PDA

View Full Version : Cannot give out rep points



Halima
07-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Salaam Brothers and sisters,

I have a problem, I would like to give out rep points, however anytime I click on the link the page goes blank and then it says "error on the page" what should i do?


Jakhallah for the help- halima
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
:sl:
If you have a pop up blocker it may be blocking the new window (rep point thingy) from appearing. See if you can deactivate / turn off the pop up blocker.
:w:
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Salaam.

I did that but it still does the same thing. I turn it off..it does the same thing/ vice versa
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
07-27-2005, 03:13 PM
ADMINS AND MODS!!!!!


Come AND HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Halima
07-27-2005, 03:19 PM
ummm Pa-leeze? :)
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
07-27-2005, 03:22 PM
I wounder what happen to the mods and admins....i haven't seen alot of them online???
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah, not alot of them are online, only muhammed, but inshallah they'll come around
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
07-27-2005, 03:28 PM
*makes a very reliable comment*


Sis i think the problem lies with ur within your computer...how comes i can give reps?

Don't take my words for it....im just trying to help innit!
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
07-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Ah there you have it! Our bro Muhammed is offline too!

Wheres the admin/mods when you need them!

Good for nothing!


hehehehe


now im just kidding....


right?

:zip:
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 03:32 PM
:sl:

Sorry for the delay :(

Sister Halima, perhaps you give us more details. Have you been receivin' this error from the start or just recently?

Also, what kinda error message is it? 404, 403 - etc.

:w:
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
07-27-2005, 03:35 PM
:omg: :omg: :omg:

Why do you have to sneak up on us like that!

You scared the life out of me!

I was planning to to say couple of things about you admins and then do a runner!

:zip:
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Salaam brother it's ok me and jannah were waiting for someone to show up! :) Alhamdulilah you came.

Ok. Well this problem has happend I guess recently, but it's not that recently. Rather anytime I click to give someone rep points a blank page just comes up and it shows nothing. I look at the script and it just says "error on the page". I don't know why. If I wanna give you or anyone rep points I can't, because the page is blank.
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
07-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Maybe your giving toooooo many reps!
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 03:42 PM
hahahaha! you think? Maybe my computer doesn't like me giving out reps :) well you know what that's ok I can only recieve them no problem with me :zip:
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
07-27-2005, 03:44 PM
I got a solution for you when kadafi fixs the problem (i hope insha allah!)...give reps only to Junnah and you won't have any problems.

Agreed sister?!


Yes we have a deal!
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Bro Kadafi I'm waiting patiently..patiently ...patiently :shade:
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
07-27-2005, 03:46 PM
And keep on been patient...Allah will reward you insha Allah!

Oh come on Kadafi! :mad:


Insha Allah khayr!



Wow wats wrong with me today...im off topic and been rude :p


I'm off!

Wa Salaam
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 03:47 PM
:sl: sis,

There are two possibilies, either you are running norton firewall or you have your browser security settings too high.

Try disabeling norton firewall and re-submitting the reputation, if that doesn't work, lower your security levels.

:w:
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey sis jannah as a matter of fact I tried to give rep points to you and my computer wouldn't even let me do that! :omg: I guess it doesn't like you either ;D


P.S- your gonna have to bear with me my computer is slllllllllllllllllllllooooooooow



BROTHER KADAFI where are you
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
07-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Oh and if you guys see Khaldun around...tell him im still waiting for my reply to my PM its been two weeks so far!!!!
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
07-27-2005, 03:49 PM
He is scared of me!
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Yes..I do have Norton firewall but how do I lower the security levels? From where do I go?
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah
Oh and if you guys see Khaldun around...tell him im still waiting for my reply to my PM its been two weeks so far!!!!
:sl: sis,

brother Khaldun is currently on holidays. He will be returning in a week or three.

:w:
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Yes..I do have Norton firewall but how do I lower the security levels? From where do I go?
:sl:

First disable norton, and see if you can give reputation, if it works, re-enable it again.
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 03:54 PM
ok..but then there are some icons on the bottom of my screen SUCH AS


1) Zone alarm

2) norton anti-virus

3) error fixer


should I disable the first two? because those are the security ads.
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 03:56 PM
:sl:

Zone alarm is also a firewall software. Try disabelling the first two, or one at a time to see which one causes these errors.

:w:
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 03:59 PM
ok I had just enabled the norton icon lemme see what happens. bear with me my computer is a bit slow..
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Darn it does the same thing
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 04:05 PM
:sl:

Did you first disable and try giving reputation?

First disable both of these firewalls, close the browser and re-launch it again. Try submitting the reputation request and see if it works.

:w:
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:09 PM
I had did that I had disabled the norton anti-virus software and i had disabled the Zone-alarm, in addition to that I had changed my Internet security level to "low" before it was medium, after I did all of that I requested to give out reputation and it still shows me a blank page. As a matter of fact right now I'm getting more pop-ups than ever..lol
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Re-launching it? I closed it it completely after I close it where do you want me to go?
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 04:11 PM
:sl: lol

Did you re-launch the browser? (close first and launch it again)
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:13 PM
lol.. what do you mean by re-launching do you want me to open up the browser again?
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 04:15 PM
:sl:

Yes , hehe
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:15 PM
ok wait. lemme try and do it.
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:18 PM
at first I got scared, because I couldn't find the icon..lol but anyways i found it. So what else.. do you want me to do it with the Zone alarm aswell?
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 04:21 PM
:sl:

Yes, sis.

Also, could you tell me if you have experiecned the same problem at UI?
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:23 PM
Salaam

what if I cannot find the icon? :-[
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Salaam

what if I cannot find the icon? :-[
:sl:

The icon for zonealarm?
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:24 PM
Yes I experienced the same problem at U.I so obviously it's from my own computer ..lol
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
:sl:

The icon for zonealarm?
Yeah
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Yeah
:sl:

You wrote a couple replies back:
ok..but then there are some icons on the bottom of my screen SUCH AS

1) Zone alarm

2) norton anti-virus

3) error fixer
So I was assumin' that you knew where the icon was.

The icon is a red-yellow icon with ZA letters.

:w:
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Salaam dear brother

Yes I did know where it was but now that I've closed it, it's completely gone, and it's like no where to be found.
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 04:35 PM
:sl:

Still no fix? Did you reboot your computer?
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:36 PM
oh yeah brother, bear with me my computer is a bit slow..lol
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
:sl:

Still no fix? Did you reboot your computer?

no I did not re-boot my computer because in the process I was dis-abling the norton-anti virus thingy..however if you would like me to I'll do that, but I don't think it'll work, because i tried that before.
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 04:40 PM
:sl:

The norton anti-virus or zonealamr, did you recently install these programs? Did modify the settings? Did you install a new program in the last few days?
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:43 PM
No sir, I had not recently installed the programs recently..it had been ages since I installed it.
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 04:48 PM
:sl:

I have run out of possible solutions. I suggest you reboot your computer again and try again.

:w:
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 04:49 PM
:sl:

ok..I wish I can give you rep points for your help but I can't ...LOL

:w:
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 05:00 PM
I did that, but it still didn't work.


BTW, do you know this software by the name of "error fixer"?
Reply

kadafi
07-27-2005, 05:06 PM
:sl:

Never heard of it 'till now. I checked their website and it seems that it's a registry cleaner.

I really do not know what causes this problem sis.

I still think that it's either one of these fire-walls but, alas, no success.

:w:
Reply

Pinkrose
07-27-2005, 09:00 PM
:sl:

I had a similar problem too!! Only mine is that i can give reps to certain ppl and some ppl i can't!! :omg: Weird!!

:w:
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 09:09 PM
LOL that's because you gave out oo many rep points
Reply

Pinkrose
07-27-2005, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
LOL that's because you gave out oo many rep points
:sl:

~lol~
Really? :D
I guess i am just generouse then!! wouldn't you say so!!? *jk*


:w:
Reply

Halima
07-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Pinkrose- you are incredibly generous- mashallah ! :applaud: :D


May allah reward you (inshallah)
Reply

NooralHaya
07-27-2005, 09:35 PM
uh... *feels stupid* what are rep points and how does one givem out ? =D
Reply

kadafi
07-28-2005, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NooralHaya
uh... *feels stupid* what are rep points and how does one givem out ? =D
:sl: sister,

The reputation system is fully explained in the Faq section

Click here to open the specific guide

:w:
Reply

Halima
07-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Salaam, Brother


Can you tell me what rep power is? because if you give me the link and if i click on it than it wil only show me a blank page. ..


Jazakhallah Brother
Reply

mmc
07-28-2005, 04:01 PM
:sl:

The Reputation system basically allows you to give feedback on users posts. If someone makes a helpful post, you can give them reputation points by clicking on the button beneath your Avatar. This will give you a popup where you can give the post negative or positive reputation, and also submit some feedback on the post.

:w:
Reply

mmc
07-28-2005, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mmc
:sl:

The Reputation system basically allows you to give feedback on users posts. If someone makes a helpful post, you can give them reputation points by clicking on the button beneath your Avatar. This will give you a popup where you can give the post negative or positive reputation, and also submit some feedback on the post.

:w:
:sl: i copied from the link that brother kadafi gave and i did not type it lolz
Reply

kadafi
07-28-2005, 04:04 PM
:sl: sister,

Jazaka'Allaahu khairun for copyin' the definition.

Sister Halima, does the problem extended to external links such as the reputation link?
Reply

Halima
07-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Salaam Brother Kadafi,


To answer your question, yes, it does. For instance, if you gave me a link it would only show a blank page.
Reply

Pinkrose
07-28-2005, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Pinkrose- you are incredibly generous- mashallah ! :applaud: :D


May allah reward you (inshallah)
:sl:

Awwwww!! Jazaakalah sis!! :D

May allah reward you too!! Inshallah!! :wilted_ro

:w:
Reply

Halima
07-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Ur back! Woohooooo! :D

I think I owe you and Kadafi and others who *attempted* to help me like 500 rep points when i get my computer fixed. shhhhshhhh it's a secret ;D

hehe
Reply

Pinkrose
07-28-2005, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Ur back! Woohooooo! :D

I think I owe you and Kadafi and others who *attempted* to help me like 500 rep points when i get my computer fixed. shhhhshhhh it's a secret ;D

hehe
:sl:

;D ;D ;D

I hope you can give out that many reps!! ~lol~

btw: Very nice way to tell a secret!! :wilted_ro ;D ;D

:w:
Reply

Halima
07-28-2005, 06:04 PM
OMG my computer is soooooooo slow. Not only can i give rep points but it's slow aswell ;D Sheesh i really gotta fix my computer..lol
Reply

Pinkrose
07-29-2005, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
Who is ? :?

:sl:

She was talking about me!! ~lol~

:w: :wilted_ro
Reply

Umm Yoosuf
07-31-2005, 09:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
:sl: sis,

brother Khaldun is currently on holidays. He will be returning in a week or three.

:w:
oh i see :-[ :p
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 07:29 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 12:19 AM
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE | British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!