/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eating while fasting

PSmuslim
04-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Assalaamualaikum,

I was fasting voluntarily but forgot that for a moment and drank a little bit juice. Does this cut my fasting, because it's just voluntary fast?

Thank you for answering

wassalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
:sl:

If you did it without realising and without having the intention to drink when you know that you are fasting, then it is ok...This is regardless if it is voluntary or not. :)

:w:

PSmuslim
04-12-2007, 09:23 AM
wa alaikummussalam
jazakAllahu khayran. What a relief!

wassalam

abu abdurrahman
04-12-2007, 09:40 AM
I know you've got your answer but i found the hadith regarding it too for your benefit:

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet (S) said:"Whoever forgets he is fasting, and eats or drinks is to complete his fast, as it is Allah who fed him and gave him something to drink." [Al-Bukhari, Muslim and others]

Ibn Abbas reported that the Prophet (S) said:" Allah has excused for my Ummah mistakes, forgetfulness and what they are forced to do".
[Tahawee, al-Hakim and Daraqutni; Sahih].

Hope it helps

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.