/* */

PDA

View Full Version : salah question and witr

nutty
04-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Whe i read the thahashud I spread my legs towards the right is this right or do we sit like the males do. I tried doing like the males but was very uncomfortable and had pains in the side of stomach.

Regarding witr how do we read that. this is the way I have been reading it is it right. I sit once for thahashud then stand up for finally rakat once I read alhanduillah and a surah I raise my hand up saying Allahu akbar and then read rabbana atina fid dunya hasanataw till the end and then finish of the witr

Also do we say bismillah everytime before surah fatiha and another surah or just at then begining of the namaz e.g

Bismillah - surah fatiha + Bismillah - another surah - end of one rakat
Bismillah - surah fatiha + Bismillah - another surah - end of 2 rakat

or
Bismillah - surah al-fatiha + no bismillah then next surah - end of one rakat
no Bismillah - surah al-fatiha + no bismillah then next surah - end of 2 rakat

Jazak allah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
04-08-2007, 07:54 PM
:sl:

.......As for praying the set of five rak'aat or three rak'aat by sitting after every two rak'aat and not making the tasleem, then we did not find any authentic report that the Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) used to do this. The asl (foundation) is that it is permissible, but since the Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) forbade us from praying witr with three rak'aat indicating the reason for that by saying: "And do not liken it to the Maghrib prayer." [1] So then anyone that prays the witr in three rak'aat must not liken it to the Maghrib prayer. This can be done in two ways:

1. Making the tasleem between the even and odd number rak'ah (i.e. between the second and the third rak'ah). This is what is more strong and preferred.

2. One does not sit between the even and odd number (i.e. he prays three rak'aat straight with one tasleem), and Allaah knows best.

Footnotes:

[1] Reported by At-Tahaawee, Ad-Daraqutnee and others. See At-Taraaweeh (pg. 99 & 110)
For more Info see this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ht-prayer.html

Musalmaan
04-10-2007, 12:10 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by nutty
Assalamu alaikum

Whe i read the thahashud I spread my legs towards the right is this right or do we sit like the males do. I tried doing like the males but was very uncomfortable and had pains in the side of stomach.
Males and females differ in their organs of the body, therefore Shariat has mentioned the law for males and females separately. Of we have to look at Haj, Salaah, etc we will notice that the there are some different rulings for males and females. In Salaah there are different rulings for males and females. We will notice that Jumu'a Salaah is not Fardh on a female. (Abu Dawood, Mishkaat, Vol.1, Page 1).

For a male the best place of worship is in the masjid whereas for a female the best place of worship is in her house, rather the corner of her room. (Abu Dawood, Mishkaat, Vol.1, Page 96). Shariat considered the purdah issue and made it such that the best place of worship for a lady is in the corner of her room.

The Sitting Position:

Ibni Abbas radhiyalla anho was asked regarding the Salaah of a female. He replied: "She must draw herself close together and lean onto one side, i.e. by resting on her left buttock." ("Al-Musannif li Ibni Shaybah", Vol.1, Page 270.)

It is mentioned in the Musnad of Imam Abu Hanifah (R.A.):

Ibni Umar radhiyalla anho was asked: "How did the women perform Salaah during the time of Rasulullah?" He replied: "They performed "Tarabbu'", then they were instructed to draw themselves close together (i.e. they should lean onto one side by resting on their left buttocks and completely contracting themselves.) ("Jami'ul Masaanid", Vol 1, Page 400)

"Tarabbu'" means to sit cross-legged. The women used to sit in this position before they were ordered to do the above and this position i.e. Tarabbu' was abrogated.

http://www.mahmoodiyah.org.za/faq1.htm

Regarding witr how do we read that. this is the way I have been reading it is it right. I sit once for thahashud then stand up for finally rakat once I read alhanduillah and a surah I raise my hand up saying Allahu akbar and then read rabbana atina fid dunya hasanataw till the end and then finish of the witr
you should try to learn dua Qunoot for witr prayers. it is sunnah and a wonderful dua.

Also do we say bismillah everytime before surah fatiha and another surah or just at then begining of the namaz e.g

Bismillah - surah fatiha + Bismillah - another surah - end of one rakat
Bismillah - surah fatiha + Bismillah - another surah - end of 2 rakat

or
Bismillah - surah al-fatiha + no bismillah then next surah - end of one rakat
no Bismillah - surah al-fatiha + no bismillah then next surah - end of 2 rakat

Jazak allah khair

# To read Ta'wwuz (only in the first Rakaat) (Ta'wwuz is audhobillah..)
# To recite the tasmiyyah (complete Bismillah) in every Rakaat before Surah Fatiha.

http://www.jamiat.org.za/isinfo/ssalaat.html

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.