/* */

PDA

View Full Version : dropping out of uni

noahs_arc
04-11-2007, 02:13 PM
:sl:

im in a dilema.

im 1st year at uni on a course that's ok.

in england to get into uni you need a levels. in my a levels i got grades ACC.

My 1st year finishes in 2 months. but i don't really like the course im on.

im thinking of ressiting my a levels so that i can improve my chances of getting on another course.

but should i drop out end of 1st year and resit or stay on 2nd year and resit? any ideas?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
04-11-2007, 02:15 PM
salamualikum.
Well sis what course you taking?? and you know personally i would say if it's worthless then drop it and resit. But it's all down to you
Ma'assalama

noahs_arc
04-11-2007, 02:20 PM
ok this is going to sound really farfetched but here it goes..

im on a 4 year teacher training degree.

my a levels were in chemistry biology and sociology. like i said i got ACC.

the course i am on is not challenging or stimulating. and i am thinking of resiiting in order to try to inshallah achieve AAA and then apply for medicine.

its really farfetched i know..but then again i don't know. i'm confused

Kittygyal
04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
salamualikum.
Okay you need to sit down and think really carefully about this one ukthi inshallah :)

If you think you will get good grades and if you think you have the strength to reach your aspirational then i guess you should resit them and try your best to aim for AAA inshallah. Hey think about it you haven't got long left for this course to be completed then i suggest you should stay on and then find a better Uni to go to and complete your asprational that you are aiming for inshallah

Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
04-11-2007, 02:24 PM
If I were you I would complete this year anyway as there isn't long to go and incase I might want to continue with it later on, then look for universities that accept my current grades to get into a medicine degree.

noahs_arc
04-11-2007, 02:29 PM
thanks guys.

well i'm definatley going to complete this year it's just 2nd year i'm sacred that if i do resit an get the grades i won't get in anywhere.

no uni is going to accept ACC when there are people applying with AAAA i don't know whether to drop out.

the risk is around 30:70

Kittygyal
04-11-2007, 02:33 PM
salamualikum.
Well sis carry on till the first year finishes as you don't have long to go then inshallah resit the ones that you have to in your second year hence if you do or don't get the grades allah hu alim, but sis be proud because big up you've done alot many people can't even get in to Uni because of there G.C.S.E. grades *mention no names :X* so i say sis your a brave las :)
Ma'assalama

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
04-11-2007, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noahs_arc
thanks guys.

well i'm definatley going to complete this year it's just 2nd year i'm sacred that if i do resit an get the grades i won't get in anywhere.

no uni is going to accept ACC when there are people applying with AAAA i don't know whether to drop out.

the risk is around 30:70
Have you checked the Uni Prospectus?? Im sure there are uni's that will just dpends if you are willing to go to them.

Ghira
04-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Talk to your counselor for the major you are interested in and ask him/her what your options are...Each univ. has different rules.

alibaba
08-29-2007, 06:21 PM
don't drop out

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.