/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Section

Khattab
07-28-2005, 12:33 AM
:sl: What about making a new section for those who speak other than English or find it hard?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamInside
07-28-2005, 02:29 PM
a good idea,
i voted for urdu :)

Muezzin
07-28-2005, 03:22 PM
:sl:

I think it's a good idea. I don't think it should be limited to just one language though. Perhaps have a 'Non-English' or 'International' forum, with a variety of different language threads within. :brother:

07-28-2005, 03:40 PM
yeah good idea
i vote for french or arbic:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kadafi
07-28-2005, 03:47 PM

This is not a bad idea. Insha'Allaah, if the members eagerly want this section (by having atleast 40-50 votes), we will consider it.

I suggest a language section with many sub-forum language sections such as urdu, arabic, french, etc-----

A7med
07-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Mine ARABIC or URDU

Ummu Amatullah
08-07-2005, 04:02 PM
:salaaam:
isn't there already many arabic-islamic forum :confused:

Ummu Amatullah
08-07-2005, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brown clown
Mine ARABIC or URDU
Yeah mine too.Most people on this forum speak urdu or Arabic.They also speak english,but that's besides the point. :-[

BlissfullyJaded
08-07-2005, 04:16 PM

I'm for the idea...the way brother kadafi suggested. :thumbs_up

Uthman
08-08-2005, 07:24 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by mm_ca04
I'm for the idea...the way brother kadafi suggested.
Me too. :)

Ataraxis
08-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Oh, gooood idea! :D I voted...but I'm most keen on the idea by bro Kadafi, as well...:)

Muezzin
08-26-2005, 04:25 PM

I'm telling ya, a better idea would be to just have an 'International Section'. The threads within would have 'Urdu' or 'Punjabi' or whatever in the subject title. Trust me, it'd save a lot more space than having to make separate sub forums, and it's also more flexible and thus more satisfying for the user-base :)

Labaik Ya Allah
08-26-2005, 04:26 PM
were is the somali section hehe

Muezzin
08-26-2005, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labaik Ya Allah
were is the somali section hehe
See, that wouldn't happen if you just had an 'International Section'. :p

Seriously, I've seen it on other sites and it works, and is much better and more convenient for everyone involved.

Muezzin
08-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Well, it's not my forum. If it was, I certainly wouldn't waste that much space :p

Labaik Ya Allah
08-26-2005, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Well, it's not my forum. If it was, I certainly wouldn't waste that much space :p

and im guessin u voted stupid idea

Muezzin
08-26-2005, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labaik Ya Allah

and im guessin u voted stupid idea

You guessed wrong bro :p

I voted 'other' then ranted on about what I was just ranting on about. :)

Labaik Ya Allah
08-26-2005, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
You guessed wrong bro :p

I voted 'other' then ranted on about what I was just ranting on about. :)

sorry about that den

Labaik Ya Allah
08-26-2005, 09:43 PM
there should be a somali section cuz im gettin played on

Ameeratul Layl
11-15-2005, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
I see its Just U voting for the SOMALI section :)
do u want a SECTION esp for U then ? :)

:sl: Fo all of us bro. Itd be nice to know a few words in somali....:playing:

Allah ma3ak

Khayal
11-15-2005, 04:00 PM
a good idea,:peace:
I voted 4 urdu :rose:

Uma Rayanah
11-15-2005, 04:55 PM

mashallah dat is gr8 idea..wander where is da somali lang .... :rant: jz joking..:phew :phew

WHITEMUSK
11-15-2005, 05:08 PM
sal3m

i dont understand, this might sound like a silly question.... maybe i missed a step, or i'm 7 steps behind everyone....

but i have 2 questions maybe someone can answer?

what would this section be about.... i know its gona be about different languages.... but what about the languages? depending on who votes for what? what will it include..... is it gona teach the language or will it have all the options in that language..... hope u guys get what i'm getting at?

and once youve answered that.... my second question is....

what happens to all the people that can only speak english?? i can read arabic, not understand it same with french only undersatnd the basics like hi and bye, and urdu? no i never really learnt it...... so what happens then?

cz if u gona teach the languages i vote for all of them...to be multi lingual something i'm working towards... otherwise i'm lost!

and if that sounds like a silly question the lol!! :P

Muhammad
11-15-2005, 05:45 PM

I'll try to clarify:
Basically having a forum in another language means everyone only speaks in that language there - either by speaking using english letters, or using a keyboard for that language - see the Urdu forum for an example.

As for what is discussed, brother zAk will be able to tell you exactly, but it can be anything from learning the language, Islamic articles in that language, and Halal fun in that language!

Currently, our two main non-English languages are Urdu and Arabic. For other languages that are voted for by a minority, members are free to create threads within the Language forums, as we have one for Punjabi speakers.

safwana
11-15-2005, 06:10 PM
gd idea?!

Halima
11-15-2005, 09:32 PM

I also wanted to point out that there are many different arabic dialects, so please don't feel intimidated when we are all speaking that same dialect in arabic in the languages forum. The arabic language varies throughout same thing like the Urdu sections. Notice, that there are many different Urdu dialects and no one is only limited to that dialect. It varies from dialect to dialect.

chacha_jalebi
01-18-2008, 10:05 PM
in reply to poll . . .
theres already different languages forums, just open up a certain language thread in there innit . . isnt that more helpful

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.