/* */

PDA

View Full Version : eye sight

zircon
04-09-2007, 11:32 PM
salam.. does anyone know how to re-gain good vision after having to wear glasses:? i dont like!! :enough!: lol. oh but no laser operation pls:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
04-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Other than the laser op (which isn't suitable for everybody, anyway) I can't think of anything.

I'd just go with the spectacles. I wore contact lenses for twenty years as a vanity thing I suppose but when that ceased to trouble me I was delighted to forget all about them. Get a suitably trendy designer pair of glasses either slightly tinted or photo-sensitive and they look pretty cool anyway. I remember when I was a kid my glasses looked awful being so thick (I'm VERY short sighted!), but these days the difference is absolutely amazing; they look no different from reading glasses or sunglasses.

Kittygyal
04-10-2007, 02:23 PM
salamualikum.
Eye drops, well it actually depends if your eyes are dry or watery.
Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
04-10-2007, 02:40 PM
:sl:

Try eating carrots
p.s its not a joke its proven that it helps

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ranma1/2
04-11-2007, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zircon
salam.. does anyone know how to re-gain good vision after having to wear glasses:? i dont like!! :enough!: lol. oh but no laser operation pls:D
There are some other surgery options.
One i think involves actually putting a contact like disk in your eye.
Another is a non surgical contact that you wear at night that reshapes your eye.

Malaikah
04-11-2007, 03:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
Try eating carrots
As a former optometry student, I can tell you that isn't true.

Carrots contain a chemical which the body converts into a different chemical which is needed by the eye to see in the dark. For this reason, they can be used to help people with poor night vision to see better at night.

However, if your night vision is already good, then carrots won't do much because you already have enough of the chemical.

:)

zircon
04-11-2007, 05:11 PM
thank you everyone:) i'll have to consider all options. the problem is i dont like wearing glasses or contact lenses:blind: its not because of look. it's like a burden on me when i'm working etc:D

04-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Maybe this would help:

Better Vision for the Future
By Dr. Marc Grossman, OD, Lac

Vision Works, Inc.
3 Paradise Lane
New Paltz, N.Y. 12561
(888) 735-8475 / 845) 255-8222
www.naturaleyecare.com

Eye exercises have been used for many years and by many cultures to help maintain healthy vision. The eyes need to be exercised much like any other part of the body. Unfortunately, the increased use of computers, television viewing, and “near work” both at school and on the job, has created chronic, excessive stress on our visual system. Our eyes and bodies were not designed to withstand this ongoing stress, which we believe contributes to poorer vision, eye disease, and often neck and back problems.

Is it little wonder that 75% of students in graduate school are nearsighted?

Eye exercises can strengthen eye muscles, help maintain flexible lenses and help maintain sharper vision with just 5 – 10 minutes each day. Just choose a few of the eye exercises to do during each session. People who spend hours on the computer each day should take a 2 – 3 minute break each hour for eye exercises. (For example, palming is an excellent exercise to do each break – see below).

Basic Eye Exercises to Help Keep the Eyes Healthy
In order to achieve your goal of improved vision, it is important that you have a good space in which to work. That space should be quiet and private. It should have good lighting. Other steps to success include:

Getting Ready
The following are essential components to integrate into your vision improvement program.
1. Breathe: As in yoga, the importance of good breathing is essential to getting the most out of your exercises. As you look around your world, become aware of when you are holding your breath. Breathing regularly will bring more oxygen to your eyes and reduce stress on your vision.
2. Blink: Remembering to blink will help keep you from staring and working too hard as you do your exercises. It will also soothe, and moisturize the eyes.
3. Smile: Adding a smile to your exercises will help reduce any tension you might be holding in your eyes. So smile as you go through life.
4. Have fun: These exercises should be looked at as something you enjoy doing rather than a task you have to do. This is for you, so enjoy yourself!
5. Commit: As with anything you really want in life, it is important to commit yourself towards that goal. If you don’t think that this is the proper time for you to make this promise of improved vision to yourself, then you might have to put this program off until another time.
6. Believe: You must believe so you can conceive. Check in with your belief systems around improving your eyes. It is possible, so make sure you believe it as you begin the program.

The Exercises
In general, each of the exercises selected should be done for 1 – 3 minutes. For active computer users, try to take a 2 – 3 minute break for eye exercises every hour that you are on the computer. Pick 2 – 3 exercises and do them regularly.

Exercise #1: Breathing
How you breathe is an integral part of your health and your vision improvement. Smooth, even breathing, deep and rhythmic, helps us to center our attention on our inner self. We concentrate on the steady intake and exhalation of breath. Air is taken in all the way down to the bottom of the lungs. As it fills the lungs, they expand and our stomach pushes outward. As we exhale pushing air up slowly from the bottom of the lungs our stomach contracts. Most of us breathe very shallowly. We contract our lungs, pull our stomach in and lift our shoulders when we inhale and push them out while we exhale. This is backwards! Doing this exercise correctly is very soothing. It can be done anytime, anywhere. It is difficult at first; so practice it patiently.
1. Do not wear any glasses or contact lenses if possible.
2. Sit on the floor or on a comfortable chair in a quiet room. Or stand in a balanced position with your knees slightly bent.
3. Close your eyes gently.
4. Notice the rhythm of your breathing.
5. Inhale deeply through the nose. Try to let your shoulders remain down and loose. Lungs are like balloons, so let them expand as they fill, and imagine that they go all the way down to your pelvic seat.
6. Exhale slowly and evenly through the mouth, pushing the air out from the bottom of your lungs. Feel your stomach and chest flatten but do not squeeze the air out. Let your lungs rest at the end of your exhale and simply allow your body to begin its next inhale. Try not to force the inhale, but wait for the natural impulse to breathe.
7. Repeat the inhale and the exhale letting a natural rhythm flow continuously. Do not over breathe.
8. Concentrate all your attention on the intake and exhalation of air. Let thoughts simply evaporate.
9. Let your eyelids hang heavy until they gently close. Your eyes should be unfocused and the eye muscles relaxed. Let your jaw go slack. Your mouth should be slightly opened. Say the word “Duuuuuuh” in order to help your jaw drop.
10. Let your body move slightly to prevent muscles from becoming locked.
11. Continue breathing for three minutes.
12. When you open your eyes, don’t look at anything in particular. Just let your eyes open without refocusing so that they can momentarily receive light in the most natural and relaxed way.

Exercise # 2: Vision Statements
Your attitudes and belief systems are extremely important to improving your vision. Anatomy and physiology show that the eyes are tools directly connected to the mind, therefore focusing your mind in the correct way is essential for improving your vision. You should begin your program by declaring your intentions about your vision. The following are some possible statements you could use:
1. “I can improve my vision.”
2. “My eyesight can get better.”
3. “I don’t have to depend on my glasses to survive.”
4. “I am ready to see the world.”
5. “I can see without glasses.”
6. “I am now ready to see better.”

These are just some examples of Vision Statements. You can create your own or adjust these to your particular vision condition.

Exercise # 3: Palming
This exercise is done without any glasses or contact lenses. Palming reduces stress around the eyes by stimulating very powerful acupuncture points, which help to calm the mind, relax the muscles around the eyes and bring healing energy to the eyes (through increased circulation).

1. Remember to breathe. Take two deep breaths.
2. Find a flat table to sit at, lean forward, place your elbows on the table, and close your eyes gently.
3. Now, place the palm of your left hand over your left eye, your fingers on your forehead, and the hollow of your palm directly over the eye, but not touching it. There is still room to blink. The heel of your hand rests on the cheekbones.
4. Do the same with the right hand and right eye. Both eyes should be covered by both hands.
5. Make sure your elbows are low enough so that your face and the weight of your head are resting in your palms so that there is no stress on the neck.

Palming gives you the opportunity to just focus on relaxing your mind and eyes simultaneously. Even though we recommend that you do this for only three minutes, palming can be done as briefly or long as you like throughout the day as a way to relax your eyes and calm down from the tensions of daily life.

Exercise # 4: Figure Eights
This exercise increases the flexibility of your eye muscles in a relaxed way.

2. Either stand or sit with your feet shoulder width apart with your hands at your sides. Do not cross your hands. Let your knees bend slightly.
3. Imagine a figure eight approximately ten feet from you lying horizontally (lying in the shape of an infinity sign: ∞)
4. Let your eyes trace along the figure eight without moving your head. First trace in one direction, then in the opposite direction. Always remember to continue to breathe and blink as your eyes move effortlessly along the figure eight. Check for tension in the jaw and let it release.

Exercise # 5: The Hot Dog
This exercise is done to improve the flexibility of the inside muscles of your eyes (called the ciliary muscles). It is important to keep those muscles flexible.

2. Either stand or sit with your feet shoulder width apart. If you are standing, make sure your knees are slightly bent.
3. Aim your eyes on any target in the distance.
4. While looking at your distant target, bring your index fingers, tips touching about eight inches in front of your eyes and into your line of sight.
5. Still aiming your eyes at the distant target, calmly notice a miniature hot dog has appeared between the tips of your fingers. Remember to continue to breathe easily and deeply. Do not let the “phantom miniature hot dog” distract you and cause you to aim your eyes directly at it. Rather, continue to aim your eyes toward the distant target.
6. Pull the tips of your fingers apart slightly and observe the hot dog floating in the air.
7. Now keep the hot dog in place for two breaths, and then look directly at your fingers and the hot dog will disappear. Do not retrieve the hot dog for two breaths; then look again in the distance and find it once again. Switch back and forth for two minutes.

Exercise # 6: Scanning
Staring is bad for your eyes because it freezes the energy and muscles, restricting the blood flow. Having your eyes “scan” is the opposite of staring. Scanning objects in your environment keeps you alive and energetic.

2. You can stand, sit or move around your environment.
3. As you look at objects, let your eyes glide over them as if you were painting them with your eyes. Continue to breathe deeply and easily.
4. As your eyes shift from object to object, allow them to move easily without staring. Remember to breathe; blinking is also okay. Your eyes should move in a relaxed manner without any tension. Make sure to release any tension in the mouth or the jaw.

Exercise # 7: Effortless Focus
This exercise is done to increase your awareness of the object you are focusing on and what surrounds it.
2. Choose a point and focus your attention with great effort on that point. Then relax your focus and look at it effortlessly. Be aware of the difference in how you look with effort and without effort. Notice how your peripheral vision expands when you look with ease.

This way of seeing should permeate your everyday seeing and allow your vision to expand rather than become narrower.

Exercise # 8: Near and Far Focus
This exercise is done to improve the flexibility of the eyes as they change from distance viewing to near visual focus.
2. Either sit or stand with feet shoulder width apart. If you are standing, bend your knees slightly.
3. Hold your thumb six inches away from your eyes directly in front of your nose.
4. Gaze easily at the thumb and take a deep breath. Then focus on a distant object at least ten feet away and take a deep breath. Change this focus every breath. Feel the muscles in your eyes change as you shift your focus.

Exercise # 9: Eye Massage
Throughout China, eye exercises are done in schools, offices and factories. By taking regular breaks for eye exercises, many people are able to prevent the need for glasses. These massage exercises are primarily concerned with relaxing the eye muscles. You will be using finger massage to stimulate what are known as “acupressure points.”
2. Sit quietly and relax, feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent.
3. Close the eyes gently.
4. When you press each point, be gentle. Don’t use too much force and avoid putting pressure on the eyeballs.
5. Put your thumbs below your eyebrows and above the inside corners of your eyes, and place the other four fingers of each hand on your forehead. Press your thumbs into the point for four breaths.
6. Use the thumb and index finger of either hand to massage the bridge of your nose. Press the point and then squeeze with an upward motion. Press and squeeze four times for four breaths.
7. Place your middle fingers on your cheek bones, directly below the center of each eye. Massage the center part of your cheek for four breaths.
8. Massage a point starting at your temples right below the eyebrows and level with the outside end of your eyes. Then place your thumbs on the inside end of the eyebrows and massage. Move to the middle of the eyebrow and massage. Then massage the end of the eyebrow. Lastly, massage right below the middle of your eye.

All these exercises can either be done separately, in the order given, or incorporated into your daily life activities.

Exercise # 10: Zooming
This exercise is designed to improve the flexibility of your eye muscles.

2. Place your thumb out at arm’s distance from you on your midline (in line with your nose).
3. As you breathe in move your thumb slowly towards you and focus your eyes on it.
4. When you get three inches from your face move your arm away and begin again.

Exercise # 11: Sunning
This exercise is done without any glasses or contact lenses. The eyes are light-sensing organs, they are designed to receive and interpret light energy. Eyes need good, natural light in order to stay healthy and vibrant. Even though we have heard that with the reduction in the ozone layer we need to protect ourselves from ultra-violet radiation, it is still important to allow the eyes to receive natural sunlight at least 20 minutes per day. (Full-spectrum lights can be used if it is not possible to experience natural light.)

2. Sit or stand in a place where the sun is shining on you or under a full spectrum light source.
3. Close your eyes gently.
4. Move your head slowly from side to side so that you go from an area of shade into an area of light falling on your closed eyelids. Remember to continue to breathe easily and deeply. Feel the light on your eyelids; visualize accepting the light energy.
5. Alternate between five breaths of sunning and two breaths of palming.

Acupressure Exercises for Better Eye Health
Acupuncture/acupressure is an ancient system of healing developed over thousands of years as part of the traditional medicine of China, Japan and other Eastern countries. The practice of acupuncture is thought to have begun with the discovery that the stimulation of specific areas on the skin affects the functioning of certain organs of the body, and that there exists currents of energy that flow in distinct patterns throughout the body called “meridians.” Theory holds (and experience confirms) that when these currents of energy are flowing smoothly, there is health. When any of these currents are blocked, there is pain and disease.

Major Acupressure Eye Points
There are a number of acupuncture/acupressure points around the eyes (basically around the orbits of the eyes which are the bones that surround the eyeballs). The points shown here are some of the major local eye points.
1. Jingming: (Bl-1) Urinary Bladder Channel; lies where the inner corner of the eye meets the nose. Bladder 1 and 2 (Bl-1 and Bl-2) is perhaps the best two points for eye problems of all kinds from early-stage cataracts or glaucoma to hysteria with vision loss. They are also used for problems with conjunctivitis and blurred vision in the elderly.
2. Zanzhu: (Bl-2) Urinary Bladder Channel; lies in the depressions at the inner ends of the eyebrows. See Bl-1.
3. Yuyao: Midpoint of the eyebrow in the hollow; good for eye problems related to worry, excessive study and mental strain.
4. Sizhukong: (TB-23) Sanjiao or Triple Burner Channel; in the depression at the outside end of the eyebrow. This is a local point good for eye and facial problems.
5. Tongziliao: (GB-1) Gall Bladder Channel; lies in the cavities on the outside corners of the eye sockets. Good for eye problems including conjunctivitis, red sore eyes, photophobia, dry, itchy eyes, early-stage cataracts and blurred vision, as well as lateral headaches.
6. Qiuhou: Midway between St-1 and GB-1 along the orbit of the eyes.
7. Chengqi: (St-1) directly blow the pupil on the infraorbital ridge bone. This is a main point for all eye problems.

Self-Acupressure Instructions
Gently massage each acupuncture point around the orbit of the eye, starting with B1-1 and massaging each point as you go up and outward. Each point should be massaged for approximately 5 – 10 seconds. You can massage both eyes at the same time. You can do this massage as often as you like over the course of the day. You may find that each point feels different in terms of sensitivity.

Keep breathing as you massage. Deep breathing helps the cells of your eyes receive the oxygen they need for healing. Practice long, slow abdominal breathing while massaging the acupressure points.

Caution: If you are pregnant, consult a trained acupuncturist before treating yourself. Do not massage on an area if it has a scar, burn or infection.

Self Help
Since we consider most eye conditions to be a reflection of the health of the whole body, lifestyle choices and diet can play a major factor in achieving and maintaining good vision. Below are some holistic recommendations:
1. In general, a diet high in carotenoids, vitamins, minerals and sulfur-bearing amino acids is recommended.
2. Daily Juicing (organic if possible): 1 pint per day minimum. Up to 2 – 8 pints per day for healing. Vegetables used should be mostly greens.
3. Drink lots of water: 8 – 10 glasses of purified water. Avoid carbonated, caffeinated and alcoholic beverages. They can actually dehydrate your eyes.
4. Manage your stress: Meditate, take a walk in nature, practice yoga, use visualization techniques or prayer on a daily basis.
5. Exercise daily: Do at least 20 minutes of aerobic exercise daily. Walking and swimming are two excellent forms of exercise.
6. Eye exercises: Can help to bring energy and blood to the eyes, thereby helping to drain away toxins or congestion to the eyes.
7. Avoid foods to which you are allergic: A study of 113 patients with chronic simple glaucoma showed immediate IOP increases of up to 20 millimeters when they were exposed to foods in to which they were allergic.

“Better Vision for the Future” © 2003 by Vision Works, Inc.

Re.TiReD
04-20-2007, 02:48 PM
:sl: Rose_Ice is THE person to ask about eye sight! rofl :okay:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-20-2007, 02:49 PM
jus try follow the sunnah, sunnah is medecine right?

apply kohl to the eyes, after making wudhu look up and recite shahadah.

^ both of these can be found in sahih hadith.

inshaAllah someone might post up :)

yigiter187
04-20-2007, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

Try eating carrots
yoghurd is very useful for eyes..ı advise it:statisfie

04-20-2007, 05:09 PM

yoghurt? really? Thats interesting do you have any proof? :)

Also in the medicine of the prophet it says that the following are good for your eyesight:
-looking at green things (this has been proven recently aswell subhanallah)
-looking at running water
-looking at people you love
-cleaning up the sitting area

If you think about the last one it could be because it is more pleasing to look at something clean so you subconsciously want to see it more. There was this case about a business man who's sales kept going down. And every time he'd look at them he wouldn't want to, and his subconscious got the message that he doesn't want to see, and soon he became myopic (short-sighted)

Aso in the medicine of the prophet it says thatthe following are bad for your eyesight:
walking bare footed
looking at people you hate
(i think there are more just can't remember them right now...)

When the prophet (saw) says something we should not question it inshallah because Allah and His messenger know best :)

:w:

yigiter187
04-20-2007, 06:03 PM
ı dont have scientific proof but my parent encouraged me to est youghurd for my eyes:)

Malaikah
04-21-2007, 12:38 AM

Rose_Ice, can you prove the hadiths where the Prophet said those things please?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Grrr!! I hate glasses :raging: I've had them since the middle of second grade...
Has to do with the irregular shape of my cornea :X My mom would never think of doing laser surgery on me lol.

04-21-2007, 02:33 PM
^you mean astigmatism? Astigmatism is due to looking at close up objects for too long eg the pc or a mobile. And apparently going for long walks is good for astgmatism and also this:

Exercise # 8: Near and Far Focus
This exercise is done to improve the flexibility of the eyes as they change from distance viewing to near visual focus.
2. Either sit or stand with feet shoulder width apart. If you are standing, bend your knees slightly.
3. Hold your thumb six inches away from your eyes directly in front of your nose.
4. Gaze easily at the thumb and take a deep breath. Then focus on a distant object at least ten feet away and take a deep breath. Change this focus every breath. Feel the muscles in your eyes change as you shift your focus.

Rose_Ice, can you prove the hadiths where the Prophet said those things please?
Its written in one of the medicines of the Prophet but i dont have that one on me at the moment, i have As-Suyuti's one.. inshaallah if anyone has it please post up the reference

Here's the reference:

"The best of all eye-medicines is antimony. It glorifies the sight and makes the eyelashes grow"

"The best of your eye-medicines is antimony, which protects the healthy eye, but not the diseased eye"

[both by at-Tirmidhi]

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Yea, my my aunt told me about that exercise. Trying to look afar lol. Well the PC prolly jus makes it worse...but I've had it since I was little. I didnt have any PC's or mobiles then. I have cuzins wit da same thing, they're also girls lol.

Mr_GQ
04-23-2007, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
As a former optometry student, I can tell you that isn't true.

Carrots contain a chemical which the body converts into a different chemical which is needed by the eye to see in the dark. For this reason, they can be used to help people with poor night vision to see better at night.

However, if your night vision is already good, then carrots won't do much because you already have enough of the chemical.

:)
Interesting.

It definately helped my father and I.

He couldnt drive without wearing glasses. Since he started drinking (fresh) carrot juice, he hasnt worn them for several years (10 yrs?).

Same with me.

- Omar

Kittygyal
04-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Salamualikum
^ really subhnallah. On some people it doesn't work.
Ma'assalama

OM... your from Chicy town (thats my land) i miss Chicy :cry:

Mr_GQ
04-23-2007, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum
^ really subhnallah. On some people it doesn't work.
Ma'assalama

OM... your from Chicy town (thats my land) i miss Chicy :cry:
Walaikumassalaam Warahmutallah,

Yeah I love it here.

I love my Bears. lol (and Bulls).

It has changed here throughout the years.

- Omar

Kittygyal
04-23-2007, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr_GQ
Walaikumassalaam Warahmutallah,

Yeah I love it here.

I love my Bears. lol (and Bulls).

It has changed here throughout the years.

- Omar
Salamualikum.
Lol bears and bulls and Bluds and homies mwahaha
Yes indeed it has changed a massive amount.
Okay back on topic.

Malaikah
04-24-2007, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr_GQ

He couldnt drive without wearing glasses. Since he started drinking (fresh) carrot juice, he hasnt worn them for several years (10 yrs?).

There could be other factors involved that had nothing to do with the carrot though.

Wallahu a'lam.

04-25-2007, 12:46 PM

Really? what was his (glasses) number?

learningislam
04-25-2007, 03:32 PM
:salamext:

sis Rose_Ice.......................... thx 4 the exercises.........and all the info.

:wasalamex

Mr_GQ
04-25-2007, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
Really? what was his (glasses) number?
Yup. To be honest, I really dont know what his number was. I can find out, Insha'Allah.

He couldnt even see much without his glasses.

- Omar

strider
04-25-2007, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
Eye drops, well it actually depends if your eyes are dry or watery.
Ma'assalama
How are eye drops going to to improve your shortsightedness? :?

thank you everyone:) i'll have to consider all options. the problem is i dont like wearing glasses or contact lenses:blind: its not because of look. it's like a burden on me when i'm working etc:D
Would you rather your eyesight deteriorated further or bear the 'burden' by wearing specs/contacts? Trust me, you'll get use to them soon enough that you won't even notice them! :D

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
jus try follow the sunnah, sunnah is medecine right?

^ both of these can be found in sahih hadith.

inshaAllah someone might post up :)
Just out of interest, how will kohl help?

Maidah
04-25-2007, 10:28 PM
I have been told that if one wants to improve their eyesight they should look at horizons, as in look at long distances. This will impove your focal leanght and focus. Another good thing is when you're reading a book, keep bringing it close and away from your eyes time to time, this will streach and simulate your muscles in the eye.

Hemoo
04-26-2007, 06:17 AM
well computer screens indeed worsen the eye sight and although i got an LCD monitor it didn't help much as i thought it would

and now i know that you must decrease the contrast and brightness of the monitor and don't gaze a lot at the screen.

any way i made an eyeglass but i don't wear it but thanks to Allah my sight only have slight shortening

after i came back from the clinic i printed some snellen charts to do some training on but i don't use them much.

during my search i have seen a web site that have a training way to improve the eye vision and here it is http://i-see.org/eyecharts.html

i think that doctors deny such methods but you can try it any way.

and here is the Hadith of the prophet (P.B.U.H) :
mentioned in the book of Abu Dawud in the book of Medicine and also in Sunan ALTirmidhi and IBN MAGAH and other hadith books & shiekh Al-albany mentioned this hadith in his book of Authintic Hadith.

Narated By Abdullah ibn Abbas : The Prophet (pbuh) said: Wear your white garments, for they are among your best garments, and shroud your dead in them. Among the best types of collyrium you use is antimony (ithmid): it clears the vision and makes the hair sprout.

and i want to get this ATHMUD which is the best types of KU7L but i heared that some merchants do cheat in it and they but lead to make it heavier in the balance so be carfull when buying it.

you can use it every night before sleeping and If Allah Wills it will indeed improve the eye vision.

shible
04-26-2007, 06:30 AM

Try reading Qu'an.

I have heard that it is true that the people who often read Qur'an have taken off their glasses.

Well i have no scientific proofs and in case if there are proofs then feel free to share it guys

And also keep slice Cucumber and keep it above the eye lid (i mean close the eyes). it will reduce the heat and help your eyes to get refreshed

***Umm-e-kulsum
04-26-2007, 10:39 AM

Fish Oils Just like the rest of the cells in the brain, the cells of the retina — the rods and the cones contain long-chained fatty acids. The most prominent of these fatty acids in the eye is an omega-3 fatty acid called DHA. Its found that the omega-3 oils, generally found in fish and flaxseed, enhance visual perception. Most people need to take several grams of a combination EPA/DHA fish oil supplement or a tablespoon or two of flaxseed oil. Once you notice an improvement, you can reduce your dosage of fish oils to one or two grams a day, or a teaspoon of flaxseed oil.

***Umm-e-kulsum
04-26-2007, 10:45 AM
im not 2 sure about carrots coz i was told when i was doing Alevel biology that betacarotene which is found in carrots helps reduce the risk of cataract and macular degeneration!!!!! so therefore it does help doesnt it...............................????

Malaikah
04-26-2007, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
How are eye drops going to to improve your shortsightedness? :?

I'm short-sighted and I find that when my eyes are a little wetter than usual, my sight improves. I guess this is because the power of the cornea is extended by extra film of water? Maybe, who knows, I don't know lol. But it happens.

Whether or not this can be extended to eye drops I don't know lol. :p

04-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Sack the eye drops have you ever tried puting honey in your eyes? :X

read this: http://www.dancingbeeacres.com/Optha.html

p.s beware it stings..

learningislam
04-28-2007, 02:17 PM
:salamext:
I found this and thought it might help us all, inshaAllah, who want to get rid of their glasses..........

Methods Of Vision Improvement
I'm sure that many of you out there would like to improve your vision naturally. No glasses, no contact lenses, no surgery. I have divided this section into 3 main topics:

Bates method
Details 5 principal techniques devised by William Bates in his system of vision improvement: palming, centralization, sunning, swinging & test-card practice.

Eye care tips
We must not forget that much of the trouble is caused by our own negligence. Had we taken better care of our eyes, all this would have never happened. Of course, this means that I would have perfect eyesight, and there would never have been The Vision Improvement Site. Oh well, hopefully people can learn from my mistakes.

Right, back to more serious matters. Do keep in mind that prevention is better than cure. Incorporate these eye care tips into your daily life and minimize the risk of ever developing defective vision in the first place.

Eye exercises
These are very popular ways of improving eyesight. They appeal because it's simplistic and mechanistic. No "new-age" philosophy to endure nor are there any doubts that one is doing it wrongly. A collection of classic exercises.

Do they actually work? Not according to a Taiwanese study of school children who faithfully carry out the exercises. But perhaps other factors like school stress and overwork are negating any possible benefits of eye exercises. I remain cautiously optimistic (this has become my pet phrase of late).

Source

See these links for the details:

Bates method

Eye care tips

Eye exercises

:wasalamex

Uthman
04-28-2007, 02:22 PM

As sister ***Umm-e-kulsum (nice name :)) mentioned, fish oil is supposd to be effective in improving vision.

You could eat plenty of Oily fish or you could try a fish oil supplement like Cod liver oil.

I have cod liver oil. Personally, I hate the taste but that is a small price to pay for the benefits it brings. :)

Qudsiyah
04-29-2007, 04:11 AM
I prefer take vit A, eat papayas, tomatoes and carrots.

zircon
04-29-2007, 10:46 PM
wow thanks everyone..they've been very helpful and beneficial!! am happy:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.