/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Types of Arabic

GhettoMuslimah
04-10-2007, 05:58 PM
:sl:
Y r there different types of Arabic?I have noticed that people from Morocco speak a bit differently than ppl from UAE.Is Saudi Arabic the most original?If u get me.

:w: :) :D :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NoName55
04-10-2007, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GhettoMuslimah
Y r there different types of Arabic?I have noticed that people from Morocco speak a bit differently than ppl from UAE.Is Saudi Arabic the most original?If u get me.
if you look at your language, then at people across your country/continent, do you find them all speaking same dialect of your language?

:w:

Pk_#2
04-10-2007, 07:28 PM
I see your a wannabe lol 'Ghetto muslimah pshhh'

^^ he's right

its with all languages i think

Allahu alim.

siFilam
04-10-2007, 07:40 PM
:salamext:

which dialect is common through out the Arab land? I mean there is always a common dialect connecting everyone through out a region. I hope I'm making sense.

wasalam
-SI-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Hanbali
04-10-2007, 07:44 PM
:salamext:

I heard that the Egyptian arabic is closest to the Qur'anic arabic. Is this true?

NoName55
04-10-2007, 07:46 PM
which dialect is common through out the Arab land? I mean there is always a common dialect connecting everyone through out a region. I hope I'm making sense.
wa Alaikum Salaam
probably syria and lebenon's hotel staff speak more international type than the abbreviated egyptian version? methinks so but knows not for certain
I heard that the Egyptian arabic is closest to the Qur'anic arabic. Is this true?
I don't think so,because I think they use half words

Mawaddah
04-10-2007, 07:56 PM

Well it's just the same with every other language, they have their dialects, and then some countries are affected by other cultures who stay there etc etc.

The closest to the language of the Qur'an would probably be Saudi Arabic, or Yemeni Arabic. At least they still keep the original pronounciation of most of the letters particularly Saudi Arabic. Aslo the slang isn't that wayyyyyy off. Egyptian Arabic and Lebanese, Moroccan Arabic is out of the line already, some of it is hardly understandable.

Bottom line is that it's just dialects.

Woodrow
04-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Moroccan Arabic is out of the line already, some of it is hardly understandable.
But I love it. It was were I originally learned Arabic. As a result, nobody can understand me when I speak Arabic. But, it is a very creative language. It has very many French and Spanish pronunciations thrown it and even some Some Spanish and French words. also quite a few Berber words and pronunciations. It even has some American slang thrown in. Wow-Kha(often slurred to sound like Waka) is frequently used for Na'am and that was an off shoot of the American slang OK. The exclamation Ka is used in nearly every sentence. With no particular pattern but is never written into a sentence.

Oddly in spite of the difficulties in understanding spoken Arabic from country to Country. The Written Arabic is understood in all Arabic Speaking countries.

The Arabic in the Qur'an is identical world wide.

Samira_01
04-13-2007, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GhettoMuslimah

yep. not every arabic country speaks the same dialect.. all arabic countries have different acsents.. none are the same ..

and i think none of the arabic countries speak the orginally arabic(fasi7i) that was first spoken at the prophets time.

Ma'asalama :)

Talibatul Ilm
04-14-2007, 05:40 AM
how about Qurans that are in warsh? what type of arabic is that? where did it originate from, does anyone know much about the background of that? as majority of people use Qurans that are written in Hafs

Woodrow
04-14-2007, 06:15 AM
The only thing that differs is the print type, the spelling of the words, the grammar, punctuation and all else are identical. the dialect would be the Qur'anic Dialect, which at the time was the only Arabic in Use.

the various letter types would have occured almost immediatly, as each scribe had his own style. Several different letter styles were used. The most beautiful styles were the ones copied and handed down to today.

Arabic calligraphy is an art form. The words and letters are the same letters, but different font type. Similar to the differences between old english letters and Ariel font. It has no effect on the word or the meanings much like: style is the same word as STYLE

I do not believe the Qur'anic dialectic is spoken any place as the colloqual dialect although there is debate as if the Saudi or Egyptian is the closest. From what I underststand most people agree the Saudi is.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.