/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why your (user)name?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Mujahidah4Allah
05-18-2009, 06:47 PM
:sl:

has anyone ever looked back at what they wrote and thought 'o sugar! why did i write that?' ... Sis Hafsa haha at least we know... i used to be hyper~gal now Mujahidah4Allah well were all striving in the way of Allah Ta'ala

wa/salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
whitemuslimah
05-19-2009, 05:09 AM
i've chosen it to say that i am a revert more than anything as majority of born muslims are not white. but then some people made me realise that it has a racist element to it, so i wanted to change it numerous times, contacted mods but without success.

saba muslimah
05-19-2009, 05:48 AM
i am using my own Name ...it means Morning breeze,, well & alhumdolilah am muslimah... so this forum first time i used Muslimah.. M proud to be muslimah:thumbs_up

HopeFul
05-19-2009, 06:01 AM
Assalamoalaikum, well I chose HopeFul because I am full of hope in my life, and hope that the forum will help to boost my faith, inshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
05-06-2016, 09:11 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

Ok, I know I have unearthed an ancient thread. I was going to ask this question, did a quick search, and saw there was already a thread on it. So:

:bump2:

Hamza :)
05-06-2016, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Assalamu alaykum,

Ok, I know I have unearthed an ancient thread. I was going to ask this question, did a quick search, and saw there was already a thread on it. So:

:bump2:
:wa:

So, why did you choose this username?

noraina
05-06-2016, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
So, why did you choose this username?
It isn't a particularly interesting story lol, Noraina isn't my real name, I chose it because I have always liked names which are related to 'light' (noor, noura, naureen) and I ayat an-nur is one of my favourite ayahs of the Qur'an, so it seemed the perfect match.

The whole idea of 'light' both spiritual and physical I find so beautiful. I actually quite like it :D I won't be changing it any time soon.

And you, bro?

Hamza :)
05-06-2016, 09:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
It isn't a particularly interesting story lol, Noraina isn't my real name, I chose it because I have always liked names which are related to 'light' (noor, noura, naureen) and I ayat an-nur is one of my favourite ayahs of the Qur'an, so it seemed the perfect match.

The whole idea of 'light' both spiritual and physical I find so beautiful. I actually quite like it :D I won't be changing it any time soon.

And you, bro?
mashaAllah

well i was on another forum and when i joined ib i signed up with the same username so people may recognise me. But then I thought I should change it to my real name cos I like it so much lol

~ Sabr ~
05-06-2016, 10:23 AM
:salamext:

Because I have faces many many MANY situations where I lost hope in life :exhausted, but Allaah gave me Sabr...Alhamdulillaah...and I came out of the situations with a stronger Imaan than before...Alhamdulillaah

Serinity
05-06-2016, 10:27 AM
:salam:

Serinity? Idk, I actually know how it is spelled "serenity" but it was chosen, I think, so I took "serinity",why? Idk..I just did.

ardianto
05-06-2016, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

Serinity? Idk, I actually know how it is spelled "serenity" but it was chosen, I think, so I took "serinity",why? Idk..I just did.
:wasalamex

I just realize that username is "Serinity". I often read your username, but my brain always spell it as "Serenity".

sister herb
05-06-2016, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:wasalamex

I just realize that username is "Serinity". I often read your username, but my brain always spell it as "Serenity".
Ooops same here. That´s why I always think you are a sister as I think that Serenity is female name and have to check it again and again. Sorry brother for this... :nervous:

strivingobserver98
05-06-2016, 03:42 PM

I chose it because it's my real life name :D. Nice and simple. Plus it gives a personal touch.

Short meaning of Farhan Happiness, Laughter, Joy and Delight

Farhan is an indirect Quranic name for boys that means “happy”, “joyous”, “rejoicing”. It is derived from the F-R-H6 root which is used in many places in the Quran.

He it is Who makes you travel by land and sea; until when you are in the ships, and they sail on with them in a pleasant breeze, and they rejoice… (Quran 10:22)
Source

If I had something like "BeardedFury" Or "TheLastAvenger" wouldn't seem appropriate for an admin :hiding:.

Bhabha
05-06-2016, 05:24 PM
A good political writer I was reading at the moment lol

sister herb
05-06-2016, 06:20 PM
My user name... well I have a herb garden and I am a sister.

hisnameiszzz
05-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Well my user name was going to be His Name Is followed by my name but I was so tired when I joined this website because of the people that live next door and their constant noise.

I am happy with my name because nothing has change. They are still like wild beasts and I am still very tired. Lol.

strivingobserver98
05-06-2016, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
A good political writer I was reading at the moment lol
By the way, "Baba" is what bengali kids call their father :D.

Bhabha
05-06-2016, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
By the way, "Baba" is what bengali kids call their father :D.
[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Here I thought it was a feminine name lol

noraina
05-06-2016, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
By the way, "Baba" is what bengali kids call their father
Afghani kids too :D I call my father 'Baba', I thought you was a brother at first, sorry sis @Bhabha .

lonewolf007
05-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Hmm well I guess it's who I am and instead of loner I thought lonewolf suited me more as I think wolves are awesome :D

although lions are my fave.

MorbidEntree
05-13-2016, 07:50 PM
I use this username across all my online accounts. It came from when I got my Gamertag on my Xbox and it randomly generated one for me. I liked the one it gave me, so I kept it and used it as my universal username.

drac16
05-13-2016, 08:04 PM
My skin is pale and I don't like sunlight, so my mom has, jokingly, called me a vampire; that's why I used to go by 'dracula'. I wanted to change it, so I shortened it to 'drac'. The 16 comes from the day I was born; I was born on November 16th.

Kiro
05-13-2016, 08:30 PM
Because why not?

@concealed gem why was my post liked?

Umm Abed
05-13-2016, 08:36 PM
I liked the name Abed, inspired by nasheed reciter Abu Abed;).

darullemon
06-13-2016, 06:57 PM
cuz I like to keep it fresh and real. you know what I'm sayin!

EgyptPrincess
06-13-2016, 07:11 PM
Because I'm half Egyptian and I'm a pretty like a princess ;) Yes I'm vain, get over it :p

darullemon
06-13-2016, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
Because I'm half Egyptian and I'm a pretty like a princess ;) Yes I'm vain, get over it :p

Shouldn't you be Half Egyptian Princess and half Pauper then?

EgyptPrincess
06-13-2016, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darullemon
Shouldn't you be Half Egyptian Princess and half Pauper then?
I'm not a pauper :embarrass

darullemon
06-13-2016, 07:44 PM
I'm not a pauper :embarrass

what's the other half..cheetah?

EgyptPrincess
06-13-2016, 07:58 PM
what's the other half..cheetah?
I don't get what you mean! :facepalm:

darullemon
06-13-2016, 08:01 PM
I don't get what you mean! :facepalm:

Your Avatar/Profile Pic is cheetah -_-

EgyptPrincess
06-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Your Avatar/Profile Pic is cheetah -_-
I love them they're gorgeous animals :statisfie

Why did you think I am a pauper? Alhamdulillah for everything I do have :)

darullemon
06-13-2016, 08:07 PM
I love them they're gorgeous animals :statisfie

Why did you think I am a pauper? Alhamdulillah for everything I do have :)

Ah man this is getting old. I said Half Pauper cuz you said you were half princess.

EgyptPrincess
06-13-2016, 08:11 PM
Ah man this is getting old. I said Half Pauper cuz you said you were half princess.
^o) Why would that even enter your thought though? Are you implying that Egyptian princesses are paupers?

Sorry this must be some kind of humour / sarcasm I'm not familiar with.

'abd al-hakeem
06-13-2016, 08:12 PM
...aren't we all?

anatolian
06-13-2016, 08:13 PM
I like Anatolia not just because my country is on this peninsula but also this small region is full of beauty in geography and wisdom in history...

Scimitar
06-13-2016, 08:13 PM
well, my name is - Timi Scar

chikichiki slim shady while retards be from a bunch of Brady, and the girls ain't no ladies, and their fairy godmothers are deluded and crazy - no father but they got babies, they must be so hazy, thinking every prince is a Patrick bloody swayze :D

darullemon
06-13-2016, 08:15 PM
^o) Why would that even enter your thought though? Are you implying that Egyptian princesses are paupers?

yes it was but its wasted now. I am going home. Salaam

anatolian
06-13-2016, 08:16 PM

Your user name is EgyptPrincess and you said you are half Egyptian therefore he thought that you are half princes and guess your other half is pauper and curious of your other half which is not Egyptian :)

T L
06-13-2016, 08:19 PM
erucysae, didnt really give it much thought. easycure backwards. Throw it on the wall and see what sticks. Sounds good to me

EgyptPrincess
06-13-2016, 08:31 PM
yes it was but its wasted now. I am going home. Salaam
Sorry I'm pretty stupid and sometimes don't get what people mean :heated:

*charisma*
06-13-2016, 08:57 PM

:D There's a famous old story called "The Prince and the Pauper." That's what he's referring to.

format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
I like Anatolia not just because my country is on this peninsula but also this small region is full of beauty in geography and wisdom in history...
I'm in love with turkey. Please please make a post in the travel section and fill it with pictures about your city. I go to Turkey often and hoping to learn how to speak so I can talk to the wonderful people there. They try to talk to me and I have no idea what they say ;D A sweet old lady once pinched my cheeks randomly..she made me feel like I was the cutest thing around :statisfie

Cpt.America
06-13-2016, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
@concealed gem why was my post liked?
Because, why not?

AbdurRahman.
06-13-2016, 09:57 PM
I chose the name Abdullah as i'm a slave of Allah; that name was taken, so I chose another one of Allah's name :)

SHO
07-11-2016, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

well its a common question on many forums, and I was reminded of it in this forum aswell...why do you choose the name you have?
Wa'AlaykumusSalaam Wa Rahmathu-lLah.

My user name is my new pen-name.
S.H.O
Just Three meaningless letters.(I haven't given any meanings or fullforms for it.So pls no need to invent anything! :P )HaHaHa.;D

I use a pen name so that I am not identified by my friends who see my posts on FB or anywhere. :facepalm:
My posts usually end like this:

Salaam
-S.H.O

shadiya
12-19-2016, 05:26 PM
I don't know why my name is choosen as sadiya, this is given by someone else rather than my parents

Muhammad1985
12-29-2016, 03:21 PM
Name and yr I was born

Akeyi
01-01-2017, 01:11 PM
I changed my picture so What i wrote is half rubbish so i delete it

greenhill
01-01-2017, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
My user name... well I have a herb garden and I am a sister.

and you prepare scrumptious looking meals .. perhaps you should be called tastysisterherb! ha ha ha ….. and if my memory serves me right, you are a black belt karate do too! Spicyyyyyyy!!!!!!

I really thought I had answered a similar question as this in another thread in the past, but I haven't in this. Mine is just the area around where I live. The picture shows not the hills…

Yes, I have always been curious about the serenity,serinity thing! Never really registered that it might be two different people. :o

:peace:

azc
01-01-2017, 03:41 PM
All of us masquerade as the best people on the planet, hiding ourselves behind the curtain of the keyboard

hisnameiszzz
01-01-2017, 06:29 PM
HISNAMEIS because I am a man.

ZZZ because I desperately wanted sleep when I joined and still desperately need sleep. Unfortunately, I have escapees from hell next door and they don't allow us to sleep. *sad and tired face*

Al Sultan
01-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Al sultan, because my name is Sultan, and it's a title too, If you're good in Arabic, you would understand what does the title mean, and I fit the definition of that title. [emoji6]

Abu Musab
01-02-2017, 04:50 PM
Abu Mus'ab is my kunyah.

Akeyi
01-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Noone gonna read all thos epages go show

Butterfly
03-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Butterfly... because the life cycle of a butterfly goes through changes to finally become something beautiful and admirable. Gives me hope that my struggles and changes will lead to a beautiful and bright future, inshaAllah

AbdurRahman.
03-04-2017, 09:57 PM
i just came up with my user spontaneously' i am 'Abdullah' [slave of ALlah]; that name was taken, so i added Aziz! :)

AbdurRahman.
03-04-2017, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
Butterfly... because the life cycle of a butterfly goes through changes to finally become something beautiful and admirable. Gives me hope that my struggles and changes will lead to a beautiful and bright future, inshaAllah
MaashALlah maybe i can take a lesson from your deep thinking rather than spotaneousism!:Emoji47:

Butterfly
03-04-2017, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
MaashALlah maybe i can take a lesson from your deep thinking rather than spotaneousism!:Emoji47:
What is more beautiful than being a dedicated and humble slave of Allah swt? Your thinking is awesome, mashaAllah

Indefinable
03-05-2017, 12:34 AM
Indefinable - no deep thinking involved in my username.

Simple_Person
03-05-2017, 04:50 AM
If i compare myself to every human being that has lived since Adam(as) to the last soul to enter a human body before the Day of Judgement, i am just a Simple_Person.

Juwairiyah M.
03-13-2017, 11:59 AM
I used my real name, and the initial is my surname. No deep meaning, really. I just really like my name, especially when someone mispronounces it and we start up a conversation :D

Butterfly
03-14-2017, 12:57 AM
Juwairiyah, I :love: the way your name is spelled.

Juwairiyah M.
03-14-2017, 09:17 AM
Juwairiyah, I :love: the way your name is spelled.
Shukran to my parents for that <3

I love butterflies <3

Simple_Person
03-14-2017, 09:23 AM
Dedicated to sister @Butterfly :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWgSgMGxOc

ardianto
03-14-2017, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Juwairiyah M.
I used my real name, and the initial is my surname. No deep meaning, really. I just really like my name, especially when someone mispronounces it and we start up a conversation :D
I just realize that your name is Juwairiyah. I thought that's Juwariyah, like name of few women who I know in my place.

sister herb
03-14-2017, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Wow that part when a caterpillar changes as chrysalis. Amazing!

Simple_Person
03-14-2017, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Wow that part when a caterpillar changes as chrysalis. Amazing!
A saw once a Christian video that was attacking evolution theory. They brought up the caterpillar and butterfly. He said, this doesn't take millions of years to evolve in different specie..but rather 2 weeks or so.. It was a good point i must say XD. From a thing that has no wins or body shape ..but some fat worm..to a thin creature with wings.

Blueflame
03-15-2017, 05:20 PM
I like blue flames
Attachment 6059
See^

So cooooooool

M.I.A.
03-15-2017, 06:06 PM
mines my initials.. got three names all posh like.

..and i also been lost for days.

Finding MEMO
03-15-2017, 06:21 PM
Wa Alaikum Assalam JELLO
You can get halal jelly it's not haram!

Butterfly
03-15-2017, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Juwairiyah M.
Shukran to my parents for that <3

I love butterflies <3
Me too!:wub:

Butterfly
03-15-2017, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=Simple_Person;2953430]Dedicated to sister

This was really neat to watch! SubhanAllah how Allah designed this universe and all the things it encompasses.

al-Andalusi
03-16-2017, 04:30 AM
I'm Mexican, with Spanish background; so it's a bit of a harkening back to the days of Islam in Spain

Simple_Person
03-16-2017, 08:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-Andalusi
I'm Mexican, with Spanish background; so it's a bit of a harkening back to the days of Islam in Spain
Brother what i always wondered about is, (1) do the descendants of the Maya's, Inca's and Aztecs still have somehow their original language? Or has it been completely wiped out by Spanish?

I am only aware of Santa Muerte as a adoption from their ancestral religion. (2) Or are there also other kind of "cultural"-habits that can be associated with their ancestors?

Scottish Celt
03-16-2017, 07:42 PM
I am Scottish & support Celtic F.C.

Simple_Person
03-16-2017, 07:51 PM
Hahah the people I see here from all over the world are as if I am seeing a library :). Reading a piece of text by somebody is one thing but asking somebody from a the background it self is priceless..."support hotline" ;D

Simple_Person
03-16-2017, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scottish Celt
I am Scottish & support Celtic F.C.
Brother, is there any blood relation between the Scots ..the English etc..or is the only difference between them in the history being different tribes?

Scottish Celt
03-16-2017, 08:00 PM
Brother, is there any blood relation between the Scots ..the English etc..or is the only difference between them in the history being different tribes?
Cornwall or ''Kernow'' in gaelic claims to be Celts,which is in England but yer main Celtic nations are Scotland,Ireland & Wales which I suppose where tribes

Simple_Person
03-17-2017, 03:26 AM
Cornwall or ''Kernow'' in gaelic claims to be Celts,which is in England but yer main Celtic nations are Scotland,Ireland & Wales which I suppose where tribes
So where do they all originate from as I ASSUME that they not all already have been there?

al-Andalusi
03-17-2017, 06:45 AM
Brother what i always wondered about is, (1) do the descendants of the Maya's, Inca's and Aztecs still have somehow their original language? Or has it been completely wiped out by Spanish?

I am only aware of Santa Muerte as a adoption from their ancestral religion. (2) Or are there also other kind of "cultural"-habits that can be associated with their ancestors?
Indeed, many languages of the pre-Columbian indigenous people still exist! Nahuatl, the language of the Aztecs is still spoken by 1.7 million people as their first language; The Mayan languages collectively have about 6 million speakers, and Quechua, the language of the Inca is spoken by 8.9 million. Other smaller languages also still exist in Latin America like Mapuche and Guarani. I speak a bit of Nahuatl myself, but not much.

As for other behaviors, well, much of our culture has significant influence by the pre-Columbian peoples. The foods we eat are heavily influenced by Native traditions, as well as things like our traditional clothing and textiles. Things like Dia de Muertos/Day of the Dead have roots in the religion of the Aztecs.

al-Andalusi
03-17-2017, 06:52 AM
So where do they all originate from as I ASSUME that they not all already have been there?
Celtic peoples actually most likely originate from the area that is now Switzerland and Austria

What's interesting is that The ancestors of the Welsh, Cornish and Bretons probably originated in Belgium, while the Ancestors of the Gaels possibly originated in the borderlands of Spain and France. This is conjectured mostly from linguistic and literary evidence, as the Celts of ancient Belgium spoke a language with striking similarities to Old British, while the languages of the Celts in Spain show similarities to Primitive Irish

Simple_Person
03-17-2017, 07:18 AM
Indeed, many languages of the pre-Columbian indigenous people still exist! Nahuatl, the language of the Aztecs is still spoken by 1.7 million people as their first language; The Mayan languages collectively have about 6 million speakers, and Quechua, the language of the Inca is spoken by 8.9 million. Other smaller languages also still exist in Latin America like Mapuche and Guarani. I speak a bit of Nahuatl myself, but not much.

As for other behaviors, well, much of our culture has significant influence by the pre-Columbian peoples. The foods we eat are heavily influenced by Native traditions, as well as things like our traditional clothing and textiles. Things like Dia de Muertos/Day of the Dead have roots in the religion of the Aztecs.
Jazakallahu khairan, that was a very useful comment containing much information. All i read and see on documentaries they talk about Maya's, Inca's and Aztecs in the past about sacrifice and in that sense, but they say nothing about the modern day decedents or other things. Just recently for the FIRST time i heard about chinampa's and i was very impressed as this is very valuable and smart way of farming.

Are those languages also thought in schools or is only thought by the parents?

al-Andalusi
03-17-2017, 07:32 AM
Jazakallahu khairan, that was a very useful comment containing much information. All i read and see on documentaries they talk about Maya's, Inca's and Aztecs in the past about sacrifice and in that sense, but they say nothing about the modern day decedents or other things. Just recently for the FIRST time i heard about chinampa's and i was very impressed as this is very valuable and smart way of farming.

Are those languages also thought in schools or is only thought by the parents?
To my knowledge, they are not used as mediums of education or really promoted by schools. There's still a great stigma in using these languages, as they're seen as being backwards and for uneducated farmers

Simple_Person
03-17-2017, 07:50 AM
To my knowledge, they are not used as mediums of education or really promoted by schools. There's still a great stigma in using these languages, as they're seen as being backwards and for uneducated farmers
Another piece of arrogance thought to the people, while all languages are blessings from Allah(swt).

Scottish Celt
03-17-2017, 01:49 PM
They originate from central Europe,al-Andalusi has summed it up perfectly,..Although I am Scottish which is a Celt nation I'm probably the least looking Scottish person LOL,...The Celt in my username is after the football club who I support who are based in Glasgow

You may have heard of this club it made quite a big headline here in the UK the supporters of Celtic FC played a Israeli team last year,and our support showed solidarity with Palestine waving big flags,banner etc showing support for the people of Palestine

Simple_Person
03-17-2017, 02:16 PM
They originate from central Europe,al-Andalusi has summed it up perfectly,..Although I am Scottish which is a Celt nation I'm probably the least looking Scottish person LOL,...The Celt in my username is after the football club who I support who are based in Glasgow

You may have heard of this club it made quite a big headline here in the UK the supporters of Celtic FC played a Israeli team last year,and our support showed solidarity with Palestine waving big flags,banner etc showing support for the people of Palestine
To be honest i do not follow football at all anymore. Already for like 4-5 years. I am you could call one of those buzzkills ;D. To give you an example, i have myself a cousin he is such a huge football fan. He almost watches all the games. I say..can you tell me the second el clasico of 2006. Do you remember who scored and in which minutes. Who won during that match? Off course he doesn't know. So i say..to him..this is it with all the football. You watch a game you follow every one of those games for what? What benefit have you gotten from it? Cheering for a team..that you will already forget their games they played ;D. Or people who are such a huge Messi fan or other football star. I ask them does he also cheer for you? ;D..because you are such a fan of him..but he doesn't even know you exist.

Sorry, brother for turning on the buzzkill mode of mine. (CLICK). Turned it off again.

Everybody spent his/her time on the things he/she finds enjoyable :). As you might not like what i do in my free time. Live and let live. :D. Thank you for confirming what al-Andalusi has said.

Butterfly
03-21-2017, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Finding MEMO
Wa Alaikum Assalam JELLO
You can get halal jelly it's not haram!
Huh? Where's the jello?? [emoji7]

Finding MEMO
03-21-2017, 11:29 AM
Huh? Where's the jello?? [emoji7]
Replied to a old post lol

Butterfly
03-21-2017, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Finding MEMO
Replied to a old post lol
Ohhh lol. Now you got me craving jello.

adntbng
05-10-2017, 11:36 PM
Adntbng is my name. And I'm proud of the meaning; Hope It Can Be A Flower of The Religion [emoji4] amin, Masya Allah

Kawlah
10-06-2017, 12:51 PM
I chose the name Kawlah as my revert name because my life has been a difficult struggle and she inspires me to keep fighting.

http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/...t_al-azwar.php

"Khawlah became a legend during her life and remains a legend till this day. She set an example to men and women alike that one should fight for what he or she believes in, and never accept defeat.''

happymuslim
10-06-2017, 02:40 PM
Cuz I’m a girl and I’m Muslim hence muslimah and I am happy being a Muslimah

Omar IL
11-04-2017, 11:47 AM
A-Salamo alaikom

It's the Name of Umar Ibn-Alkhattab <3

RisingLight
11-05-2017, 12:01 AM
Because everything that was beautiful or gave me hopes in my life is gone.I only have Allah,but I dont know if He still wants to have me (in the circle of people,who He helps/protects) so even this hope is dying... thats why DyingLight,dying hopes :)

Sakina'141
11-05-2017, 01:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DyingLight
Because everything that was beautiful or gave me hopes in my life is gone.I only have Allah,but I dont know if He still wants to have me (in the circle of people,who He helps/protects) so even this hope is dying... thats why DyingLight,dying hopes :)

:) So Do Not lose Hope, nor be sad brother

RisingLight
11-05-2017, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sakina'141

:) So Do Not lose Hope, nor be sad brother

Thank you so much for these brother.May Allah brighten your days.But,that is the thing,I know Allah can do all these things,and still my condition doesnt get better,so sometimes I think,what if it is destined to be always like this.I cant do anything to go near Him,so I dont know if He loves me or not.Its been 6 years,I mean,am really exhausted and shaytan takes advantage of this.Anyway,thank you so much again.I will send you the link to my story if you are curious,and maybe you can make a duaa if you read it.Its interesing :P

Sakina'141
11-05-2017, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DyingLight
Thank you so much for these brother.May Allah brighten your days.But,that is the thing,I know Allah can do all these things,and still my condition doesnt get better,so sometimes I think,what if it is destined to be always like this.I cant do anything to go near Him,so I dont know if He loves me or not.Its been 6 years,I mean,am really exhausted and shaytan takes advantage of this.Anyway,thank you so much again.I will send you the link to my story if you are curious,and maybe you can make a duaa if you read it.Its interesing :P
Walaikum Assalaam wr wb brother,

I have read your story and I can see you are very young and struggling to live the islamic life you picture in your head in a non-muslim household/land. Many young muslims go through this struggle during University or college years and it is difficult for practicing muslims. You are feeling suffocated and want to run away and thinking your solution is running away. But may be that is not what you need or what is good for you and Allah knows best.

It seems you are feeling very negative about your situation and life. But Life could be far worse - your family could have not accepted you back and you could have been homeless. Focus on the blessings, say Alhamdulillah I have a home to live in, food, water, warmth etc. Your family may not be muslim but Alhamdulillah you can live your life as a muslim in their house. Be grateful and also patient during these struggles. I know it is difficult.

It is good to focus on hereafter but completely forgetting this world can be problematic, you also need to focus on life on this world and your purpose. There is a lot of good to be done and billions of people to help all around the world. Join local mosque and meet some good muslim brothers inshaAllah. Get involved with voluntary work and charity fundraising activites in your local community. Whichever land you are in, serve your community and those in need as a Muslim for the sake of Allah. Also focus on education, getting an apprentiship or work before you can be in position to get married.

I will pray for you inshaAllah. Take it easy, don't put too much pressure on yourself, set high goals, be courageous & make duas constantly. Take one step at a time and Put your Complete Trust in Allah that He will give you everything at the right time that is perfect for you. May Allah swt make everything easy for you and keep you strong and steadfast in His deen & Iman always, Ameen.

Do not lose hope nor be sad ~ Quran 3:139

And of course Allah swt love you & wants what is good for you always...you should never question that:

ArmenianMuslim
12-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Because I'm Armenian, and I'm Muslim.

crimsontide06
12-12-2017, 02:54 AM
sports related

Nayubgp07
12-20-2017, 10:44 PM
Mail related

aflawedbeing
12-22-2017, 06:02 PM
I'm a being, I'm also flawed.

Desire of Ages
12-22-2017, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

well its a common question on many forums, and I was reminded of it in this forum aswell...why do you choose the name you have?
The name chosen/given or existing with is symbolic of the character of the living person it represents [for instance, God, Exodus 6:3, 20:7, 33:17-23, 34:1-8 KJB; or for mankind, see, 1 Samuel 25:25; Proverbs 22:1; Ecclesiastes 7:1 KJB; see Genesis 2:7, 3:20, 5:2,29, 10:25, 11:9, 16:11, 17:5, 17:17,19, 18:13,15, 21:6, 27:36, 32:28, 35:10, &c, and especialy see Exodus 33:18-23, 34:1-8 KJB, for either we glorify God's name [YHVH; JEHOVAH], Psalms 20:5; Song of Solomon 2:4; 1 John 4:8,16 KJB, see Psalms 22:22, 45:17; John 17:6,26; Hebrews 2:12 KJB, or we instead glorify our own name/characters, see Genesis 11:4, Daniel 1:7 or conversely, Genesis 12:2; Daniel 1:6 KJB], and thus the name, is indeed a statement/question made/asked of those who read it, for instance see my own greeting thread here for more details on this name, "Desire of Ages"- https://www.islamicboard.com/introdu...ml#post2978571

For questions help us to seek after Truth, for Truth is Eternal - My Questions, If You May Kindly Answer Please With Sources, Thank You!

Therefore, whomever addresses me, must confront my name, "Desire of Ages", and thus be led to ask, Who is that?, What does this name mean/signify? Where does it come from?

Names are very important, and more detail may be given in regards names in the Bible and the story they tell when brought together, from Genesis to Revelation, just ask.

Mahir Adnan
02-14-2018, 07:08 PM
my friend's name is mahir.and I borrowed 'adnan' from 'adnab oktar'(harun yahya)-- may Allah guide him and me

cinnamonrolls1
02-14-2018, 10:22 PM
I really like cinnamon rolls...

Scimitar
02-14-2018, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
i Like cinnamonrolls2 ;)

Misbah-Abd
02-14-2018, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
My wife made some homemade ones last week. Her icing was too sweet for me though. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Misbah is the name an elderly Pakistani man gave me when I became a Muslim.

- - - Updated - - -

Abdul Aalee
02-16-2018, 12:12 AM
I chose it because it means "Slave of the Most High"

Mahir Adnan
02-16-2018, 06:28 PM
guys,what's cinnamon's roll? my mom fed me vegetable one only

cinnamonrolls1
02-16-2018, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mahir Adnan
Its basically a pastry kinda thing with cinnamon inside it and like icing on the top

Sent from my [device_name] using IslamicBoard mobile app

Barbarahajar
04-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Barbara is the name my parents gave to me, Hajar is my " Muslim " name.

cinnamonrolls1
04-01-2018, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mahir Adnan
Aw no :(
Theres some good recipies online though!!

azc
04-02-2018, 03:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd
My wife made some homemade ones last week. Her icing was too sweet for me though. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Misbah is the name an elderly Pakistani man gave me when I became a Muslim.

- - - Updated - - -

you are revert...!

Misbah is a nice name

sufiya
05-01-2018, 07:41 PM
I'm sufiya many things I want to know from Islam I hope this app will help me to know all the things

azc
05-02-2018, 02:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sufiya
I'm sufiya many things I want to know from Islam I hope this app will help me to know all the things

InshaAllah, you will.

Welcome to islamicboard

onnanoko
05-02-2018, 05:55 PM
because of my Japan addiction

Feldspar
05-06-2018, 06:15 PM
Rocks are fascinating. When I have to think about usernames I always think about stones.

Feldspar is a very common mineral everywhere. Even in the Moon. It just came to my mind. Most feldspars are just white or pinkish but spectrolite is also a feldspar. Spectrolite is a good looking mineral that is used as a gemstone. It's one of the few nice gemstones you can find in my country. Common feldspars can also do weird things when rocks go through stuff and generally feldspars can tell you a lot about the amazing history of some boring looking rock.

Abrar20
05-12-2018, 10:43 AM
I just like it coz of its meaning

HisServant
05-14-2018, 04:12 PM
Nuri means light in Arabic, that which is dearly sought. Except it is meant to applied to the masculine gender. I am female. Opps!!

Nashita
05-17-2018, 02:18 PM
My real name is Nashita which is an Arabic word and you'll find it in the Quran as well. Nashita means full of life .

ChosenTCO
05-17-2018, 06:50 PM
Back when i used to be a gamer, (kinda still am to be honest:statisfie) i had a few accounts called The Chosen One. After playing with colleagues in university, this account name caught on and became kind of my nickname (Chosen).
I just put the First letters of the full name after Chosen -> ChosenTCO

MOHAMMED ABD
06-20-2018, 09:37 PM
Fear only ALLAH

Abz2000
06-21-2018, 01:20 AM
The first part is from my name - and status in Allah's sight, the second is roughly the number of years it's been since i landed and disappeared. :)

ZeeshanParvez
06-21-2018, 01:36 AM
Its my name. I do not like to hide my identity anywhere.

Mandy
10-14-2018, 11:35 AM
I simply choose my real name.

bint e aisha
10-14-2018, 01:29 PM
Because I am the daughter of Aisha (رضی اللہ عنہا).

HisServant
10-14-2018, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nuri
Nuri means light in Arabic, that which is dearly sought. Except it is meant to applied to the masculine gender. I am female. Opps!!

My intention has been to request a name change to Nuriya (the initial choice was accidental). JazaakAllahu khair ...... @BeTheChange @*charisma*

BeTheChange
10-14-2018, 06:36 PM
If you would like to change your username please go into settings, edit profile and edit username.

HisServant
10-14-2018, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
If you would like to change your username please go into settings, edit profile and edit username.
Thank you sis, success! :)

Yusuf Muraina
02-15-2019, 07:37 AM
That's my name

Mayameen
03-31-2019, 03:39 AM
Salaamu Alaikum, I'm Mayameen, I chose this name because it means brave and that's how I feel when going through difficult times.

nurseken7
02-29-2020, 06:10 PM
Im a nurse and my first name is Ken

Frida
02-29-2020, 06:54 PM
It's my name

seekingknowledge
05-02-2020, 02:57 AM
Originally had my name on here but then I realised it was a public forum I'm changed it it to this.

I guess the reason why I trust seeking knowledge is even though no I've always known which path to choose and somehow they lost within myself. Spiritually. Lost my faith somehow slipping up especially in this modern world.

I need serious mature assertive forum like this to remind me and not engage with anybody free mixing like the other forums out there. Whether you're single or married.

Apollo
07-19-2020, 02:34 PM
Chose Apollo because it was the name given to the project to go to the Moon in the 60s. Been an Islamic site I could have chosen Qamar, the name of a chapter from the Quran.

Studentofdeed
07-21-2020, 08:50 AM
I'm a student. Figuratively and literally. I am so much to learn and won't stop learning. Even teaching others or evening being around others you are always learning. Hence student but more emphasis on deen but kind of not exactly perfect so hence student of deed not student of deen. Because a true student of deen would be perfect and a true good muslim. A status many of us can only hope to even dream of

muslimah002
10-26-2020, 09:32 AM
I am a Muslimah, obviously, and the last 3 digits of my birth year are 002 :-)

Imraan
10-26-2020, 12:45 PM
imran is my name. part of my identity...

Islami.Mu'mina
10-26-2020, 03:31 PM
Well I really like the word Mumin(believer) and I wanted to call myself that. At the time I didn't know gender differences in arabic lol, I wish I put Mumina instead.

So I decided to put Islami right before it incase "Mumin" is a typical username someone used.

'abd al-hakeem
10-27-2020, 10:05 AM
Bismillah;

Salaamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa baraakatuhu ikhwan, and a warm greeting to our interfaith brothers in and sisters in humanity :statisfie

I chose this (user) name because its the name I chose when I reverted! Alhamdulillah.

Good to be back after so long. Looking forward to catching up insha'Allah.

Flos
01-16-2021, 01:46 AM
My username means a flower in Latin. It used to be followed by Atra, meaning black. So - black flower.

Revert alYunani
01-16-2021, 02:31 AM
well mine is so easy to know why. Revert because i am a revert and al Yunani because Yunani means greek in arabic.So a reverted Greek. :D

MohammedAllah
02-09-2021, 12:06 PM
I love Allah, my name Mohammed. Mohamed Allah.

AabiruSabeel
02-09-2021, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MohammedAllah
I love Allah, my name Mohammed. Mohamed Allah.
Are you sure about that? It must be Abdullah or Servant of Allah, and not the way that you have written.

SoldierAmatUllah
03-10-2021, 02:24 AM
@Studentofdeed

What your username means?

Studentofdeed
03-10-2021, 03:02 AM
I am a student of deen but deed was the closest since studentofdeen was taken showing I am hungry for good deeds as much as I can

BDJobsFeed
03-13-2021, 08:33 PM
Hi, I am Mainul Islam from Dhaka, Bangladesh. My user name is mainul

I Have been writing Various Jobs circular update on my website BDJobsFeed

BDjobsFeed.com | Latest job circular in Bangladesh
BD jobs feed is a trusted website searching for new govt and private jobs. Here you can easily find daily online newspaper job circular as well as how to apply guidelines....

DogLover
06-11-2021, 09:20 PM
I love dogs :) Especially my own dog. By the Lord's will, my life's changed from emptiness, sadness and depression into active, happy and joyful moments, mostly with me, my family and our dog.

I believe that the God decided to save this dog from a certain death by hunger and brought him to someone who knew that my family would take care of. We've got a call and we agreed to bring him to new home.

Before that I feared dogs - one small dog bit my nose when I was young. Now I'm not afraid to even touch big ones! :)

This experience is for me a reminder, that our Creator sees, hears and feels everything and knows about what is the best for us and how to solve problems.

Habu Alnaas
06-30-2021, 01:20 PM
"Habu Alnaas" translates to something like "human being loving", someone abiding by the main commandment of Christianity. A humanist, perhaps. I chose this nickname because it's basically my guideline in life to be such a person.

Leslie Blue
03-09-2022, 05:02 PM
Asalam alaykum I picked this username because it is my name and easy to remember. Shukrun [emoji57]

Supernova
03-09-2022, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Leslie Blue
Asalam alaykum I picked this username because it is my name and easy to remember. Shukrun [emoji57]
There are so many types of blue, now I'd remember just another prefix to blue, Lislie Blue

relief4aMuslim
08-23-2023, 11:25 PM
Assalamu Alaykum, to all, I am a revert, Alhamdulillah. My user name is for my situation that i am trying to figure out. i need financial assistance, for a serious matter. i do not know who to turn to, but i am here now, hopefully someone will be able to help. or at least keep me in their prayers, that Allah will answer my prayers. In Sha Allah. "relief4aMuslim" i named myself because i am trying to help/find help for a fellow Muslim, who helped me understand and accept Islam, Allah Akbar. i don't know if links are allowed or if others are open to helping financially, just send me a message or so and ill be able to explain better.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.