/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whoever leaves something for Allah...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-31-2007, 03:25 AM
:sl:

{"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him out of every difficulty, and He will provide for him from where he could never imagine."} [at-Talaq; 2-3]

Hudhayfah bin al-Yaman narrated that the Messenger of Allah said: "The glance at the woman is a poisonous arrow from the arrows of the Devil. Whoever leaves it out of the fear of Allah, then Allah will reward him with faith whose sweetness he will taste in his heart." [Reported by Ahmad in his 'Musnad,' and it is authentic]

Malik bin Dinar said: "The Gardens of Delight are between the Gardens of Firdaws and the Gardens of Eden. In them one has servants made out of the roses of Paradise. They will be inhabited by those who were about to engage in a sin, but then remembered Allah - the Mighty and Exalted - and stopped themselves from doing so, and bowed their necks out of the fear of Allah."

al-Hasan al-Basri narrated:

"There was a fornicating woman who had exceeded the people of her era in beauty, and would not let any man sleep with her unless he paid her one hundred dinars. One day, a man saw her and was attracted to her, so he went and worked until he earned the one hundred dinars and came to her. She told him: "Pay it to the man at the door so that he may count it and weigh it." When he did this, she told him to enter. She had a luxurious home and a bed made of gold. She told him: "Come to me." When he was about to have intercourse with her, he suddenly remembered his standing before Allah on the Day of Resurrection, so it was as if he was struck with lightning and his desire was put out.

He said to her: "Allow me to leave you, and you can keep the money."

She replied: "How can you do this now, when you saw me and was attracted to me, and went and worked hard to collect the one hundred dinars, and when you are finally with me, you do what you did?"

He said: "By Allah, I did not do this out of anything except for the fear of Allah, and the thought of my standing between His Hands."

She said: "If you are truthful in what you say, then I want to marry nobody except you!"

He told her: "Let me leave."

She said: "No, not unless you promise me that you will marry me!"

He said: "I cannot do anything until I leave first."

She then said to him: "You must promise Allah that if I come to you where you live, then you will marry me!"

He said: "It might be so. We will see."

So, he put on his clothes, left her, and travelled back to his land. She later travelled to his land with all that she owned - regretting the circumstances under which they had met each other - until she arrived and asked about him. When she arrived at his home, it was said to him: "The queen herself has arrived and asked about you!" When he saw her, he was in such a state of shock that he collapsed and died.

His body fell into her arms, so she said: "As for him, then I have missed out on the chance to be with him. Does he have any close relatives?" It was said to her: "Yes, his brother, but he is a poor man." So, she said to him: "I will marry you out of my love for your dead brother."

She married him and bore for him seven righteous sons."

['at-Tawwabin' by Ibn Qudamah al-Maqdisi; p. 41-42]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
03-31-2007, 09:45 AM
:sl:

mashaAllah, that was a nice story. jazakaAllah khayr bro
:w:

Snowflake
03-31-2007, 11:15 AM
SubhanAllah!

Prophet (pbuh): Shaytan, I heard that sometimes you feel as if someone has thrown a heavy stone on your head, which breaks your head into several pieces.

Shaytan, the cursed one: Oh Prophet of Allah (pbuh), yes it is true. Whenever your follower truly repents to Allah, I feel like that.

siFilam
04-01-2007, 03:57 AM
:salamext:
Subhanallah, this is a good story. Allah give us the ability to leave our desires purely for His sake. Ameen.

wasalam
-SI-

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.