewish city. They love my Halal-Kosher Cafe! :-)

I hope me looking a lot like a Muslim is not an insult :exhausted

Abu Zakariya
03-28-2007, 02:27 PM
I agree, you do almost look like a Muslim especially since your yarmulke is so close to the forehead so to speak (it isn't that far back on the head as some Jews wear it).

I usually distinguish a non-Muslim with a beard from a Muslim with a beard by looking at his moustache, since Muslims are supposed to trim the moustaches.

Here's another video. This time it's a Muslim boy reciting the Qur'an:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp8FMEvuOJg

And here's another video where the muadhdhin (the man that calls the Muslims to prayer) from Mecka calls the adhan (call to prayer) on his visit to London:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IyaKVQTDXA

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-28-2007, 02:35 PM
man i luv his voice :D

arabiyyah
03-28-2007, 11:02 PM

lavi! u look like such a pious muslim already, cmon and revert already! :D Just kiddin, u do what u want.

rebelishaulman
03-29-2007, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabiyyah
lavi! u look like such a pious muslim already, cmon and revert already! :D Just kiddin, u do what u want.
I hope your joking, as I was about him looking like a Muslim. The jews of Arabia were looking like this, when the Arabians were still worshiping stones before Mohamad came around.

Allah-creation
03-29-2007, 01:37 AM
most Jews i see here in America look 100% white.

queenmuslimah
03-29-2007, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam
just curious who is Sheikh Salah Bukhatir, is he a Imam of any well-known masjid?
only about the best sheikh/quran recitor......mashallah his voice is so nice...........u should listen to him onces...u will fall in love with it

siFilam
03-29-2007, 02:55 PM
only about the best sheikh/quran recitor......mashallah his voice is so nice...........u should listen to him onces...u will fall in love with it
yeah Mashallah he is very good. but Sheikh Al-Gamadi is still #1....:D

Abu Zakariya
03-29-2007, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rebelishaulman
I hope your joking, as I was about him looking like a Muslim. The jews of Arabia were looking like this, when the Arabians were still worshiping stones before Mohamad came around.
The Arabs you refer to also looked like that.

The point is, people from that region whether they be Arabs or Jews tend to look like that.

By the way, when we're on this subject, just yesterday someone guys told me I looked like a Jew after a school mate gave me his hat so I could try it on for fun. I'm from eastern Europe so I guess they thoguht I looked like an Orthodox Ashkenazi Jew with the hat on.

Allah-creation
03-29-2007, 11:58 PM
ill be honest, i lived in saudi arabia for a longtime. i have heard many Sheikh voices there that are really good, even better then what you hear in the media. when ever u pass walk about 15houses you will fined a mousque, Every1 can walk to a masjid in saudi (: The best part is that mecca is only 30min drive away!

lavikor201
03-30-2007, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zakariya
The Arabs you refer to also looked like that.

The point is, people from that region whether they be Arabs or Jews tend to look like that.

By the way, when we're on this subject, just yesterday someone guys told me I looked like a Jew after a school mate gave me his hat so I could try it on for fun. I'm from eastern Europe so I guess they thoguht I looked like an Orthodox Ashkenazi Jew with the hat on.
The pagan Arabs grew long beards?

Philosopher
03-30-2007, 02:37 AM
There is no such thing as Judaism. It's a false dogma based on lies and is scientifically regressive.

lavikor201
03-30-2007, 03:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
There is no such thing as Judaism. It's a false dogma based on lies and is scientifically regressive.
Excuse me? I think your manners are less existent than my Judaism.

Let's start with this idea that you are an agnostic. This is a term coined by Thomas Huxley in the middle of the 19th century. It is the "doctrine that humans cannot know of the existence of anything beyond the phenomena of their experience." Bertrand Russell wrote a sort of manifesto of the agnostic in these words:
That man is the product of causes which had no prevision of the end they were achieving; that his origin, his growth, his hopes and fears, his loves and his beliefs, are but the outcome of accidental collocations of atoms; that no fire, no heroism, no intensity of thought and feeling can preserve an individual life beyond the grave; that all the labors of the ages, all the devotion, all the inspirations, all the noonday brightness of human genius, are destined to extinction in the vast death of the solar system, and that the temple of Man's achievement must inevitably be buried beneath the debris of the universe in ruins-all these things, if not beyond dispute, are yet so nearly certain, that no philosophy which rejects them can hope to stand. Only within the scaffolding of these truths, only on the firm foundation of unyielding despair can the soul's habitation henceforth be safely built.
Is that really what you believe? I guarantee that Russell himself never believed it -- because he was a champion for human rights and ethics to his last day. Neither could any human being truly believe it and continue to breath for even a moment. We are, all of us, creatures of hope. We live, we work, we marry and have children because we all believe there is purpose -- also those of us who overtly deny holding to such a belief.

As the sixth Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Yosef Yitzchak Schneersohn (1880-1950), told one self-proclaimed atheist, "We are all believers in G-d. It is just a matter of definition."

You need to come to a deeper understanding of what exactly it is that you don't believe. And more importantly, what it is that you do believe. Not through philosophy or introspection, but by simply examining the way of life towards which you are naturally moving and determining the implications of such a life. Why do you love your spouse? Why are you so concerned about your children's identity? Why do you hold this conviction that there is more meaning to life than making another buck and buying a bigger house? More than any course of study or spiritual searching, this will tell you who you are and in what you truly believe.
http://www.chabad.org/library/article.asp?AID=68831

Abu Zakariya
03-30-2007, 09:51 AM
The pagan Arabs grew long beards?
Yes. The Prophet (sall Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) told the Muslims to differ from them by trimming their moustaches.

lavikor201
04-05-2007, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zakariya
Yes. The Prophet (sall Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) told the Muslims to differ from them by trimming their moustaches.
Why the moustaches?

Abu Zakariya
04-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Why the moustaches?
Because the Pagans let the moustaches grow long, and Muslims were thus supposed to differ from them and trim them. There may also be some other reason why the moustache is to be trimmed that I don't know about, or that hasn't been told to us. In the end, we do what God has told us to do whether or not we know the reason why.
Anyways, here is one example of how the beard could be kept (as you see, the moustache doesn't reach and go beyond the lips, so to speak):

Abu Zakariya
04-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Here's the same video I posted earlier which shows you the Islamic prayer, this time with English translation:

And since most videos and recordings are from Arab Muslims reciting the Qur'an, here is a recording of how a European Muslim (from the Muslim community in the Balkans) recites the prayer:

http://www.n-um.com/?q=audio/play/225

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Wow, he's good MashaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.