/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Male Devotee of Allah

unknown_JJ
04-12-2007, 09:58 PM
THE YAQEEN OF A LAD

Sheikh Fatah Musali (rahmatullahi alayh) narrates: “I saw a minor boy walking in the wilderness. His lips were moving. I made Salaam and he responded. I asked: ‘Son! Where are you off to?’ He said: ‘I am proceeding to Baitullah.’”
Sheikh: “With which words are you moving your lips?”
Lad: “With the Qur`aan.”
Sheikh: “You are yet a minor. The laws are not yet incumbent on you.”
Lad: “I am observing that Maut is claiming even those younger than me.”
Sheikh: “Your feet are still small and the road difficult and long.”
Lad: “It is Allah’s responsibility to enable me to reach the destination.”
Sheikh: “Where are your provisions and mount?”
Lad: “Yaqeen is my provision and my feet are my mount.”
Sheikh: “I am asking about your food and water.”
Lad: “O Uncle! If a person invites you to his home, is it proper to take food along to his house?”
Sheikh: “No!”
Lad: “My King is calling His servants to His House. The weakness of their Yaqeen constrains them to take along food, while I believe this to be highly disrespectful. Do you think that He will allow me to be destroyed?”
Sheikh: “Never!”

Sheikh Fatah continues: “The lad then disappeared from my sight. I saw him again in Makkah. When our eyes met, he said: ‘O Sheikh! You are still dwelling in weakness as far as Yaqeen is concerned.’”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
04-12-2007, 10:01 PM
:sl:

Alhamdulillah such a pious boy, May Allah reward him and give us all the ability to have such Iman..Ameen

Jazakallah Khair for sharing

siFilam
04-12-2007, 10:03 PM
:salamext:

wow, Mashallah. great story. May Allah increase our Yaqeen. Ameen.

wasalam
-SI-

FatimaAsSideqah
04-12-2007, 10:06 PM
:sl:

MashAllah! JakahAllah Khair for the good post!

Yaqeen means

Ilm al-yaqîn (the knowledge of Certainty)
The first degree is referred to by the name ‘ilm al-yaqîn (the knowledge of Certainty), which means that Certainty is the result of knowledge. At this degree the object of Certainty is knowledge just as the aim of knowledge is Certainty. Both together are in the soul uniquely, such that Certainty is the first degree of spiritual life and the last of speculative experience. This particular degree of mystical yaqîn is the result of divine theophanies in Act at the level of existence and also the result of theophanies of lights of nature at the gnostic level.

Ayn al-yaqîn (the Eye of Certainty)
The second degree of yaqîn is what one calls in Sufi terms ayn al-yaqîn (the Eye of Certainty), that is, Certainty as a consequence of contemplation and vision. At this level, the object of Certainty is present in front of the gnostic and is not only a speculative concept. Here knowledge becomes what one calls 'ilm-e-huzuri’’ (Presence of knowledge), and that is the second aspect of Certainty in the spiritual way and in liberating experience. By this kind of knowledge, the man of the Way is distinguished from philosophers and learned men. This particular degree of spiritual Certainty is the result of divine theophanies of Attributes at the level of existence, just as it is the result of theophanies of lights of the intellect at the level of gnosis.

Haqq al-yaqîn (the total reality of Certainty)
Finally, the last degree of yaqîn is called haqq a1-yaqîn (the total reality of Certainty), that is, Certainty as supreme truth. Here, Certainty has a particular coloring: it is the fruit of an all-embracing experience because the object of Certainty is identical to the one who is experiencing it, knowledge being transformed into actual experience and actual experience into knowledge. At this stage, in fact, knowledge is not limited to the intellect, nor to the vision of the one who is contemplating it, it becomes one with the human being. This is the final phase of yaqîn, the apotheosis of the spiritual and intellectual journey. This high degree of Sufi Certainty is the effect of the Emanation of the divine Theophanies in Essence at its existential level and that of the diffusion of the Light of lights (Dazzling Irradiations) at the level of the theophanies of the gnostic.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.