/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Hijab Fardh?

sonz
07-30-2005, 12:48 PM
salam

ive heard from some muslim girls that hijab is not fardh. they say they coundt find the real use and the real meaning behind it.

can someone pls explain what hijab means whats the reasoning behind it?

salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
07-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Assalamualaikum brother,

The word hijab merely means modesty and covering, this not only applies to women but men also.

It is more comonly known to mean the scarf worn by Muslimahs.

I am finding the reference for you as we speak, and will post inshaAllah soon, unless someone gets there before me.

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:

Rabi'ya
07-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Please note...

O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments (Jalbab) over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. 33:59

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils (khymar) over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss. 24:31

O ye who believe! Enter not the Prophet's houses,- until leave is given you,- for a meal, (and then) not (so early as) to wait for its preparation: but when ye are invited, enter; and when ye have taken your meal, disperse, without seeking familiar talk. Such (behavior) annoys the Prophet: he is ashamed to dismiss you, but Allah is not ashamed (to tell you) the truth. And when ye ask (his ladies) for anything ye want, ask them from before a screen: that makes for greater purity for your hearts and for theirs. Nor is it right for you that ye should annoy Allah's Messenger, or that ye should marry his widows after him at any time. Truly such a thing is in Allah's sight an enormity. 33:53

These quotes from the Quraan are shown in a full length article on hijab from zawaj.com

I hope this clears up your query inshaAllah

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-31-2005, 03:22 AM
:sl:
Hijab is fardh (obligatory), and there is no difference of opinion amongst the scholars on this issue. Both Muslim men and women must cover themselves in a modest fashion. Only secular so-called muslims attempt to spread confusion over the issue of the hijab.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ubah44
08-02-2005, 05:01 PM
salam,hijab is fardh as allah comends his holy book/and for your own safety and and dignity you have as muslima/wa salaam

TEH
08-02-2005, 05:03 PM
^she meant commands not comends...

:D

Umm Yoosuf
08-04-2005, 02:02 PM
It's obligatory.

Rabi'ya
08-04-2005, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jannah
It's obligatory.
obligatory = fard

or am i wrong ??

TEH
08-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Yes obligatory does mean Fardh...

:)

Rabi'ya
08-04-2005, 02:33 PM
lolz, guess Sister Jannah was just having her input too lolz, got me confused there....blonde moment :P

TEH
08-04-2005, 02:34 PM
But then wajib means obligatory too...

:)

Umm Yoosuf
08-04-2005, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
lolz, guess Sister Jannah was just having her input too lolz, got me confused there....blonde moment :P

:sl: :sister:

Oops sorry i didn't mean get you confused :-[ obligatory = fard just like TEH said.

Takumi
08-06-2005, 01:30 PM
hijab is fardh on BOTH men and women. Hijab is not only about the scarf.

It means to hide our physique too, which i believe is so unbalancedly practice by muslims nowadays.

there are brothers who purposely wear tight shirts and pants to show off their sculpted body and ibn katheer had mentioned that this is the practice of the men from the people of Lut a.s

We like it when you are physically fit but unbuttoning your shirt just to show off some part of your pectoralis major is not HIJAB! and that Calvin Klein unpleated pants that shows the countour of your behind is definitely not HIJAB either.

Now, muslim men need to be quiet and try to practice hijab on themselves rather than IMPOSING hijab on our women. HIJAB for men and women are WAAJIB.

Uthman
08-06-2005, 01:39 PM

Indeed, the Qur'an instructs men to protect their modesty before instructing women.

Al-Falah
08-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Yes Hijab is Fard.

there is a difference of opinion in regards to niqaab. shaykh bin baz was of the opinion that it is and shaykh Albani was of the opinion that it is not.

suad hassan
08-06-2005, 02:48 PM
salam just would like 2 say that hijab is fardh upon us muslim women 2 where it. the 1st time Allah said 2 the prophet (saw) that tell the muslim women, girls e.t.c. 2 where it, him and the others sahabah spent that night making the jilbab.
to prove that hijab is fardh it says in the quran
surah azhab ayah 59
o prophet tell your wives and your daughters and the woemn of the beleivers to bring down over themselves (part) of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not abused. And ever is Allah forgiving and merciful.

Abunaaila
08-06-2005, 06:44 PM
The Muslim Woman's Dress

http://www.calgaryislam.com/imembers...icle&artid=185

Characteristics of the Female Hypocrites

http://www.calgaryislam.com/imembers...icle&artid=191

Rulings Derived From the Evidences on Hijaab

http://www.calgaryislam.com/imembers...icle&artid=309

The Obligation of Veiling
AUTHOR: Shaikh Zayd bin Muhammad Al-Madkhalee

Free e-book

http://www.al-ibaanah.com/cms/pdf_files/46.pdf

Mainul_Islam
08-07-2005, 04:23 PM
assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah, everyone.

i've heard many revert sisters say they didnt like wearing the hijab at 1st, but once they tried it on and started practicing it a little, they loved it. besides it being for modesty, it lets other people know the hijabi from the inside. also, women should not be objects of display in public, hijab protects women from that.

also, i remember reading a story about a man (i think Muhammad Ali) asking his daughter where are gold found? deeply covered by rocks in caves. where are pearls? deeply covered by the ocean. diamonds? covered by earth. "you are valuable too, and you should be also covered"

if you had a diamond or something that valuable, would u put it on ur hand and show it to every1 as u walk by them? or would u protect it by hiding (covering) it from them?

m'aa salaam (with peace),
Mainul

Uthman
08-08-2005, 01:35 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam
i remember reading a story about a man (i think Muhammad Ali) asking his daughter where are gold found? deeply covered by rocks in caves. where are pearls? deeply covered by the ocean. diamonds? covered by earth. "you are valuable too, and you should be also covered"
That story can be found here :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.