/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why your (user)name?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

asiya45
08-05-2006, 04:03 AM
:giggling:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asyur an-Nagi
12-22-2006, 04:12 PM
i bet (is it haraam? :p) you have something behind your usernames.

i am using 'Asyur an-Nagi' since he is the hero in Naguib Mahfouz's "Harafisy/ The Harfish". sounds cool :p

and you?

(i am sorry if such thread was exist. just merge it, mods)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-22-2006, 04:21 PM
uuurmmmm wel actually i dont no why i chose muslim 4 life.. cuz its a lil obvious dat i wil b muslim 4 life lol.. but am knwn 4 it n cnt b bothad 2 change it :p

habiibti
12-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Well ma mum`s name is Habiba,and that was already taken when i signed up so i settled for this,It is a way for me to remember my mum most of the time.I kinda miss her.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ninth_Scribe
12-22-2006, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun
:sl:

well its a common question on many forums, and I was reminded of it in this forum aswell...why do you choose the name you have?
My imaginary friend chose it, lol. But seriously... it's a clever puzzle ;)

The Ninth Scribe

Pk_#2
12-22-2006, 05:24 PM
You have an imaginary friend too :o

wow!

Maarya
12-22-2006, 05:26 PM
salam,

well, mine is Maarya coz thats ma real name n i couldnt b bothered to think up a username when i joined so i just kept it as Maarya

no1_outbider
12-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Salam.I read half of the answers *Good good*

The reason why i chose my name >>>>No1_outbider id i seen one of my mates use it for his photobucket account so since then nearly all my internet accounts have this name!

4-Ever-Euphemistic reason to that is>>> im always blatant! Basically in standard english its called Euphemistic.

Sabriina
12-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Why i choose this name is beacuse i always liked the name Sabriina.Since mt mummy wasnt gonna change my name to that i named me that/

Skillganon
12-22-2006, 06:17 PM
I chose my this username because it say's it all.

"Skillganon". Actually it was random, I really don't use my real name on the interent. This username is actually after a character from a book.

Type "Skillganon" in google you will find me. I am on top of the list >> My userpage.

Curious girl2
12-22-2006, 06:47 PM
I chose mine because at the time I was wanting to learn more about Islam with a view to reverting. Now I have reverted I am considering changing it to something else but cant think what.

Suggestions on a postcard please.............

Peace CG

AmarFaisal
12-22-2006, 07:08 PM
becoz it's my real name n as many others I like to be known by it n am proud of it

England
12-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Because I'm a nationalist

Thanaa
12-22-2006, 07:43 PM
I chose mine because I liked it..I also thought it meant "thankfulness", which is true of my feelings towards Islam...However, Ive found other meanings for it-such as "praise" and "eulogy"-and that its also a mans name, so I hope I wasnt wrong about the meaning to start with, lol! :D

Skillganon
12-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Hello England.

England I thought you was a christian why did you change it to Pagan?

England
12-22-2006, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Hello England.

England I thought you was a christian why did you change it to Pagan?
I'm not a practicing Christian. You may have noticed this although I do believe in alot of the religion, Jesus etc.

Hijrah
12-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Because I plan to make hijrah from the lands of shirk and kufr when i get older insha'allah

asma2
12-29-2006, 08:21 AM
i chose my name to remeber my litte cousin asma and the came from how she was

sudais1
12-29-2006, 08:32 AM
Because I love Sudais

glo
12-29-2006, 08:51 AM
I chose my name because Jesus called us to be a light to the world.

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." (Matthew 5: 14-16)
It's also short for 'Gloria', meaning [God's] glory.

Peace

lyesh
12-29-2006, 10:30 AM
I chose it because my name is Lyesha.... and my nick name therefore is Lyesh :)

learningislam
12-29-2006, 11:22 AM
:salamex:

My username says it all.As it says i am learning islam.
I want to learn and put into practice islam......inshaAllah.

:wasalamex

SeekingOne
12-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Mine is a slight play on words.

I am one who is seeking, but I am seeking the One.

Re.TiReD
12-29-2006, 02:33 PM
nice...mines dreamer....but I wanna change it to *SelflessSoul* but the mods are takin aaaages! :cry: lol I want it that because I think it's a good quality...as opposed to selfishness :) :w:

DAWUD_adnan
12-29-2006, 02:47 PM
the name people call me by is adnan, but, my original name is dawud (man i love tha name), poeple started calling me adnan when i moved to different city while i was young, so my grand mother called me ''Adnan"", but i think, i should keep both names since my other grand mum called me''dawud'' first, as you can tell i preferre this name more, since it was my first name, i kno what it means ,... as for adnan i DONT couldnt find anything...:enough!:

ow yeah dawud is the name of a Prophet(as) , YEAH!!!!!!!!:D

:w: :thumbs_up

Miss_sara
12-29-2006, 09:46 PM
It is my name :)

M2A^AKIB^
12-30-2006, 07:47 PM
i don't know if i posted here b4, but i'll post again

i was listening to the nasheed Ya Mustafa when i was signing up for this forum! that's all.......

Jayda
12-30-2006, 07:51 PM
lol it is my nickname...

i had a very long maiden name "dona annette isabel eliot-lerdo (baronesa) de tejada" but i just called myself annette tejada... but even that is too much for american english speaker they pronounce it "tuh-jayda" even though it is "teh-hada" people just called me jayda for short...

gracias a Dios i have a much shorter name now that i am married!

we made jayda one of our girls middle names :)

glo
12-30-2006, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
lol it is my nickname...

i had a very long maiden name "dona annette isabel eliot-lerdo (baronesa) de tejada" but i just called myself annette tejada... but even that is too much for american english speaker they pronounce it "tuh-jayda" even though it is "teh-hada" people just called me jayda for short...

gracias a Dios i have a much shorter name now that i am married!

we made jayda one of our girls middle names :)
Cool, Jayda ... I always wondered where your forum name came from ... :)

umm-sulaim
12-30-2006, 07:57 PM
I like umm sulaim firstly cos of the sahaabiya (companion) may Allah be pleased with her, and i really like the meaning too 'little safe one' .It was also chosen by a close friend of mine so yup :D

(dunno if i've posted here b4 as well)

wassalaam

Warthog
12-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Cause i'm a pig.

x-muslimah91-x
12-30-2006, 10:08 PM
cos im proud to be a muslimah and i woz born in the year 91
hence the name x-muslimah91-x
the -x- thing was to jazz it up a bit lol

AvarAllahNoor
12-31-2006, 12:52 AM
I'm asked frequently what my name means as I'm a Sikh, so naturally people are curious.

Aval Allah Noor Upaa-i-aa Kudrat Kay Sabh Banday. Ayk Noor Tay Aabh Jag Upji-Aa Ka-un Bhalay Ko Manday.

First, Allah created the Light; then, by His Creative Power, He made all mortal beings. From the One Light, the entire universe welled up. So who is good, and who is bad?

It's self explantory. But referrs to all people be them Christian Hindu or Jews.

AvarAllahNoor
12-31-2006, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Warthog
Cause i'm a pig.
Lol - Well one can't argue with that. :)

Jayda
12-31-2006, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Cool, Jayda ... I always wondered where your forum name came from ... :)

:) people have been calling me jayda for so long it is like my real name...

H4RUN
12-31-2006, 11:10 AM
im sure i replied here a long time ago....ah well:D it's simple..u with me so far?
right, left, no right....it's my postmans, brothers, neighbours, milkmans, favourite shop keepers, best friends, worst enemies, uncles, cousins, nephews name...:p i think:p

Or was it because it's my name? aaaaah tis so confusing:p
:w:

limitless
12-31-2006, 06:14 PM

Limitless is my user name because of several reasons. Islam is limitless, the teachings of prophet (PBUH), Qur'an, and how Muslims practice Islam is just limitless and the deep mean it has. The country I live in, Canada, is second largest country in the world; with vast lands, which is another reason for user name being limitless. Human brain is limitless because of what humans have so far created with the help of Allah (swt) of course. If have the will and courage anything is possible to accomplish. Lastly, Muslims are limitless there is a population of muslims around the world 1.2 billions (2004) and each Muslim is unique,special and has a talent that other individual doesn't have. Also, the hereafter is limitless :) .

Those are my reasons for choosing this user name.

p.s: also I got this from a show Get Backers the "limitless fortress" :rollseyes And it is sort of relevant to my actual name's meaning.

Ninth_Scribe
12-31-2006, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah
I changed by user name twice now. First it was Fenix-Angel... i chose that because for some daft reason i thought that was cool.... then it was ~Mu'MiNaH~.... and i didn't actually choose that. I asked one of the admins to make it Mu'minah_in_training, and they said they had to temporarily change it but that's how it stuck. Anyway I started to like it so I wasn't bothered to complain.
But then I thought it was wrong to call myself a mu'minah.... so I changed it to something that I aspire to be.... the mother of a shaheed.

:wasalamex
I love it! And your location... Remembrance is what binds us all.

Blessings,

Ninth Scribe

smile
01-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I those mine
coz
you
people
are
supposed
to
smile :)

Pk_#2
01-01-2007, 07:48 PM
yay *smiles*

peacechaser
01-02-2007, 05:18 AM

bringing peace to myself and people as many as possible is my aspiration

InshaAllah:)

Pygoscelis
01-06-2007, 01:09 AM
I chose Pygoscelis because Papua Pygoscelis is the latin name for a breed of Penguin. And I think Penguins are cute.

sister_fatimah
01-06-2007, 02:43 AM

I choose sister fatimah , coz, Im ur sister and coz my name is fatimah !:statisfie :giggling:

sister_fatimah
01-06-2007, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I chose Pygoscelis because Papua Pygoscelis is the latin name for a breed of Penguin. And I think Penguins are cute.
:statisfie I love penguins , I always wanted have one !!! they r sooo cute ,I agree

BlissfullyJaded
01-06-2007, 02:54 AM

Ahh, I was wondering what your name meant Pygoscelis.

Anyways, mine means Jewel, although I didn't entirely choose it based on the meaning, but because it sounds nice and I really like this name. lol.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-06-2007, 03:33 AM
I chose my username cuz its my name...
now im thinkin about changing it. but if i do ppl will prolly not remember who i am! :X lol. plus i luv my name....:D

Naira
01-06-2007, 05:36 AM
mine is Naira coz thats ma real name

Naheezah
01-06-2007, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Naira
mine is Naira coz thats ma real name

same here! Naheezah is my real name!:statisfie

Nuseyba bintkab
01-06-2007, 11:06 AM
i chose my user names becuase Nusseyba bint kab was great islamic warrior

SUMMAYAH
01-06-2007, 12:35 PM
SUMMAYAH is a very beautiful name.

mohammed farah
03-29-2007, 04:21 AM
How did you come up with your LI Islamic Forum name, did you get it from a friend or did something inspired you to choose the name or something else just tell us how you came up with your name. I’ll start of, I choose mohammed farah because mohammed is prophet muhammed (pbuh) name and the farah is my surname.:D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-29-2007, 04:29 AM

Threads Merged..

Allah-creation
03-29-2007, 01:43 PM
becuase i am a creation from Allah(SWT).

Pk_#2
03-31-2007, 02:14 PM
erm...because i just like randon symbols $^^**^$""!¬!+)}@: ?

Woodrow
03-31-2007, 02:18 PM
I picked mine because all of the good ones were taken. Besides it actually is my first name, so if I forget it I can look on my Social Security Card.

Al-Zaara
03-31-2007, 02:23 PM
I choose mine 'cause wanted a more Islamic username (originally I was Aafreen). Now it has become even my real-life nickname. :D

Pk_#2
03-31-2007, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I picked mine because all of the good ones were taken. Besides it actually is my first name, so if I forget it I can look on my Social Security Card.
:muddlehea I'm worried about you now,

May Allah (swt) grant gramps sufficient memory. Ameen! :D

(everyone say AMEEN) he really needs his memory man ! :rollseyes

Snowflake
03-31-2007, 02:34 PM
lol@Br. Woodrow!

I can't say why I picked mine. It was an emergency situation. I am now looking to change it for something more unique :rollseyes

p.s. what's the meaning of your name@Al - Zaara sis?

Abdul-Raouf
03-31-2007, 03:02 PM
None was here with my real name....

so no problem.. for me.. i just used my real name Muzammil

None is here with my real name....

no matter what spelling u use....Im the only one with the name Muzammil

in this forum ... :statisfie

youngsister
03-31-2007, 03:16 PM
I am young
&
I am a sister.
Easy:D

noodles
03-31-2007, 03:26 PM
I posted about my story in the Welcome thread, but I suppose I can repost it here.

Noodles? You may wonder what led to pick such a silly name as noodles.

Well longstory short, I was eating noodles at the time and was in a state of frenzy and needed some questions answered. Perhaps I may have overdone the title a bit, but I guess it stuck.

If you must know, I have other accounts with somewhat of a similar title. Why? because I just happen to love noodles too much. Despite of my indian ethnicity, I love noodles like westerners love hotdogs. Give me noodles anytime of the day and I will be happy as long as they are nice smushy and edible.

Perhaps other factors must be taken into account too. Most of the time, my fridge is filled with food spicy enough to make steam comeout of your ears. Any reason? Well, being born in an indian family, I couldn't do a thing. So over the years, I had minor cases of heartburn and cholesterol problems [And major iron deficiency] so I left my beloved spices and sought a different, less painful road. I had given spagetti a try but the pasta did little to my taste bud let alone tingle. Years later, I opted to try something new that would once again give my tastebuds a taste of their own medicine. Hence I found a little fastfood oriental place. Well what do you know, I had found the food of my dreams and my mouth was drooling rivers out by the time I was done.

Anyway, I would reveal my real name but, I have security concerns and habits that I would rather not go into, so for the moment, brothers and sisters, you can call me noodles.

ژاله
03-31-2007, 03:26 PM
^lol
i chose Malaak cuz i think its beautiful:D

Al-Zaara
03-31-2007, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I can't say why I picked mine. It was an emergency situation. I am now looking to change it for something more unique :rollseyes
Think deeply about what name you choose, so we sisters can make some great nick out of it! :p

p.s. what's the meaning of your name@Al - Zaara sis?
Al-Zaara means "the Radiant one", Fatimah (radiallahu anha) was called this. :statisfie

Khayal
03-31-2007, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
:muddlehea I'm worried about you now,

May Allah (swt) grant gramps sufficient memory. Ameen! :D

(everyone say AMEEN) he really needs his memory man ! :rollseyes

InshaAllah n Aameen!!...........:blind:

( :giggling: )

Maidah
03-31-2007, 07:41 PM
Well i wasn't sure if i should put up my real name so i choose Maidah. It's the name of a surah (though not spelled the same i guess) and i wanted to name my couzin Maidah but her parents named her Abeer instead ( i have named 3 kids in my family previously:statisfie )

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 10:28 AM

Well Khadijah is not my real name I used Khadijah only becuase she was the Prophet Mohammed's صلى الله عليه وسلم

First wife and what I have read about her she also the Prophet's Mohammed first disciple.

Khadijah79
04-04-2007, 10:31 AM
so if I forget it I can look on my Social Security Card.

:laugh: Now that's a first class witty comment that made me :laugh:

AhlaamBella
04-04-2007, 10:34 AM
I wanted my username to reflect my mind and heart. :-[

------
04-04-2007, 10:37 AM
:salamext:

I like to fight in the way of Allâh with my soul, heart, mind and physically...hence, Muj4h1d4 - (Mujahida).

Tilmeez
04-04-2007, 10:43 AM
very simple if you know the meanings of my user name - Student.
:)

Yanal
06-29-2007, 03:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Assalam alaikum,

I choose my own muslim name because I am proud of it and it reminds me that I am muslim even though I live in the 'west'. :)
Asalam alkum yes my reason is also the same My Full name is ****

Re.TiReD
07-03-2007, 02:40 PM
...flawed.... I'm not perfect...need to work on perfecting ma Imaan, character etc hence the name...

IbnAbdulHakim
07-03-2007, 02:42 PM
IbnAbdulHakim - I am the son of Abdul Hakim, Alhamdulillah

BanGuLLy
07-03-2007, 02:46 PM
its my nickname or "street" name :S :)

'Abd al-Baari
07-03-2007, 02:47 PM

Abdullah - because it's my name and also it is one of Allah's favourite names along with Abdul Rahman :)

The 2907 bit was because Abdullah was already taken and i have it on my email so it makes it easier

Pk_#2
07-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Flawed iz cool

by the way isn't it bengali?

It should have been BenGully :D

sounds like a gorah name now.. 8-)

MuslimSis&proud
07-04-2007, 03:02 PM
i choose my username simply coz its what i am innit :)

MustafaMc
07-04-2007, 03:20 PM
A combination of my chosen Muslim name and the 1st 2 letters of my family name. How many Muslims do you know with a Scottish last name that begins with "Mc"?

Pk_#2
07-04-2007, 03:26 PM
None to ur question :oS

Seriously i can't think of any..

MustafaMc
07-04-2007, 03:27 PM
I wonder how many Muslims of the world are named Woodrow.

جوري
07-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Interesting thread.. I am afraid I have no good reason for choosing my SN.. perhaps I should change it to Pure Ambrosia? lol
Ambrosia has many meanings so each person may decipher what s/he may but only one of the 4 below appeals to me!...

1-A mixture of nectar and pollen prepared by worker bees and fed to larvae
2-Any of numerous chiefly North American weedy plants constituting the genus Ambrosia that produce highly allergenic pollen responsible for much hay fever and asthma
3-Fruit dessert made of oranges and bananas with shredded coconut
4-(classical mythology) the food and drink of the gods; mortals who ate it became immortal

MustafaMc
07-04-2007, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Interesting thread.. I am afraid I have no good reason for choosing my SN.. perhaps I should change it to Pure Ambrosia? lol
Ambrosia has many meanings so each person may decipher what s/he may but only one of the 4 below appeals to me!...

1-A mixture of nectar and pollen prepared by worker bees and fed to larvae
2-Any of numerous chiefly North American weedy plants constituting the genus Ambrosia that produce highly allergenic pollen responsible for much hay fever and asthma
3-Fruit dessert made of oranges and bananas with shredded coconut
4-(classical mythology) the food and drink of the gods; mortals who ate it became immortal
I like #1, but I could imagine some may like #2.

جوري
07-04-2007, 04:56 PM

I just learned there is an ambrosia custard ..
Makes Ambrosia alot less sinister =0)

jzcasejz
07-04-2007, 04:58 PM
I chose my username because it's my first name...simple.

3isha
07-04-2007, 05:04 PM
i chose my username as it;s my name and i luv my name:p

Intisar
07-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Salaama Alaykum,

Good question! I actually read this forum before deciding to join, and I went through a list of names. Ameena was the one that caught my eye, and it's my friend's and sisters name. I added Sister because well, we're all brothers and sisters in Islam.

W/Salaam

Intisar
07-04-2007, 05:31 PM
LOL..Sry, I meant Aunt's name. :D

^..sTr!vEr..^
07-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Salam!
I chose my user name 'Striver' cuz m striving in the way of Allah and trying to be a better muslim day by day [InshAllah] and facing all the difficulties that come in my way..so, thats the reason.. :)

sudais1
07-04-2007, 11:11 PM
because Im sudais :p

jannat
07-05-2007, 01:22 PM

i chose jannat , cos i hope to reach jannah one day inshallah tala. i hope we can all be there inshallah tala . jannat is the urdu word for jannah (for those who didnt know).

nebula
07-05-2007, 11:56 PM
salaam

i choose my name because nebula's are beautiful

heres a picture of a real one in space

nebula's are mentioned in the quran,

Quran (55): Surat ar Rahman

37.When the sky is torn apart, so it was (like) a red rose, like ointment
38.Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny?

How did the quran know this 1400 years ago?

SUBHANALLAH!

lipstick
07-06-2007, 12:25 PM
lipstick becuz i love make-up
i have over 40 lipsticks

^..sTr!vEr..^
07-07-2007, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lipstick
i have over 40 lipsticks
ohhh woowww!!! :D :okay:

fatima_01
07-07-2007, 10:25 PM
because its my name :p

Amat Allah
04-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Asalamo Alikom

I have seen many of the usernames in this forum and I could not understand the meanings of them...so ,please share with us and tell us the meaning of yours and why did you pick it .....:statisfie

Jazak Allah the paradise

Ameeeeeeeen

Amat Allah
04-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Amat Allah

in arabic language they call the slave woman: Amaa...

and the slave man: Abd...

so,Amat Allah means the slave of Allah...

I picked my username because I do feel it inside of me and I love to be The slave of Allah ....Amat Allah and I will be until the end of this life and after it inshaa Allah...

Jazakom Allah the paradise..

Ameeeeeeeen

Mikayeel
04-10-2008, 07:13 AM

Hamada is just the spoiled version of Hamad which is my real name. Which means praising Allah.

glo
04-10-2008, 07:34 AM
glo(w) ... because Jesus said this:

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

pauper
04-10-2008, 07:39 AM

Pauper: One who is extremely poor.

Hopefully in the heart.

guyabano
04-10-2008, 07:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
if u mean forum name well
firstly, there is already a guy called Amir on this forum (its so annoying when ppl say somthing 2 u, when OBVIOUSLY they meen the other dude :))
secondly, aamir is my real name. the saab bit i just ended as lick joke - u know like: farhansaab, osman saab, george bush saab (sorry that just came out)

if u mean real name: well, i didnt pick my real name :D - i believe it was my grandad - he rocks man :D
'Saab' is a swedish car brand, hehehe !

Azy
04-10-2008, 11:10 AM
My real name is adrian, people call me ady for short.
Despite being obviously white british, I have on more than one occassion been confused for a Pakistani, probably because that's where all my coworkers are from.
I thought I might as well swap a letter as a joke and see how many customers we could convince.

crayon
04-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Um, I like crayons..

..yeah.

Amadeus85
04-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Aaron -its the name of the baby from the movie "Lost". But its not my real name.

Umar001
04-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I had Isa Abdullah which is also my Muslim name, I chose it because that is the most important thing I have discovered in my life. A thing which has changed my life around and something which amazes me, I was going to chose other names like Khalid or Usama but there is hardly anyone I love more than Eesa son of Mary, I wish my mom was named Mary, now that'd be cool.

As for al Habeshi, I just am from the people of Habash/Habesh.

Mawaddah
04-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Mawaddah means Love.

Because Love is a good thing.

SouLda_Gal
04-10-2008, 02:28 PM
well...koz i listen 2 soulda boy loool.... juz kiddin... wel koz ima soulda and a gal simple hehehe

Amat Allah
04-10-2008, 03:10 PM
What amazing meanings ...
.................................................. ................
Hamad what a beautiful name mashaa Allah..
.................................................. .....................
glo I loved the reason which made you calling your self glo (peace and blessing of Allah be upon our beloved prophet Isa)
.................................................. .................................................. ........
Pauper you are realy rich my dear brother cause your heart is full of hope and thats the most important thing in life hope cause with it you can do anything ......
.................................................. .................................................. ........
My real name is adrian, people call me ady for short.
Despite being obviously white british, I have on more than one occassion been confused for a Pakistani, probably because that's where all my coworkers are from.
I thought I might as well swap a letter as a joke and see how many customers we could convince.
hehehehe ,,,,,,,

but what is the meaning of Adrian..?
.................................................. .................................................
crayon I love crayon too my dear sister
.................................................. ..................................................
Aaron -its the name of the baby from the movie "Lost". But its not my real name.
why did you pick it??

did you love that baby from the movie to call your self Aaron??
.................................................. .................................................. .......
Isa is a beautiful dear name to me it is the name of our dear and beloved prophet (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him)
Al_Habeshi it is amazg to be proud of the country you are belong to .....
.................................................. .................................................. .............
Mawaddah I loved your name my dear sister ...it is the meaning of life...
.................................................. .................................................. .............
Jazakom Allah the paradise

Amat Allah
04-10-2008, 03:13 PM
wel koz ima soulda and a gal simple hehehe
what is the meaning of soulda my dear sister???

Al-Zaara
04-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Selam aleykum,

format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
I think she means soldier.

Umm... This thread brought some déjà vu feelings.. I must have answered before.

Well, I chose Al-Zaara because I admire Fatima radiAllahu anha very much, mashaAllah she was amazing, and this is why I chose Al-Zaara, because it was her nickname. It means "the radiant/illuminated one" or "lady of light".
Similiary, my real name means halo/circle of light, so I found it suited me well.

Amat Allah
04-10-2008, 03:42 PM
radiAllahu anha

your username is amazing and beautiful Just like your real name my dear..

and you are halo...

may Allah reward you with paradise my dear...

Ameeeeeeeeeeen

Thank you for the meaning of soulda...

Silver
04-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Well I simply used my real name...:)

Nájlá
04-10-2008, 04:12 PM
my real name also and the 93 is when i was born 1993

TrueStranger
04-10-2008, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Clasen
Assalamu Alikum brothers and sisters, read this:

An Invitation and a Recommendation
(Regarding Revealing One's Identity on Internet Forums and Discussion Groups)
Shaykh 'Ubayd Al-Jaabiree
Source: www.sahab.net, translation for www.bakkah.net

All praise is due to Allaah, the Lord of all that exists. There is no animosity except for the oppressors. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, who is alone without partners, and He is Al-Haqq Al-Mubeen. And I further bear witness that Muhammad is His Servant and Messenger. May Allaah make high mention of him and his family and companions, and grant them security.

To proceed:

Verily I have reflected over what has taken place in the latest fitnah and the results and outcomes that have appeared amongst our youth and amongst our brothers who are holding to the manhaj of As-Salaf As-Saalih. I believe that the great amount of al-qeel wal-qaal (gossip) coming from those who do not have much knowledge or awareness of Allaah’s Deen, His Legislation, or what the Salaf were upon is a reason for the kindling of this fitnah and for the spreading of its flames, especially since the majority of these problems can be traced back to the Internet and what is said and written on it, from those whose description I have referred to.

And from the most important causes (of fitnah) is the act of hiding behind (false) names, titles, or kunyahs that hide the identity of a person.

So in an effort to resolve this problem that grows, gains momentum, and spreads day by day, verily I call on my truthful brothers to apply the hadeeth of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam):

“Whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day, then let him speak good or keep silent.” [1]

And as Ibn Seereen (may Allaah have Mercy on him) said, “Verily knowledge is Deen, so look to whom you take your Deen from.”

And this is done by making known one’s real name, for whoever wants to take part in and write in these forums, especially the Sahab Salafee forum, let him take part with us in cutting short the growth of these problems and this gossip. [2]

After looking into the benefits of posting with one’s real name, the following things come to mind at first glance:

Written by:

‘Ubayd ibn ‘Abdillaah ibn Sulaymaan Al-Jaabiree
Former professor at the Islaamic University of Al-Madeenah
1423/7/21
I did wanted to register under my real name, but it was already taken. :cry:
So what I did next was look into myself and come-up with a username that represents my present position at the moment. I really don’t think I will able to hide behind anything, since I deeply believe that Allah is the “All-Knower and the All-Hearer”. When someone wants to do something wrong, they will look at both sides, just to see if someone is there, but what they forgot to do is look up and they will surely know that their God is looking down on them.

I came into this world as a stranger, and it was time that made me a familiar one among those around me, however, to be honest “Who knows me better than My Creator”? At the end of the day I am still a stranger to those around me, and the only thing they know about me is what Allah has revealed to them about me. I see so many people who say “Oh Anisa you are this and that”, and in my mind I am like “If you only knew me”. I only conceal what Allah has concealed for me by His Mercy

So we are all truly strangers amongst ourselves and it is only Allah who truly knows us.

Hope that helps.

A salaam Aleikum

jzcasejz
04-10-2008, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SouLda_Gal
well...koz i listen 2 soulda boy loool....
:lol:

SouLda_Gal
04-14-2008, 01:58 PM
wel soulda is soldier... sorry i wrote it in slang .... soulda = soldier... and emmm wel im soldier of Allah :)

Amat Allah
04-14-2008, 02:20 PM
May Allah reward you with Al Jannah my dear Soulda_Gal ....

Ameeeeeeeeeeen :statisfie

Khayal
04-14-2008, 04:49 PM

InshaAllaah & Aameen!

My dear Sister any dua for me..:?

:D

------
04-14-2008, 04:58 PM

My username because AhLÄÄM means 'dreams' in arabic, and it sounds nice lol

GuCcI
04-15-2008, 12:45 AM
dont remember why, twas tooooo long ago. but been gucci since trust islam days

ranma1/2
04-15-2008, 01:04 AM
ranma is a anime character in japanese manga.
I think hes a good representation of Yen/Yang.
He is a malewhen he is hit with hot water and when he gets wet with cold water he turns into a female.

kwolney01
04-15-2008, 01:13 AM
just my last name...thats all nice and simple

*Behna*
04-15-2008, 01:17 AM
Ansa means girl! simple and easy.:)

truemuslim
04-15-2008, 01:22 AM
truemuslim...

True + muslim = truemuslim

simple
lol

p.s. its my name everywhere i register.. like utube and all that... except i had a "15" at the end on youtube coz it was taken

there there
04-15-2008, 01:35 AM
Mine is the title of a very good song. It has the [amazing] lyrics:

"Just because you feel it, doesn't mean it's there."

Amat Allah
04-15-2008, 02:48 PM
InshaAllaah & Aameen!

My dear Sister any dua for me..
:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

my Allah protect you my dear sister from the torment of hell and reward you with Al Jannah and make you the happiest by seeing his Magnificent face and the same for us too inshaa Allah ...

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeen

Ibn Al Aqwa
04-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Salamah bin al Akwa narrates: Then we moved returning to Medina, and halted at a place where there was a mountain between us and Banu Lihyan, who were polytheists. The Messenger of Allah ( للها ىلص
عليه وسلم ) asked God’s forgiveness for one who ascended the mountain at night to act as a scout for the Messenger of Allah ( صلى
الله عليه وسلم ) and his Companions. I ascended (that mountain) twice or thrice that night. (At last) we reached Medina. The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) sent his camels with his slave, Rabah, and I was with him. I (also) went to the pasture with the horse of Talhah along with the camels.
When the day dawned, Abd al-Rahman al-Fazari made a raid and drove away all the camels of the Messenger of Allah ( صلى الله عليه
وسلم ), and killed the man who looked after them. I said: Rabah, ride this horse, take it to Talhah b. ‘Ubaidillah and Inform the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) that the polytheists have made away with his camels. Then I stood upon a hillock and turning my face to Medina, shouted thrice: Come to our help. Then I set out in pursuit of the raiders, shooting at them with arrows and chanting poetry:
I am the son of al-Akwa’ And today is the day of defeat for the mean.
I would overtake a man from them, shoot at him an arrow that would reach his shoulder. And I would say: Take it, chanting at the same time the verse
And I am the son of al-Akwa’ And today is the day of defeat for the mean.
By God, I continued shooting at them and hamstringing their animals. Whenever a horseman turned upon me, I would come to a tree and (hid myself) sitting at its base. Then I would shoot at him and hamstring his horse. (At last) they entered a narrow mountain gorge. I ascended that mountain and held them at bay throwing stones at them. I continued to chase them in this way until I got all the camels of the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) released and no camel was left with them. They left me; then I followed them shooting at them (continually) until they dropped more than thirty mantles and thirty lances, lightening their burden. On everything they dropped, I put a mark with the help of (a piece of) stone so that the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) and his Companions might recognize them (that it was booty left by the enemy). (They went on) until they came to a narrow valley when so and so, son of Badr al-Fazari joined them. They (now) sat down to take their breakfast and I sat on the top of a tapering rock. Al-Fazari said: Who is that fellow I am seeing? They said: This fellow has harassed us. By God, he has not left us since dusk and has been (continually) shooting at us until he has snatched everything from our hands. He said: Four of you should make a dash at him (and kill him). (Accordingly), four of them ascended the mountain coming towards me. When it became possible for me to talk to them, I said: Do you recognize me? They said: No. Who are you? I said: I am Salama, son of al-Akwa’. By the Being Who has honored the countenance of Muhammad ( صلى الله عليه
وسلم ) I can kill any of you I like but none of you will be able to kill me. One of them said: I think (he is right). So they returned. I did not move from my place until I saw the horsemen of the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم ), who came riding through the trees. Lo! The foremost among them was Akhram al-Asadi.
Behind him was Abu Qatadah al-Ansari and behind him was al-Miqdad b. al-Aswad al-Kindi. I caught hold of the rein of Akhram’s horse (Seeing this). They (the raiders) fled. I said (to Akhram): Akhram, guard yourself against them until Allah’s Messenger ( صلى
الله عليه وسلم ) and his Companions join you. He said: Salama, if you believe In Allah and the Day of Judgment and (if) you know that Paradise is a reality and Hell is a reality, you should not stand between me and martyrdom. So I let him go. Akhram and Abd al-Rahman (Fazari) met in combat. Akhram hamstrung Abd al-Rahman’s horse and the latter struck him with his lance and killed him. Abd al-Rahman turned about riding Akhram’s horse. Abu Qatadah, a horseman of the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم ), met ‘Abd al-Rahman (in combat), smote him with his lance and killed him. By the Being Who honored the countenance of Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم ), I followed them running on my feet (so fast) that I couldn’t see behind me the Companions of Muhammad ( صلى الله عليه وسلم ), nor any dust raised by their horses. (I followed them) until before sunset they reached a valley which had a spring of water, which was called Dhu Qarad, so that they could have a drink, for they were thirsty. They saw me running towards them. I turned them out of the valley before they could drink a drop of its water. They left the valley and ran down a slope. I ran (behind them), overtook a man from them, shot him with an arrow through the shoulder blade and said: Take this. I am the son of al-Akwa’; and today is the day of annihilation for the people who are mean.The fellow (who was wounded) said: May his mother weep over him! Are you the Akwa’ who has been chasing us since morning? I said: Yes, O enemy of thyself, the same Akwa’. They left two horses dead tired on the hillock and I came dragging them along to the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم ). I met ‘Amir who had with him a container having milk diluted with water and a container having water. I performed ablution with the water and drank the milk. Then I came to the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) while he was at (the spring of) water from which I had driven them away. The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) had captured those camels and everything else I had captured and all the lances and mantles I had snatched from the polytheists and Bilal had slaughtered a she-camel from the camels I had seized from the people, and was roasting its liver and hump for the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم ). I said: Messenger of Allah, let me select from our people one hundred men and I will follow the marauders and I will finish them all so that nobody is left to convey the news (of their destruction to their people). (At these words of mine), the Messenger of Allah ( صلى الله
عليه وسلم ) laughed so much that his molar teeth could be seen in the light of the fire, and he said: Salama, do you think you can do this? I said: Yes, by the Being Who has honored you. He said: Now they have reached the land of Ghatafan where they are being feted. (At this time) a man from the Ghatafan came along and said: So and so slaughtered a camel for them. When they were exposing its skin, they saw dust (being raised far off). They said: They (Akwa’ and his companions) have come. So they went away fleeing. When it was morning, the Messenger of Allah ( صلى الله
عليه وسلم ) said: Our best horseman today is Abu Qatadah and our best footman today is Salama. Then he gave me two shares of the booty-the share meant for the horseman and the share meant for the footman, and combined both of them for me.

(Ahmad – Muslim)

^thats why i chose mine

------
04-15-2008, 03:09 PM

^ Shortcut version?!

Ibn Al Aqwa
04-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeh it is, theres a bit more info on him, dunno where it is on the web though...

anyway, im thinkin of a name change, to Qa'aqaa :ooh:

Wa Alaykum Salaam

Khayal
04-15-2008, 04:17 PM
:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

my Allah protect you my dear sister from the torment of hell and reward you with Al Jannah and make you the happiest by seeing his Magnificent face and the same for us too inshaa Allah ...

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeen

SsooOoo, nice of you...:)

same to you as well.

InshaAllaah & Aameen!

Muslim Woman
04-15-2008, 04:41 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

why do you choose the name you have?
I wanted to take the name bluesky ( blue is my fav colour :) ) & I used that in other forums. But here , that name was already taken :(

So , I thought of a new name & Muslim Woman came in to mind :p

SouLda_Gal
04-17-2008, 10:07 AM

awww sooo sweeeet mann....
Ameen... and May Allah reward you with Jannah aswel :) Ameen :statisfie

Lamees
10-04-2008, 07:20 PM

When I joined this forum,the thing that attracted me at most is the "Nicknames" ..

So,tell us..How did u choose your nickname?and why?:-[

**Sorry if the thread is repeated but i searched and didn't find one :D:-[

layla is here
10-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I chose my name because it is fun.

noorseeker
10-04-2008, 07:37 PM
i want to be a star in the darkness of night for people, shining brightly,

i think i mean i want to be a the best person i can be

Güven
10-04-2008, 07:39 PM
actually there was an other thread like this :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...user-name.html

Anyway i choose my username becuz its my own name lol so simple is that..:)

highway_trekker
10-04-2008, 07:50 PM
because of the way I feel?? As in a reflection of my feelings

Güven
10-04-2008, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™
Guven is your real name, bro? Quite a unique name, MashaAllah. What does it mean? :)
Thanks , yep it means >>> TRUST <<<< in turkish :statisfie

Lamees
10-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Mashallah..Mashallah..very interesting and creative nicknames:statisfie

Thanks , yep it means >>> TRUST <<<< in turkish
O really?
I thought it is a german name..Subhanallah!

Güven
10-04-2008, 08:04 PM
German???? your insulting me! lol nah just kiddin :D
no it doesnt even come close to german..

no one could pronounce my name correct on the first try , except those who are turkish :)

Re.TiReD
10-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Jolie Fleur, Pretty Flower.

Because I was sick of my old nickname.

Musaafirah
10-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Chose my username to remind myself how fickle this world is and how I should live my life in such a way that I don't get too attached to it..
And also becuase I love the idea of travelling and would love to one day travel the whole world Insha'allah
Failing that I'd love to visit all the main points of interest of Islamic History..that would be my dream come true! :D

bewildred
10-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Because I'm bewildred all the time:?

Re.TiReD
10-04-2008, 09:50 PM
My 1st ever username was Dreamer and I chose it because I was looking out the window at the time of registering :D

Periwinkle18
10-04-2008, 09:54 PM
i like the flower periwinkle so i chose it as a nickname.

S_87
10-04-2008, 09:55 PM
because i couldnt think of anything else.

Re.TiReD
10-04-2008, 10:07 PM
^ ;D

I remem seeing you online as 'Alphabetaperson'

Lol the good old days when lil mods were that browny colour

Re.TiReD
10-04-2008, 10:16 PM
I didn't have alphabetaperson when I was a mod... changed names way before that. :D
No I mean I remem seeing you as that back then, remem that screenshot Sajid bhai took? Where you was on the online list, lol.

Man I miss being Dreamer and ...FLaWeD...

FatimaAsSideqah
10-04-2008, 10:19 PM
I've changed from old nickname RighteousLady to FatimaAsSideeqah.

Reason for RighteousLady cos some people called me righteous! But it not true cos I am not perfect! :rollseyes

Fatima AsSideeqah is my real name since when I am reverted. :)

Periwinkle18
10-04-2008, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FatimaAsSideqah

Fatima AsSideeqah is my real name since when I am reverted. :)
MashAllah sis u've reverted i like ur name :)

FatimaAsSideqah
10-04-2008, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
MashAllah sis u've reverted i like ur name :)
Yep. :) Jazaak'Allah Khair.

I've reverted since when I am 17 years old. Oh my, everything is so fast time.

------
10-05-2008, 09:44 AM

Whatever my mood was at the time, then I changed it as I went along lol. [about 7 times] :-[

Nájlá
10-05-2008, 09:57 AM
because i couldnt think of anything but am gonna change mine soon.
dont know what too tho :p

------
10-05-2008, 10:08 AM

Can I just add please:

"O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor defame yourselves, nor insult one another by nicknames. Evil is the name of wickedness after faith. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed wrongdoers."
[Qur'aan, 49:11]

----------------------

Tafsir

[وَلاَ تَنَابَزُواْ بِالاٌّلْقَـبِ]

(nor insult one another by nicknames.) means, `you should not address people by nick names that people dislike.' Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Jabirah bin Ad-Dahhak said, "This Ayah was revealed about us, Banu Salamah;

(nor insult one another by nicknames.) When the Messenger of Allah migrated to Al-Madinah, every man among us had two or three nicknames. When the Prophet called a man by one of these nicknames, people would say, `O Allah's Messenger! He hates that nickname.' Then this Ayah,

(nor insult one another by nicknames.) was revealed.'' Abu Dawud also collected this Hadith. The statement of Allah the Exalted and Most Honored,

[بِئْسَ الاسْمُ الْفُسُوقُ بَعْدَ الايمَانِ]

(Evil is the name of wickedness after faith), means, the names and descriptions of wickedness are evil; meaning, `to use the nicknames that were used by the people of Jahiliyyah, after you embraced Islam and understood it,'

Source - Tafsir Ibn Kathir

-------------

So basically, nicknames are kool, but they shouldn't put the person down or insult them in any way.

May Allaah give us the tawfeeq to obey His commands, Ameen.

Cabdullahi
10-05-2008, 10:12 AM
my name is ahmed and the title 'JUNIOR' was given to me by older friends at college when we used to do many stupid stuff,

Al-Zaara
10-05-2008, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
no one could pronounce my name correct on the first try , except those who are turkish :)
I know how to pronounce it. :D

I chose Aafreen the first time I joined, why? I loved India and anything Indian, and when I searched around for something nice to have as an username I found this Indian name, which means (last time I checked): encouragement, brave.

After a time, I decided to change into something more Islamic and I then chose Al-Zaara, which is the nickname of Fatima (radiAllahu anha), the daughter of the Prophet Muhammed (salAllahu aleyhi weselam), she's one of my top 5 favourite Muslim characters and that nickname means: Lady of light, or the Radiant one. Later I realized it fitted quite well with my real name, which is Ajla and means halo, circle of light. MashaAllah. :D

------
10-05-2008, 10:23 AM

How do we pronounce it :?

Gu-ven, right? :-[

lato
10-05-2008, 10:28 AM
my nickname is lato and i like the name lato cuz it is easy to remeber and my name is lateefa and people now call me lato:-[

The Ruler
10-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Then, when I found myself spending more time here, I adjusted my ill-thought original nick to something less nerdy. :hmm:
Though Alf, nerdness does not come and go with someone's claimed-to-be 'cool' nickname.

I began life on this forum with my real name (which I don't want to disclose anymore). And then changed it to so many names that I forget. But they don't matter anymore since now I am Liúyú de Lian whose meaning I have no idea about. But I'm well known amongst the old-timer sisters and some brothers as tEh tAg (now, it's King tAg). Yah.

Al-Zaara
10-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Don't be silly Mr. B&W, you can always put the TM mark near your real name, no? Or is that taken aswell?

The Ruler
10-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Grouch, I don't claim my nick to be cool. It actually has some negative connotations lol. I wanted to change it, but my real name's taken on the forum.
Oh, and apparently I'm called a grouch too. But people know really how wonderful a person I am.

You could make it T7L87. Yah I know it looks nothing like your real name, but it somewhat looks similar and cool.

Al-Zaara
10-05-2008, 10:56 AM
What about the copyright sign then? Or some other? I think it would look utterly boring with only your name. And by the way, I think you could have your name, if you made it with an capital first letter, example: Ajla, instead of ajla. 'Cause couldn't find any of the like.

But Alpha Dude is great aswell. :D

Sahabiyaat
10-05-2008, 10:57 AM
the no. of times i have told this......:rollseyes

i was originally muslimahimprovin, when i registered i missed out the 'g' but left it like that on request of sum members lol....and then i got bored and was reading a book called Sahabiyaat (the female companions of the prophet) so thats what i changed it to :)

Sahabiyaat
10-05-2008, 10:59 AM
i am actually one of the very very old members, LI began in dec 2004 and i registered only a month later in Jan 2005 :)

Mawaddah
10-05-2008, 11:01 AM

I was originally Asilah Rana....the Asilah part was taken from my friends daughters name, I ferget what it means lol, and the Rana is supposedly of Bedouin Arab origin, meaning Queen.

Then along came Mawaddah, which means love, because love is good :D

Sahabiyaat
actually there was an other thread like this :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...user-name.html

Anyway i choose my username becuz its my own name lol so simple is that..:)

Thanks , yep it means >>> TRUST <<<< in turkish
:ooh:

i thought it was a german made up nickname :-[

The Ruler
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i am actually one of the very very old members, LI began in dec 2004 and i registered only a month later in Jan 2005 :)
What a coincidence, I was thinking the exact same thing right now. Hah.

But Alpha Dude is great aswell.
You shouldn't Alf, because whenever I google your name, it leads to my blog.

Cabdullahi
10-05-2008, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
the no. of times i have told this......:rollseyes

i was originally muslimahimprovin, when i registered i missed out the 'g' but left it like that on request of sum members lol....and then i got bored and was reading a book called Sahabiyaat (the female companions of the prophet) so thats what i changed it to :)
ohh ok so b4 u wer a muslimah that was gradually imrprovin:thumbs_up

Sahabiyaat
10-05-2008, 11:10 AM
and im still a muslimah whos improving..arent we all striving constantly...only now im raising my aspirations and striving to be like a sahabiyaat...its hard tho :(

Lamees
10-05-2008, 03:51 PM
:uuh::uuh::uuh:I've been searching for my thread lol..
now it is here:phew:phew:phew Alahmadullalah:statisfie

Gu-ven, right?
I used to help four turkish girls in learning arabic before they left to turkey..they used to say the "v" ="w"..:?

Güven
10-05-2008, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

Gu-ven, right? :-[

not an U(oe) its an Ü(uuuuu) orsomething like that, so like "Güwen" :X

------
10-05-2008, 04:05 PM

I shall still refer to you as Gu-ven, it's easier :D

Güven
10-05-2008, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lamees
:uuh::uuh::uuh:I've been searching for my thread lol..
now it is here:phew:phew:phew Alahmadullalah:statisfie

I used to help four turkish girls in learning arabic before they left to turkey..they used to say the "v" ="w"..:?
true :D

Güven
10-05-2008, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

I shall still refer to you as Gu-ven, it's easier :D
whatever yo want , is tough to explain it anyway..

Lamees
10-05-2008, 04:15 PM
true :D

Alahamdullialah that I still know little turkish:-[

Pk_#2
10-05-2008, 07:17 PM

Guvens not German!? I am so gutted! =)

Show off.

Güven
10-05-2008, 07:31 PM
omg i live in holland and im turkish so what tha hell does german to do with me ??:?
albert or heinz orsomething is german not Güven! lol

Pk_#2
10-05-2008, 07:43 PM
omg i live in holland and im turkish so what tha hell does german to do with me ??:?
albert or heinz orsomething is german not Güven! lol

Holland isn't in Germany!? No waiiiiii. You're killin' me here. =|

What the hell is Holland then? What's the capital of Germany, hah was never good at this geog stuff,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

p.s Hold in there, I gotta spread some before I give you some, *looks for Abdul Baari & khayal*

Güven
10-05-2008, 07:49 PM
OMG you live in the UK and you dont know about your "neighbours"???

that litlle country next to the north sea is HOLLAND aka The Netherlands
and that big country next to holland is GERMANY :D

But this btw waaaay offtopic :D

Lamees
10-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for this "geography lesson":raging:

just kiddin:D

Danah
10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh !!! dont remind me the username story.......:blind:
I will not say why I chose SAYA :X .............you will laugh at me I know imsad

I will change it soon in sha allah :enough!:

Lamees
10-05-2008, 07:58 PM
I will not say why I chose SAYA .............you will laugh at me I know
No we wont..tell us plz I'd really like to know..:)

Danah
10-05-2008, 08:05 PM
No we wont..tell us plz I'd really like to know..:)
imsad imsad imsad....No I know some will laugh at least
its becuase when I choose that name I thought that I will not stay long at LI, so I chose SAYA as if I will stay temporary here.........now it has been one year, I did not know that I will last all this time

but still I will not say why I choose it :cry:

Lamees
10-05-2008, 08:08 PM
but still I will not say why I chose it
As u like sis.:cry:
Tell me I wont tell anybody:D

Khayal
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM

Khayal means thought................... :)

Lamees
10-05-2008, 08:17 PM

Khayal means thought................... I selected my nick, bcz there are so many things that we can't have in reality, but atleat in my thoughts I can have all what I want...thats all...
Interesting!

Lamees
10-05-2008, 08:20 PM
well,it's my turn to talk abt my nickname:-[

I wanted to sign up as "Muslimah" but :X there are many "Muslimahs" Mashallah:D
So I chose my name "Lamees":statisfie

Musaafirah
10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
What does lamees mean if you don't mind me askin?

Lamees
10-05-2008, 08:35 PM
What does lamees mean if you don't mind me askin?
of course I don't..:statisfie

"Soft"

FatimaAsSideqah
10-05-2008, 08:39 PM
^ Nice!

Nájlá
10-05-2008, 09:43 PM
^have i told u before that i like ur name lamees? if not u know now :D
i think i'll name my daughter lamees :p

.: Jannati :.
10-05-2008, 09:44 PM

I want to be amongst the Muhsineen on Yawmul Qiyamah Insha'Allah ..

transition?
10-05-2008, 11:52 PM
I wanted to make the transition to practicing Islam. Practicing Islam is always a constant thing and because faith wears out like sleeve, sometimes you question yourself, like "transition? am I ready for that transition? ...oh yeahhhhh, I have to make that transition."

Saadet
10-06-2008, 02:39 AM
'Saadet' is my name on the ummah.com forum, so I chose it for the sake of recognition.

Initially, I chose it on ummah.com because it's my modus operandi to take my usernames from 'Islamist' political parties in Turkey, in this case, I took it from the Saadet Partisi.

I also chose it because 'saadet' means happiness in Turkish, which is a hilarious bit of sarcasm on my part, as I'm a very negative person.

Muslima Islam
10-06-2008, 03:21 AM
i choose muslima islam because my real name is not muslim it is rather a cultural name and the nickname my family and friends gave me isnt muslim either

barney
10-06-2008, 03:31 AM
Cos I like purple Dinosaurs.

Also Barney embodies the spirit of teaching, learning and hugging everything in sight, which I think is nice. If the world was to follow the ethos of Barney the Purple Dinosaur, we would have a happy, if slightly nauseating planet.
He is also an absoloutly atrocious singer, as am I.

alcurad
10-06-2008, 03:57 AM
heh, nothing fancy for me, it was someones name in some show I was watching back when I joined
I like it though...:)

Danah
10-06-2008, 05:23 AM
As u like sis.:cry:
Tell me I wont tell anybody:D
okay I will tell you ......(I will rep you :X)
but dont tell anyone :blind:

Lamees
10-06-2008, 07:33 AM
^ok :D

Lamees
10-06-2008, 07:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by najla93
^have i told u before that i like ur name lamees? if not u know now :D
i think i'll name my daughter lamees :p
O really??
I'm very very very happy to hear that:D

Lamees
10-06-2008, 07:56 AM
^u know what najla..In my college there are two lameeses only:D

cuezed
10-06-2008, 11:54 AM
my username has the initials of my wife's name and mine, cuezed cue zed as in Q Z

Lamees
10-06-2008, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cuezed
my username has the initials of my wife's name and mine, cuezed cue zed as in Q Z
Mashallah..Barak Allahu feekom:)

Pen Marks
10-06-2008, 05:49 PM
my sister was muslimah so i piked mu'minah :p

H@fiz Aziz
10-06-2008, 05:51 PM
cause im a hafiz and thats ma name

Lamees
10-06-2008, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by :: MuMiNaH ::
my sister was muslimah so i piked mu'minah :p
:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

Lamees
10-06-2008, 05:52 PM
cause im a hafiz
O really?
Mashallah:)

Nájlá
10-06-2008, 05:53 PM
^u know what najla..In my college there are two lameeses only:D
only??

lol thats enough one lamees will do :D

k i promise u that my daughter will be called lamees :-[:-[:rollseyes

Re.TiReD
10-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Because my old one was too fancy.

Now I feel dead plain :skeleton:

FatimaAsSideqah
10-06-2008, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
Because my old one was too fancy.

Now I feel dead plain :skeleton:
What is your old one? You are not dead plain! No way huni.

Re.TiReD
10-06-2008, 05:57 PM
What is your old one? You are not dead plain! No way huni.
My old one was fancy fonts, dont you remember sis? Lol

Lamees
10-06-2008, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najla93
only??

lol thats enough one lamees will do :D

k i promise u that my daughter will be called lamees :-[:-[:rollseyes
OOOOOOOO How happy I am:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

FatimaAsSideqah
10-06-2008, 05:59 PM
My old one was fancy fonts, dont you remember sis? Lol
Lol. Unfortuanetly I cant remember cos too many of members! :blind:

Re.TiReD
10-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Lol. Unfortuanetly I cant remember cos too many of members! :blind:
LoL! Koolio....no probs. It was only changed about 3 hours ago tho. Lol

K ima stop of-topicing ;D

truemuslim
10-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I can finally agree wit ma name ( i fink)

and my siggy..and avvy :p

FatimaAsSideqah
10-06-2008, 06:07 PM

wait wait! I just have noticed that your username are slightly changed. Aw why that?

Lamees
10-06-2008, 06:08 PM

:uuh::uuh::uuh: Mubarak the new look:D

Re.TiReD
10-06-2008, 06:11 PM
wait wait! I just have noticed that your username are slightly changed. Aw why that?
:uuh::uuh::uuh: Mubarak the new look:D
<_< :D

Yeah I had too...

suffiyan007
10-06-2008, 06:16 PM
simply...i think is suitable..just a username...nothing big...hahaha..
:rollseyes

_Rida_
10-19-2008, 10:56 AM
i choose my username because i love the diyas. this is what they are
http://www.mmpgh.org/events/2008/Diwali_Diya.jpg

i'm sorry i do not know how to display it

Pk_#2
10-19-2008, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Diya
i choose my username because i love the diyas. this is what they are

i'm sorry i do not know how to display it
It's ari, but you might get in trouble for posting those links,

Welcome to the forum Diya =)

IbnAbdulHakim
10-19-2008, 12:16 PM
^ wow... they look beautiful ... i want some o those!!

its like beautiful candles :ooh:

_Rida_
10-21-2008, 02:40 PM
thank you brother!! al last a brother who appreciates the beuaty!!

truemuslim
10-21-2008, 02:42 PM
i dont get it :?

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 01:01 PM
As a newbie here i am hit with some many different names some very witty.

What made you pick that name and what does it mean?

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 01:09 PM
NOOOOOOO!!

Im asking about your forum user name!!

I dont want real names!!

nebula
05-16-2009, 01:11 PM
oh okay akhi, my forum user name is basically what my forum picture is :)

Abu Sukkar
05-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Abu Sukkar= Father of Sugar

me has a very sweet tooth.

seeker-of-light
05-16-2009, 04:44 PM
when i first came to these forums, i was wanting to learn about islam. i had heard good things as well as bad things about it so i wanted to seek the truth about it. "seeker-of-light" this is why i chose my name^^

Yanal
05-16-2009, 04:49 PM
My first user name was:Yanal,which is my real name and means Allahs Gift.

And now my present user name is after the legendary Alpha Dude!

ardianto
05-16-2009, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
My first user name was:Yanal,which is my real name and means Allahs Gift.

And now my present user name is after the legendary Alpha Dude!
I just realized, you are Yanal. :)

AntiKarateKid
05-16-2009, 06:02 PM
For my username, though I do martial arts .... I hated the karatekid.

I mean you don't just up and find a random asian dude and became a super fighter like that. Its just retarded... and besides... the actor was wimpy looking :rollseyes.

Hence, were I to meet him in real life, I would have challeneged him and whooped him.

Hence I...am... the.... ANTI-KARATEKID!

Tony
05-16-2009, 06:25 PM
TKTony means TaekwonTony or Total Knockout Tony. is from TKD days but is easy to remember more than anything now

BintAbee
05-16-2009, 06:28 PM

Mine means "daughter of my father" :D ... I just thought it was interesting if someone asks you who are you and you say "I'm my father's daughter" :rollseyes lol .... yeh I dunno whether I should change it though

sister herb
05-16-2009, 06:31 PM

I am sister Harb because I am female muslim, so sister. Harb because it is my family name.

:D

So sister Harb

Khayal
05-16-2009, 06:50 PM

Jharna means water flowing through rocks in a creek, in a melodic sound. It will give you peace in your mind and you will forget all your worries..

like in the following picture..

idk
05-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Lol i didnt know what to put...so i thought ill put idontknow...then i thought nahhhh too long, lemme just do idk (=

smart init?

:P

Yanal
05-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Lol ardianto,you never knew?

PS idk how's jamils story?

Re.TiReD
05-17-2009, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
lol, (ihavntmetanybodybutimstillsad!!!!) :sl: anyway...the reason for my username... well the first forum i joined was a sort of spur of the minute thing, i just got the link via email clicked it and was ORDERED to choose a name! lol so i...being the dreamer i am...just stared out the window, thinking of a name and suddenly, it came to me!! lol and there u have it, the extremely interesting story of the origin of my username! :)

p.s. is it just me or do i sound incredibly stupid? :rollseyes
:sl: interestin thread, i think i've told u mine but i need one more post to go from limited member to...i dunno, what ever comes next. :w: :sister:
nice...mines dreamer....but I wanna change it to *SelflessSoul* but the mods are takin aaaages! :cry: lol I want it that because I think it's a good quality...as opposed to selfishness :) :w:
...flawed.... I'm not perfect...need to work on perfecting ma Imaan, character etc hence the name...
Jolie Fleur, Pretty Flower.

Because I was sick of my old nickname.
My 1st ever username was Dreamer and I chose it because I was looking out the window at the time of registering :D

Man I miss being Dreamer and ...FLaWeD...
Daym I was mad :skeleton:

piXie
05-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Daym I was mad :skeleton:
was? u r still. <_<

Faith.
05-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Well when I first joined the forum my username was xXFaithxX beacuse I wanted to increase my faith...:D

...and now im Umm 'Amaarah. I chose the username because Umm `Ammaarah who was among the few devoted followers of the Prophet sallaAllahu`alaihi wasallam who stayed to protect him when most ran away during the attack of the disbelievers in the Battle of Uhud.

Umm `Ammarah (a.k.a. Nusaybah/Naseebah bint Kaab) shielded the Prophet Salla Allahu `alaihi wasallam with her body, using her sword and her bows and arrows. She attacked Qaniah who got within striking distance of the Prophet sallaAllahu`alaihi wasallam. She was wounded deeply on her shoulder and continued to fight but because Qaniah was well-protected, she could not make a dent on his armor. Umm `Ammarah also fought against Mussailamah Kaththab and she suffered a dozen wounds and lost an arm.

Great Woman:thumbs_up

Abu Sukkar
05-17-2009, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Amaarah
Well when I first joined the forum my username was xXFaithxX beacuse I wanted to increase my faith...:D

...and now im Umm 'Amaarah. I chose the username because Umm `Ammaarah who was among the few devoted followers of the Prophet sallaAllahu`alaihi wasallam who stayed to protect him when most ran away during the attack of the disbelievers in the Battle of Uhud.

Umm `Ammarah (a.k.a. Nusaybah/Naseebah bint Kaab) shielded the Prophet Salla Allahu `alaihi wasallam with her body, using her sword and her bows and arrows. She attacked Qaniah who got within striking distance of the Prophet sallaAllahu`alaihi wasallam. She was wounded deeply on her shoulder and continued to fight but because Qaniah was well-protected, she could not make a dent on his armor. Umm `Ammarah also fought against Mussailamah Kaththab and she suffered a dozen wounds and lost an arm.

Great Woman:thumbs_up

Walahi i have loved that name for so long. Inshallah im going to name my daugher Nasibah so i can call her Umm Amarah.

The more you learn about Umm Amarah the more you sit in awe of her.
The way The Prophet(saw) pointed out the kafir who harmed her son and she cut through his legs like they were butter.

Never mess with a mum!!

Faith.
05-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Yeah she was an extroadanary women of her time, and also a good role model to look up to.:thumbs_up

Re.TiReD
05-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Dreamer, *UmmQalam*, *SelflessSoul*, JihadunNafs, ...FLaWeD..., ...54M4K4H..., ...Butterfly..., JolieFleur, Amatul Wadud, Inaayah, Hafsah

I probably got them in the wrong order...And I dont know if I've missed any but there you go =)

P.S I was going to type something else before but it came out wrong

Yanal
05-17-2009, 09:18 PM
May your daughter have the best imaan of any kid bro Abu Sukkar.

PS why type edit?

Abu Sukkar
05-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Maybe after the amount of times the sister has changed her name thats what she thinking of changing it to next!!

Jazakallah khair for your dua bro.

Yanal
05-17-2009, 09:29 PM
I have only had three names wait four....
My first name:Yanal kept that until I felt to change
Then I changed it to Al-Canal for some reason because my best friend Al Habeshi told me something that made me change it.
Then Islamic bro and now Alpha Jr.

Amadeus85
05-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Maybe I shouldnt say this but as I remember well a few of muslim members here (like Osman, North Malaysian, Skye,Woodrow, Prince, Dawud UK and others) I completely dont recognize those of you who have arabic names...:(

Yanal
05-17-2009, 09:48 PM
So you mean you didn't recognize those names as Arabic?

If so brother Woodrows username is was his name before he was a muslim so it is not Arabic.

Amadeus85
05-17-2009, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
So you mean you didn't recognize those names as Arabic?

If so brother Woodrows username is was his name before he was a muslim so it is not Arabic.
No no, I know and remember well those "western" names like Osman, John Smith, or Rambo etc :p, but as I completely havent got contact with arabic, names in this language (for example Syeed Ahmed Jamall Mammud) sound same for me. :-[

Yanal
05-17-2009, 09:55 PM
Ok but some names might be Farseeh...you never know.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.