/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Woe to you !

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2007, 06:11 PM
:salamext:

"Woe to you, son of Adam! Can you fight Allah? Whoever disobeys Allah is fighting Him. By Allah! I have met seventy veterans of Badr. Most of their garments were wool. Had you seen them you would have said they are crazy, and had they seen the best among you they would have said: "Those people will have no part in the Hereafter." Had they seen the worst among you they would have said: "Those people do not believe in the Day of Reckoning." I have seen people for whom this world was cheaper than the dust under their feet. I have seen people the like of whom would come home at night, not finding more than his own portion of food, and yet say: "I shall not put all of this into my belly. I shall certainly give some away for Allah's sake."

Al-Hasan Al-Basri talking about the people of his time including himself. This was the time just right after the Tab'een.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
04-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Asalamu Alaykuum
subhanallah!! Al-Hasan Al-Basri r.a was soo right
may allah have mercy on us :)
jazakallah khair for sharing
wa salaam

chacha_jalebi
04-09-2007, 07:33 PM
subhanallah:D

FatimaAsSideqah
04-09-2007, 07:35 PM
:sl:

MashAllah! JakahAllah Khair for the post!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
siFilam
04-09-2007, 07:40 PM
bro IbnAbdulHakim,
where r u getting these beautiful sayings from. is it from a book of quotes or something or is it from a website. share the wealth with us.

wasalam
-SI-

Maimunah
04-09-2007, 09:17 PM

subhnalah!!!
may Allah guide us ameen

unknown_JJ
04-09-2007, 09:20 PM
jazakallah bro

- Qatada -
04-09-2007, 09:22 PM

subhaan Allaah..

Maimunah
04-09-2007, 09:32 PM

imagine if hasan al basri was among us today n saw our state!!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-09-2007, 09:34 PM

Good quote...but something about it is making me doubt it's authenticity:

Most of their garments were wool.
AbuShaikh Al-Asbahaanee reported with a chain of narration connected to Muhammad bin Sireen that it reached him that a group of people preferred wearing wool, so he said: ‘There are some people that prefer to wear wool claiming that they resemble the Messiah, son of Maryam. However, the guidance of our Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) is more beloved to us, and he (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) would wear cotton and other types of clothes.’

The word in arabic for wool is 'soof'.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2007, 11:19 PM
www.ummah.com/forum

im finding these quotes from this forum :)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-09-2007, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani

Good quote...but something about it is making me doubt it's authenticity:

AbuShaikh Al-Asbahaanee reported with a chain of narration connected to Muhammad bin Sireen that it reached him that a group of people preferred wearing wool, so he said: ‘There are some people that prefer to wear wool claiming that they resemble the Messiah, son of Maryam. However, the guidance of our Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) is more beloved to us, and he (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) would wear cotton and other types of clothes.’

The word in arabic for wool is 'soof'.
that doesnt mean there arent some who wore wool :) allahu a'lam

NoName55
04-10-2007, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
that doesnt mean there arent some who wore wool :) allahu a'lam

We, perhaps, need t keep in mind certain mystic types, whose sayings are rebranded as Islaamic and circulated.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!