/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Difficulties of Being a Muslim Dad

syilla
03-29-2007, 03:38 AM
The Difficulties of Being a Muslim Dad
Don't get me wrong. I love my family--but the financial and religious responsibilities are enormous.

A Midwestern Muslim
Hesham A. Hassaballa

Surely there has to be some perks for being a Muslim father, right? Umm, no not really. In a famous tradition, a man asked the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to which of his two parents he owes the most allegiance. The Prophet replied, "Your mother" three times before mentioning "Your father." What if the man had walked away after the Prophet said "your mother" for the third time? I do not think the Prophet would have ran after him and said, "Oh, and your father, too!"

In another tradition, the Prophet told someone to take care of his ill mother because "You will find Paradise underneath her feet." No mention of Paradise being anywhere near the feet of the father. Whenever a person looks into a TV camera, they almost always say, "Hi Mom!" What about Dad? Don't I get at least a "Hey"? Sure, we have our own day in June, but we have to compete with weddings and graduations. Mothers have the month of May all to themselves and paradise underneath their feet. Hmph!

I hope you realize by now that I write this with tongue deeply in cheek. I do have many perks as a Muslim father: seeing my wife each time I come home; seeing the gleeful look on my children's faces when they see me walk through the front door after coming home from work; running to embrace my gleeful children and telling them how much I love them. Moreover, the job of a mother is leagues and fathoms harder than my job as a father. I once had to take care of my kids for a few hours, and it was extremely difficult. Mothers truly deserve to have Paradise underneath their feet.
Full article

:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NoName55
03-30-2007, 05:33 PM
In a famous tradition, a man asked the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to which of his two parents he owes the most allegiance. The Prophet replied, "Your mother" three times before mentioning "Your father." What if the man had walked away after the Prophet said "your mother" for the third time? I do not think the Prophet would have ran after him and said, "Oh, and your father, too!"
Once Hakim bin Hizam came to the Prophet of Islam (P.B.U.H) and asked: "To whom should I be kind?(who is most deserving of kindness from me?)" The Prophet (P.B.U.H) replied, "Your mother." Hakim asked, "Then to whom?" The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, "Your mother." Hakim asked, "Then to whom?" The Prophet (P.B.U.H) replied, "Your mother." Only when Hakim asked the fourth time that, "Then to whom?" the Prophet replied, "Your father."

This shows that the right of mother upon the children is three times more than the rights of father as far as kindness is concerned.

Wa-salaam

in another tradition, the Prophet told someone to take care of his ill mother because "You will find Paradise underneath her feet." No mention of Paradise being anywhere near the feet of the father.
No mention of mother's feet in my Sahih collections either!

Pk_#2
03-30-2007, 06:30 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

jazakAllah is :)

Nice one ! :D

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Camomilla
03-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SUMMAYAH
03-30-2007, 07:03 PM
I gave birth to my kids and thats about it!!!!:skeleton:

Its my husband that gets all the perks in my house!
I cant remember the last time any of the kids said...'my' mum.........

it's always MY ABBA! (dad)

There be's times when I be calling them for about half an hour, screaming at the top of my voice :enough!
....then along comes their dad and softly says...'beyta come downstairs' and wat do u know? b4 he even finishes the sentence, they all leg it down to hugging and kissing him!!!

And that look of triumph on his face! humph!!!!:enough!:

Khadijah79
04-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum warrahmutalahi wabarakatuhu

The Prophet replied, "Your mother" three times before mentioning "Your father."

That's because your mother does 100% of the up bring of the children...

Who feeds you? 'your mother'
Who dress's you? 'Your monther'
Who teaches you about Islam? 'Your monther'

And your father he brings home the money to support his family unit

"You will find Paradise underneath her feet." because the monther brings up the child on a day to day and teaches the children to respect their elders

But most of all to worship ALLAH

I'm just teaching my daughter to say "ALLAH" even before saying Mum or Dada

She is only 12 week's old and Insh'Allah teaching her to worship Allah as soon as she understands

wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.