/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Logical, Historical and scientific accuracy of the Amazing Quran !!

Hemoo
04-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Logical, Historical and scientific accuracy of the Amazing Quran

Islam is 100% compatible with scientific facts

ÈÓã Çááå ÇáÑÍãä ÇáÑÍíã

Request : I ask my brothers and sisters in Islam to correct me if I am wrong in any of the following because I am just a human and I am not infallible so I do my best & I make a research before I write any thing but I am afraid that my translation is not good enough.

First before I talk about Islam and science I want to clarify some important concepts which are:

1- Some people thinks that the word Allah is just used by Muslims to refer to GOD and this idea is surely wrong, if you open the Arabic translated version of the bible (old and new testaments) you will find the word Allah in Arabic Çááå.

2- we Muslims declare that Allah has all perfect attributes and we know that Allah far above any kind of imperfection.

3- we Muslims declare that Allah knows every thing, every thing that was and every thing that is and every thing that will be.

this can be found in many verses in the Qur`an :

here is a Qur`anic meaning translation: 002.029And Allah is knower of all things

and we Muslims don’t accept the meaning of the following repeatedly mentioned verse in the old testament in Genesis : “and God saw that it was good”

this verse obviously means that God didn’t know what his creation will be except after he created it and looked to it. And this means that the bible is accusing God to be imperfect.

4- we Muslims declare that Allah is capable of doing all things without the possibility of being tired or needing rest.

this also can be found in many verses in the Qur`an :

here is a Qur`anic meaning translation: 003.165 surely Allah has power over all things.

also 050.038 And certainly We created the heavens and the earth and what is between them in six periods and there touched Us not any fatigue.

and Islamic religion can’t accept the following mentioned verse in the old testament in Genesis : 002:002 and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

Its also not acceptable in Islam to approve what the bible mentioned that God sleeps, regrets of some of his actions, eat, drink, go to the WC ,etc

5- Although Allah is capable of doing any thing but Allah never do a thing that can be disgraceful (such as making himself a human) or any thing that contradicts with his Full capabilities. Because it is impossible that the creator becomes like his creation.

6- we Muslims know that the Quran and the Sunna of the Prophet (Hadith) hasn’t been altered or changed like it’s mentioned in the Quran :
015.009 : We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).
we are sure that every important event that happened in the time of the prophet and every revelation concerning the religion of Islam and every thing the prophet said or made or approved, all of that is now between our hands in Quran and Authentic Hadiths.
For you to understand why are we Muslims so sure of our texts you must learn about the sciences of Hadith also named the science of “Isnad” which contains about 65 sub fields, you will then realize how did Muslims preserve their holy texts.
Here is an introduction for the science of Hadith (I didn’t review the whole site)
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/scienceofhadith/atit.html and
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/scienceofhadith/brief1/

Besides the Muslims has a high ability of memorization which has participated in the preserving of the Quran and Sunna. You can easily find among Muslims many young childrens and Muslims in different ages memorize many chapters of the Quran and some of them memorize the whole 114 chapter of the Quran even among the non Arab Muslims.
054.017: And in truth We have made the Qur'an easy to remember; but is there any that remembereth?

Note: the word Sunna means the way or teachings of the prophet (every thing of his acting, saying, acceptances and can also include his manners and attributes).
However, the same word is also used in other occasions as a definition to refer to a deed that is not obligatory to do but a desirable deed.

7- We Muslims know that the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is a real messenger which Allah has sent and that he is honest and infallible in every thing he said, did and confirmed.
And to be able to prove to you that he is a prophet then we must know how to distinguish between the characteristics of honest prophet and the false one.
Definitely, this subject will need a whole article that will be showing the biography of Muhammad (P.B.U.H) and the honesty of him and his modesty even in his clothes and house and this shows that he wasn’t seeking to be rich and he was only seeking the life in paradise.
he even rejected an offer from the disbelievers of the Quraysh tribe, they offered to give him what he wants from the money and to make him as one of leaders of the tribe but he must leave this message that he is calling the people to follow.

8- for any one to be able to fully understand the Islamic texts he must as a start have a good knowledge of the Arabic language including the words meanings and the grammatical rules and the types of the eloquence. We Muslims know that only the Arabic text is sacred and perfect, so no Muslim can perform his prayers using the translation.
Note: the translation of the meaning of the holy Quran is not perfect and sometimes contains errors and wrong translation, so these translations can only be considered as an approach for understanding.

Another note: we Muslims know that even the scholars who explained the Quran their explanations are not perfect and they can be wrong in some of their explanation but we also know that in the interpretations and explanations of the previous Muslims they have done their best to understand the verses of the Quran.

* when explaining the Quran there are some rules and principles which are :
A- explaining some Quranic verses by other clearer verses.
B- Explaining the Quran using the Hadith of the prophet.
C- Explaining the Quran by referring to the explanation made by the companions of the prophet (specially ABD ULLAH IBN MASOOD & ABD ULLAH IBN ABBAS).
D- Returning to the books of TAFSIR by the major scholars of Islam.(such as IBN KATHIR, IBN GARIR ALTABARI, IBN ELARABY, etc)
E- Opening the Arabic dictionaries and knowing the roots and meanings of the words and learning the ways of the Arabic language.
So all of these ways can be used altogether to determine the real meaning and also you can go to the Arabic dictionaries to see if what the current Muslims saying about the scientific miracles is true or false...

9- I want to clarify that the Quran and the Hadith verses is used basically to know the laws of Islam and the commands that Allah wants us to do and prohibitions that Allah wants us to avoid.
So not the Quran nor the hadith books are a science books ,although they don’t contradict with the scientific facts.

10- So what I said in the previous points there is a conclusion which is:
We Muslims are sure of our holy texts authenticity (the Quran and Sunna) and we are sure of the sincerity and truthfulness of prophet Muhammad and we know that Allah (the most knolgable and most capable) has reaveled his words to the prophet Muhammad
So that’s why we are sure that our holy texts (Quran & authentic Hadith) can’t have any contradictions with the historical or scientific facts .

Before I talk about the historical and scientific accuracies of the Quran and sunna I want to say that the main miracle of the Quran is in its formations and eloquence and in it’s accurate using of the words besides it’s perfect using of the Arabic grammar and the Quran itself challenged those poets and fluent Arab to just form one chapter similar to the Quran but they couldn’t.
In the Quran translation :
And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides Allah, if your (doubts) are true.

* In the Quran you will see the logical arguments and perfect using of words and giving examples to explain some ideas and above all of that no one was able to alter the Quran for more than 1400 years which is considered a miracle by itself

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hemoo
04-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Historical Accuracy in the Quran
the historical miracles of the Quran is more obvious than the scientific miracles because the scholars which explained the Quran already knew about history but they didn’t have enough scientific knowledge to be able to realize the scientific accuracy of the holy Quran.
And here are some of the historical accuracies: (note that the numbers between brackets the first refers to the chapter and the second refers to the verses)

1-in the Quran translation:

We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: "I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit to Allah in Islam." (10.90) – It was said to him: "Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief and violence! (10.91) – "This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! But verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!" (10.92).

So in the Quran we knew that the body of this pharaoh was saved and it will be one of the signs to the unbelievers and surely It is.
Even Dr. Maurice Bucaille has accepted Islam after he knew this verse because he was one of those who were analyzing the body of this pharaoh after it has been only discovered in year 1881 and he found the presence of salt inside his body and so he knew that he has dead after drowning in the sea.

Note: I would like to mention also the prophecy of the Quran, which said that some people among the mankind are heedless of Allah’s Signs.

2-in the Quran translation:

The Romans have been defeated (30.2) – In the nearer land, and they, after their defeat will be victorious (30.3) – Within a Few years. Allah's is the command in the former case and in the latter. And in that day believers will rejoice (30.4)

This verse was revealed to Muhammad (P.B.U.H) after the Romans where defeated and it prophesized that the Romans will gain victory over the Persian emperor after few (from 3 to 9 years) and it happened after 7 years.
So the prophecy of the Quran has occurred in the year 627

3- in the Quran translation:

Perdition overtake both hands of Abu Lahab, and he will perish. (111.001) – His wealth and gains will not exempt him (111.002) He shall burn in fire of Blazing Flame (111.003)

In those previous verses, it is so obvious that this man named ABU LAHAB will die as a disbeliever and he will go to hell.
and it’s really astounding that this man didn’t even try to pretend and declare him self as a Muslim so that then every one will say that the Quran is wrong, but no he was still an enemy to Muslims until he died.

In addition, this really proves that the Quran is the words of Allah, because only Allah know what will happen and how will people behave in the future.
In addition, the Quran mentioned about the prophet (P.B.U.H) that:
Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire. (53.3) it is naught but revelation that is revealed to him (53.4)

So

4-in the prophet’s hadith:

The prophet has prophesized that after he dies the Muslims will open and conquest Egypt and that, the treasures of Khosrau (he was the king of Persian emperor) will be opened and taken, and here is another hadith:

Narated By Jabir bin Samura : The Prophet said, "When Khosrau perishes, there will be no more Khosrau after him, and when Caesar perishes, there will be no more Caesar after him," The Prophet also said, "You will spend the treasures of both of them in Allah's Cause." (Authentic Sahih Bukhari)
5- in the prophet’s hadith:

Narated By Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari : That he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful.

And all of what the prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) said did indeed happen. There are even Fiqh scholars that says that the music is allowed and some Muslims do the same about the other three prohibitions mentioned in the previous Hadith.

6- Another hadith:

Narated By 'Adi bin Hatim : While I was in the city of the Prophet, a man came and complained to him (the Prophet) of destitution and poverty. Then another man came and complained of robbery (by highwaymen). The Prophet said, "Adi! Have you been to Al-Hira?" I said, "I haven't been to it, but I was informed about it." He said, "If you should live for a long time, you will certainly see that a lady in a Howdah traveling from Al-Hira will (safely reach Mecca and) perform the Tawaf of the Ka'ba, fearing none but Allah." I said to myself, "What will happen to the robbers of the tribe of Tai who have spread evil through out the country?" The Prophet further said. "If you should live long, the treasures of Khosrau will be opened (and taken as spoils)." I asked, "You mean Khosrau, son of Hurmuz?" He said, "Khosrau, son of Hurmuz; and if you should live long, you will see that one will carry a handful of gold or silver and go out looking for a person to accept it from him, but will find none to accept it from him. And any of you, when meeting Allah, will meet Him without needing an interpreter between him and Allah to interpret for him, and Allah will say to him: 'Didn't I send a messenger to teach you?' He will say: 'Yes.' Allah will say: 'Didn't I give you wealth and do you favors?' He will say: 'Yes.' Then he will look to his right and see nothing but Hell, and look to his left and see nothing but Hell."

'Adi further said: I heard the Prophet saying, "Save yourself from the (Hell) Fire even with half a date (to be given in charity) and if you do not find a half date, then with a good pleasant word." 'Adi added: (later on) I saw a lady in a Howdah traveling from Al-Hira till she performed the Tawaf of the Ka'ba, fearing none but Allah. And I was one of those who opened (conquered) the treasures of Khosrau, son of Hurmuz. If you should live long, you will see what the Prophet Abu-l-Qasim had said: 'A person will come out with a handful of gold etc (authentic Sahih Bukhari)

and wait for additional infos soon
:)

Hemoo
04-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Scientific Accuracy in the Quran

Here I will only try to mention the easily understood verses in the Quran that is compatible with the scientific facts.

So although the holy Quran is not a specialized science book but no one can ever deny its scientific accuracy and here are some of these accuracies:

1- in the Quran translation:
It is He Who has let free the two bodies of flowing water: One palatable and sweet, and the other salt and bitter; yet has He made a barrier between them, a partition that is forbidden to be passed. (25.53)

&

He has made the two seas to flow freely (so that) they meet together: (55.19) - Between them is a Barrier which they do not transgress: (55.20) - Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny? (55.21)

And then comes the modern science of Oceanography and assures this facts that is mentioned in the holy Quran
For more about this issue visit: http://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-e.htm

2- in the Quran translation:
Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe? (21.30)

In the previous verse, we find two important statements, which are:

A) That the earth and the heavens had the same origin, and here is what a geologist scientist said:

Dr. Alfred Kroner is one of the world’s renowned geologists. He is Professor of Geology and the Chairman of the Department of Geology at the Institute of Geosciences, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany. He said: “Thinking where Muhammad came from . . . I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found out within the last few years, with very complicated and advanced technological methods, that this is the case.” (View the video http://www.islam-guide.com/video/kroner-1.ram). In addition, he said: “Somebody who did not know something about nuclear physics fourteen hundred years ago could not, I think, be in a position to find out from his own mind, for instance, that the earth and the heavens had the same origin.” (View the video http://www.islam-guide.com/video/kroner-2.ram).

B) that the water is indeed an important material for every living thing, and Here is what Dr. Maurice Bucaille (he is a former chief of the Surgical Clinic, University of Paris, has for a long time deeply interested in the correspondences between the teachings of the Holy Scriptures and modern secular knowledge.) Said about this verse in his book:

“The notion of 'getting something out of something' does not give rise to any doubts. The phrase can equally mean that every living thing was made of water (as its essential component) or that every living thing originated in water. The two possible meanings are strictly in accordance with scientific data. Life is in fact of aquatic origin and water is the major component of all living cells. Without water, life is not possible. When the possibility of life on another planet is discussed, the first question is always: does it contain a sufficient quantity of water to support life?”

And the sun runs on to a term appointed for it; that is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing. (36.38)

From this statement, we conclude that the sun is actually running and moving in a high speed to reach a certain point.

And comes the modern science to inform us of the fact that the sun is really moving inside our Galaxy .

and (If Allah wills)

My posts is to be continued

alalbany junior
04-14-2007, 08:47 PM
very good work...

god bless you bro...

keep up the good work..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hemoo
04-16-2007, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alalbany junior
very good work...

god bless you bro...

keep up the good work..
jazak Allah khayran brother for you encouragement & baraka Allah fek

and i am looking forward to the comments of my brothers and sisters of islam ..

Hemoo
05-18-2007, 02:26 PM
More in

And the sun runs on to a term appointed for it; that is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing. (36.38)

From this statement, we conclude that the sun is actually running and moving in a high speed to reach a certain point.

And comes the modern science to inform us of the fact that the sun is really moving inside our Galaxy.

According to astronomers' calculations, the Sun moves along a path known as the Solar Apex in the path of the star Vega at an incredible speed of 720,000 kmph (447,000 mph). In rough terms, this shows that the Sun traverses some 17.28 million km (10.74 million miles) a day.

And Dr. Maurice Bucaille mentioned in his book:
“The Sun travels at roughly 150 miles per second”

For another reference, visit
http://solar-center.stanford.edu/FAQ/Qsolsysspeed.html

4- in the Quran translation:

And we have made the sky a roof withheld (from them). Yet they turn away from its portents. (021.032) - And He it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They float (Swim), each in an orbit. (021.033)

In the previous two verses, it states two important facts, which are:

A) There is something above us in the sky that protects us from dangerous space objects (such as comets, meteors, harmful radiations, ultraviolet rays, etc)

And this attribute of the sky has been proved by scientific research carried out in the 20th century: The atmosphere surrounding the Earth serves crucial functions for the continuity of life. While destroying many meteors-big and small-as they approach the Earth, it prevents them from falling to Earth and harming living things.

In addition, the atmosphere filters the light rays coming from space that are harmful to living things. The most striking feature of the atmosphere is that it lets only harmless and useful rays-visible light, near ultraviolet light and radio waves pass through. All of this radiation is vital for life. Near ultraviolet rays, which are only partially let in by the atmosphere, are very important for the photosynthesis of plants and for the survival of all living beings. The majority of the intense ultraviolet rays emitted from the Sun are filtered out by the ozone layer of the atmosphere. Only a limited and essential part of the ultraviolet spectrum reaches the Earth.

The protective function of the atmosphere does not end here. The atmosphere also protects the earth from the freezing cold of the space, which is approximately -270oC.

It is not only the atmosphere that protects the Earth from harmful effects. In addition to the atmosphere, the Van Allen Belt-the layer caused by the magnetic field of the Earth-also serves as a shield against the harmful radiation that threatens our planet. This radiation, which is constantly emitted by the Sun and other stars, is deadly to living things. If the Van Allen belt did not exist, the massive outbursts of energy called solar flares that frequently occur in the Sun would destroy all life on Earth.

For more about this subject visit :
http://www.-----------------------/scientific_20.html

B) Both the sun & the moon have orbits in which they run in.
The word Float or swim in the above verse is expressed in Arabic by the word "sabaha" and is used to describe the movement of the Sun in space. The word means that the Sun does not move randomly through space but that it rotates around its axis and follows a course as it does so. The fact that the Sun is not fixed in position but rather follows a specific trajectory is also stated in another verse, which I mentioned earlier:

These fact set out in the Qur'an were only discovered by means of astronomical advances in our own time. According to astronomers' calculations, the Sun moves along a path known as the Solar Apex in the path of the star Vega at an incredible speed of 720,000 kmph (447,000 mph). In rough terms, this shows that the Sun traverses some 17.28 million km (10.74 million miles) a day. As well as the Sun itself, all the planets and satellites within its gravitational field also travel the same distance.

vpb
05-18-2007, 02:28 PM
:sl:

jazakallah khair bro.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Some good stuff bro, MashaAllah. May Allah(swt) reward you.
JazakAllah Khair.

:sl:

zoro
05-19-2007, 08:08 AM
hemoo: re. the “logical… accuracy of the… Qur’an”, could you resolve for me the apparent logical inconsistency in Qur’an 4: 11-12 and Qur’an 4: 176? In those inheritance laws, the total property distributed seems to be greater than the amount available: in the first, the fractions seem to add to one and an eighth and in the second, they seem to add to one and a quarter.

Uthman
05-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Greetings zoro,

Thanks for the question. The answer to your question can be found here, but I will quote it for you. :)

The Inheritance Law

By :
Ansar Al-'Adl

The allegation is as follows:

And it just doesn't add up: Sura 4:11-12 and 4:176 state the Qur'anic inheritance law. When a man dies, and is leaving behind three daughters, his two parents and his wife, they will receive the respective shares of 2/3 for the 3 daughters together, 1/3 for the parents together [both according to verse 4:11] and 1/8 for the wife [4:12] which adds up to more than the available estate. A second example: A man leaves only his mother, his wife and two sisters, then they receive 1/3 [mother, 4:11], 1/4 [wife, 4:12] and 2/3 [the two sisters, 4:176], which again adds up to 15/12 of the available property.
The verses mentioned are the following:
4:11-12 Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females; if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left a child; if no child, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth. The distribution in all cases (is) after the payment of legacies and debts. Ye know not whether your parents or your children are nearest to you in benefit. These are settled portions ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.

In what your wives leave, your share is a half, if they leave no child; but if they leave a child, ye get a fourth; after payment of legacies and debts. In what ye leave, their share is a fourth, if ye leave no child; but if ye leave a child, they get an eighth; after payment of legacies and debts. If the man or woman whose inheritance is in question, has left neither ascendants nor descendants, but has left a brother or a sister, each one of the two gets a sixth; but if more than two, they share in a third; after payment of legacies and debts; so that no loss is caused (to any one). Thus is it ordained by Allah. and Allah is All-knowing, Most Forbearing.

4:176 They ask thee for a legal decision. Say: Allah directs (thus) about those who leave no descendants or ascendants as heirs. If it is a man that dies, leaving a sister but no child, she shall have half the inheritance: If (such a deceased was) a woman, who left no child, Her brother takes her inheritance: If there are two sisters, they shall have two-thirds of the inheritance (between them): if there are brothers and sisters, (they share), the male having twice the share of the female. Thus doth Allah make clear to you (His law), lest ye go astray. And Allah hath knowledge of all things.
1. The first major point to note is that there are two types of inheritors. The first category are those who have recieved a fixed inheritance, which includes the spouse and the parents. The second category includes those who take their share AFTER the shares of the first category are distributed. This includes siblings and children.

So if we understand this, we know that the parents and the wife would recive their amount, and the daughters would get a share of what remains. This explanation on its own solves the problem, because:
-1/3 for the parents together
-1/8 for the wife
-And for the daughters 2/3 of what remains = 2/3 of 13/24=13/36 of the total amount

So what remains after is 13/72 of the original amount. This remaining portion is to be given to whoever the deceased person appointed as their heir. The deceased can choose to have it given in charity or to the local masjid etc. If they have not specified any destination for the remaining wealth then it is given to the closest male relative.

After understanding this, it become clear that the allegation is based on ignorance of the fact that siblings and children get the remaining wealth after the parents and spouse have taken their share. Islamic rulings come from both the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

2. Let us now address the specific claims. The first claim is that 2/3 (daughters) +1/3 (parents) +1/8 (wife) will add up to more than available. But the truth is that the Qur'an does not specify what the parents and the wife will recieve if there are three daughters. The Qur'an states that the parents get 1/6 each if the deceased left a child. And the wife gets 1/8 if the deceased left a child. Both times it is singular, but in the proposed scenario, there are three daughters, not one.
Some confusion may have caused this misunderstanding because in some translations, the word walad (child) is mistranslated as children. But in most translations like Pickthall, Asad, Shakir, Daryabadi, Irving, etc. the word has been correctly translated in the singular form.

3. The second claim is that 1/3 (mother) + 1/4 (wife) + 2/3 (two sisters) also adds up to more than available. Again, one of the shares being used is not mentioned in the Qur'an. The number 2/3 is derived from verse 4:176, which speaks of a Kalalah, a man who leaves no descendants nor ascendants. In other words, the mother's share is not mentioned in this scenario. Verse 4:176 is for the deceased who does not have any children nor parents. So the problem is once again, confusing values from different scenarios.

4. One may also object that in the case of a deceased with no descendants nor ascendants, verse 4:12 appears to allocate 1/6 of the wealth to the brother and sister each (or 1/3 together), while verse 4:176 gives 2/3 to the same group in the same scenario. The first point that may be mentioned in response to this is that verse 4:12 speaks of a brother and a sister, while verse 4:176 speaks of two sisters and no brothers. So again, this is a confusion of two different cases. Secondly, there is a prevalent interpretation mentioned in the tafsir that verse 4:12 speaks of a brother and sister from the mother, while verse 4:176 speaks of full siblings. It is mentioned by Ibn Kathir commenting on verse 4:12:
Allah says,
(But has left a brother or a sister), meaning, from his mother's side, as some of the Salaf stated, including Sa`d bin Abi Waqqas. Qatadah reported that this is the view of Abu Bakr As-Siddiq.
Hence, this was how it was explained by Prophet Muhammad to his companions, and his Sunnah is a source of rulings in Islam. Some commentators take the view that verse 4:12 gives instructions on the inheritance for others that the deceased may nominate.

5. The last point that needs to be mentioned here is in regards to the inheritance of women in comparison to men. Many may wonder why the womna recives half of that given to the man. The answer has been provided by muslim scholars. Ibn Kathir explains in his tafsir:
The people of Jahiliyyah used to give the males, but not the females, a share in the inheritance. Therefore, Allah commands that both males and females take a share in the inheritance, although the portion of the males is twice as much as that of the females. There is a distinction because men need money to spend on their dependants, commercial transactions, work and fulfillling their obligations. Consequently, men get twice the portion of the inheritance that females get.
Dr. Zakir Naik further elaborates:
In Islam a woman has no financial obligation and the economical responsibility lies on the shoulders of the man. Before a woman is married it is the duty of the father or brother to look after the lodging, boarding, clothing and other financial requirements of the woman. After she is married it is the duty of the husband or the son. Islam holds the man financially responsible for fulfilling the needs of his family. In order to do be able to fulfill the responsibility the men get double the share of the inheritance. For example, if a man dies and after giving the shares of other relatives, if the children (i.e one son and one daughter) inherit Rs. One Hundred and Fifty Thousand, the son will inherit One Hundred Thousand rupees and the daughter only Fifty Thousand rupees. Out of the one hundred thousand which the son inherits, as his duty towards his family, he may have to spend on them almost the entire amount or say about eighty thousand and thus he has a small percentage of inheritance, say about twenty thousand, left for himself. On the other hand, the daughter, who inherits fifty thousand, is not bound to spend a single penny on anybody. She can keep the entire amount for herself. Would you prefer inheriting one hundred thousand rupees and spending eighty thousand from it, or inheriting fifty thousand rupees and having the entire amount to yourself?
And an additional explanation is provided by Moiz Amjad:
The Qur'an says:
You know not who among your children and your parents are nearest to you in benefit. This is the law of Allah. Indeed Allah is wise, all knowing.

Obviously, the extent of help and co-operation which a person receives from his parents, children and other close relatives cannot, normally, be paralleled by any other association. Undoubtedly, the world has always considered the kins of a deceased as the rightful beneficiaries of the wealth that he leaves behind. But certain issues, in this regard, have always remained unresolved. For instance, who among the relatives is nearest with respect to the benefits he holds for the deceased, and how should the shares of inheritance be calculated on this basis. It is not that the human endeavour in this regard has fallen prey to lack of application, rather it is due to certain inherrent limitations of the human mind which have made this task beyond its reach. Love, hatred, prejudice and other emotions have made it very difficult for the human intellect to come to grips with this challenge. Consequently, the wise and the all knowing has Himself guided mankind in this regard to relieve them from the disorders which have originated and can originate on this account.

Thus, the basic principle on which the shares of the various relatives of the deceased have been assigned is the benefit that accrues or can accrue from these relations to the deceased.
After having examined the claims, we find that they are built on misunderstandings. The Qur'an does not address the cases mentioned, and the reason is because the Qur'an gives the general details, while the Prophet Muhammad's teachings go in more detail in explaining the Qur'anic concepts. If the reader requires further clarification, they may examine the articles provided at the start.

Regards, and I'll see you around. :)

zoro
05-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Osman: Thank you for your thorough explanation.

hemoo (or Osman): Please address the following issue.

In your post #6 you suggest that the Qur’an is describing the motion of the Sun within our galaxy. Yet, at many places in the Qur’an (e.g., 21: 33 and 31:29), the motion of the Sun (and Moon) are related to the changes we see from day to night, e.g., in those verses, respectively,

It is He who created The Night and Day, And the Sun and Moon; each of them Swim (float) along in its own course.
Seest thou not that Allah merges Night into Day and He merges Day into Night; That He has subjected the sun and moon (to His law), each running its course for a term (time) appointed.
I would then ask: since the motion of the Sun within our galaxy has nothing to do with our experiencing day vs. night, aren’t you inappropriately mixing the two motions?

Hemoo
06-08-2007, 01:34 PM
sorry for not respnding earlier but i am currently busy

format_quote Originally Posted by zoro
I would then ask: since the motion of the Sun within our galaxy has nothing to do with our experiencing day vs. night, aren’t you inappropriately mixing the two motions?
well, it is obvious that you wrongly understand the verses of the Quran because

first: the verses did not mention that the night and day are formed by the motion of the sun and moon.

second:the first verse mentioned that Allah created the night, day, the sun, the moon but it did not say that the motion of the sun and the moon causes the night and day.

the second verse mentioned that both the sun and the moon are subjected and utilized to serve the needs of the human being (such as energy, lighting at day and night, etc)but it did not mention that they are forming the day and night by their motion.

third:it is well-known that the existence and creation of the sun makes the day as it is known now because the sun give us light and energy and the creation of the moon makes the night as we know it now because it makes the night a calm time with a soft and low light.

so without the CREATION of the sun and the moon we could have never experienced the day and night as we know how perfect are they.

Hemoo
06-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Future prophecies:

1- in one of the hadith of the prophet (P.B.U.H) he said:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who seeks repentance (from the Lord) before the rising of the sun from the west (before the Day of Resurrection), Allah turns to him with Mercy. (mentioned in both the book of Sahih Bukhary & Sahih Muslim)

As this fact is so strange and so hard on people to understand. And it makes the one wonder how did the prophet could have known such thing or how even he could have thought of such idea. It must be through revelation.

(PS: i removed what i mentioned untill i make sure it is a right scientific conclusion)

So because we have realized the honesty and the proven prophecies of the prophet that i mentioned earlier in this thread, it is a sure thing that the people living on planet earth will someday see the sun rising from the west instead from the east and then there will be no chance for repenting or for being forgived by Allah the Almighty.

Chuck
06-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Salam brother,

retrograde motion doesn't mean sun will rise from the west on mars. It has nothing to do with the spining axis of mars.

format_quote Originally Posted by hemoo
More in

5- in one of the hadith of the prophet (P.B.U.H) he said:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who seeks repentance (from the Lord) before the rising of the sun from the west (before the Day of Resurrection), Allah turns to him with Mercy. (mentioned in both the book of Sahih Bukhary & Sahih Muslim)

As this fact is so strange and so hard on people to understand. And it makes the one wonder how did the prophet could have known such thing or how even he could have thought of such idea. It must be through revelation.

Here is what the Scientists said that the same thing happened with mars and that the planet did a backward motion.

The article mentioned in www.Space.com in which a scientist named “Joe Rao” in the date 25 July 2003 posted it, the article title is “Space watch Friday: Reverse Course! Mars Motion soon to be Backward “, you can read it in this link:

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/mars_retrograde_030725.html

In the article, it mentioned that, “On Wednesday, July 30, that steady eastward course will come to a stop. Then, for the next two months, the planet will move backward against the star background - toward the west. On Sept. 29 it will pause again before resuming its normal eastward direction.
All the planets exhibit retrograde motion at one time or another”

To be able to understand this information it is good to also read this article by professor “Joe Rao”:

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/where_is_mars.html

he mentioned the following information’s about Mars “By the end of August, however, it will be rising at sunset, reaching its highest point in the middle of the night and setting at sunrise.”

so now we know that it is a very possible thing that the people living on planet earth will someday see the sun rising from the west but then there will be no chance for repenting or for being forgived by Allah the Almighty.

Hemoo
06-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Wassalam brother Chuck,

are you sure of what you said ? are you a specialist in the Astronomy field?

because you must read the two articles to fully understand this issue.

note in the second article it says "By the end of August, however, it will be rising at sunset, reaching its highest point in the middle of the night and setting at sunrise."

and i have an arabic article that explains it all, if you like i can send it to you.

and thanks for you post brother.

Hemoo
05-31-2010, 02:38 PM
i'm upping the thread

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.