/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion/Request

snakelegs
03-30-2007, 09:28 PM
i know that there is a sticky in "basics" section of islamic terms.
i'm wondering if someone could make a list of words specifically used in jurisprudence and make it a sticky in this section? it would really be helpful.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
03-31-2007, 07:45 PM
Hiya.

What words are you not sure of?

noodles
03-31-2007, 08:01 PM
I think he may mean terms such as 'Fiqh', 'Fatwa', 'Ijtehaad', 'Bid'ah', 'Makrooh' etc etc.

I know I had great difficulty understanding these terms and such, quite often I forgot what [insert any term] meant even though I read it 5 minutes prior.

snakelegs
03-31-2007, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noodles
I think he may mean terms such as 'Fiqh', 'Fatwa', 'Ijtehaad', 'Bid'ah', 'Makrooh' etc etc.

I know I had great difficulty understanding these terms and such, quite often I forgot what [insert any term] meant even though I read it 5 minutes prior.
yes, exactly. it does get confusing and a short list of these terms as a sticky would be very helpful. there are an awful lot of "m" words that i always get mixed up.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
04-03-2007, 09:13 PM
hmmmm.... i guess maybe everybody else knows these terms already and has no trouble keeping them straight. :-[

noodles
04-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Ah give me a day and I'll compose a list of words that are frequently used. Sorry I completely forgot about this.

Muhammad
04-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Hello,

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
hmmmm.... i guess maybe everybody else knows these terms already and has no trouble keeping them straight.
No actually I thought it was a good idea... I'm sure it would be helpful to everyone! It just needs a bit of time to compile all the words, I guess.

noodles
04-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Actually, it looks like I wont have to compile one.

Here is a link that covers almost all the words.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/reference/glossary.html

:) If you still are having with some of the definitions then feel free to PM or ask in the post. I'll (or any other member at that) will be glad to help.

snakelegs
04-03-2007, 10:57 PM
thanks for the link. i go to that site to look at the hadiths and i never noticed that there was a glossary! :uuh:
still - it would be handy to have it on the jurisprudence page - i'm thinking specifically of terms that come up in fiqh.
but i know - we all have so many plans and such little time!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.