/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Understand Qura'n

Sakinah
07-31-2005, 06:31 PM
Assalamualeikum wa Rahmatullahi wa BarakatuHu!

I would like to share with you all, a great website that helps you understand the Holy Qura'n:

www.understandquran.com

For all of us who wish to learn Arabic to understand the Holy Qura'n in Arabic, this site contains lessons to learn the translation/meaning of some of the last surahs in the Quran, daily recitations and translation of the salah. The lessons are very easy and simple and you become really amazed when you learn Arabic so fast with the help of this site, Alhamdulillah.

So use this site, Inshallah, it has helped me a lot!

Waaleikumassalam! /Sakinah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nakisai
07-31-2005, 06:43 PM
thanks for sharing that.

Abu Zakariya
08-02-2005, 03:28 AM
As-salaamu 'alaykum

BarakAllah fiki sis'

I'd also recommend you all to use www.tafsir.com when trying to learn something about the meaning of a particular verse. There are different opinions among scholars when it comes to the meaning of some particular words, so tafsir.com helps you towards understanding the Qur'an better.

You all probably already knew this, but it was just a reminder, to my self also.

Muhammad
08-03-2005, 11:24 PM
:sl:

Are there any other Tafsir available other than Tafsir Ibn Kathir? And any other sites for Tafsir Ibn Kathir?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Zakariya
08-03-2005, 11:49 PM
That I don't know.

I do know, however, that you may access the Tafsir of ibn Kathir as well as Tabarani and other classic commentators, in arabic at www.thenoblequran.com

Khattab
08-04-2005, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Are there any other Tafsir available other than Tafsir Ibn Kathir? And any other sites for Tafsir Ibn Kathir?
:sl: This is probablly one of the best it takes its information from all the authentic scholars including Ibn Katheer. Comes in 8 volumes would recommend for all.

http://www.albalagh.net/bookstore/?a...view&item=0056

It is in english, very comprehensive.

:w:

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-04-2005, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khattab
This is probablly one of the best it takes its information from all the authentic scholars including Ibn Katheer. Comes in 8 volumes would recommend for all.

http://www.albalagh.net/bookstore/?a...view&item=0056

It is in english, very comprehensive.
I have that one, I've just started using it for articles recently. Its by Mufti Muhammad Shafi. I think I may be missing the last volume though because mine ends with suratul ahqaaf (volume 7). I had assumed that the last volume hasn't been translated but it seems it has, alhamdulilah.

I also have Maududi's tafisr and Qutb's tafsir in english (both are partial) and they are beneficial as well, but not as authentic as Ma'ariful Qur'an, I believe.

Khattab
08-05-2005, 11:16 PM

Yes brother there are 8 volumes, I think all have now been translated into english.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.