/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i am in desparate need of your help

The Ruler
03-28-2007, 03:52 PM
:sl:

does anyone know how i can getback files that have already been permanently deleted?...you're probably thinking "you just said permanent deletion...woman!"...yup that's excatly what i have done to my coursework...and i need to get it back...soon :cry:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
03-28-2007, 04:00 PM
:salamext:

Have you got XP? try System Restore.

Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore.

Then set it to an earlier date inshaa Allaah. [You can also undo this so don't worry about trying it.]

PS: Remember to always email yourself your work, just incase your computer messes up.

goldberg
03-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I dont think the system restore will work, but you can always try

noodles
03-28-2007, 06:59 PM
This is what you need. Its a trial version and should be okay.

But first thing you must remember is not to use the computer after it is deleted. Because the files are still on the computers. When the files are deleted, they are still stored on the computer, but the computer recognizes it as empty space.

So any programs that you run, will overwrite this information

http://www.computerrecover.com/hard-...ecover-1N.html

Use a different computer and look up 'recovering lost files' on google. There are lots of different applications that help you do this. The one I provided above is quite popular but there are many that serve their purpose.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
03-28-2007, 08:00 PM

ok...you know when you delete a documnt from your USB...is it lost forever? i.e. not even in the Recycle Bin?

afriend
03-28-2007, 08:07 PM

Best of luck trying to restore it :hiding: it's happened to me before....I tried sys. restore, didn't work....I hope you sort something out insha'Allah.

ok...you know when you delete a documnt from your USB...is it lost forever? i.e. not even in the Recycle Bin?
Yep...it's gone forever :hiding:

The Ruler
03-28-2007, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Yep...it's gone forever :hiding:
and so it has...and thus...i shall redo mine *sigh*

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.