/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Locusts are Halal?

Talha777
04-19-2007, 12:59 PM
:sl:

So locusts are halal?

We participated with the Prophet (sallallaho alaihi wa salam) in six or seven Ghazawat, and we used to eat locusts with him (Sahih Bukhari)

I wander if they taste good. Obviously they dont have to be slaughtered and you can eat dead ones too?

A swarm of locusts

So We sent (plagues) on them: Wholesale death, LOCUSTS, Lice, Frogs, And Blood: Signs openly self-explained: but they were steeped in arrogance,- a people given to sin (7:133)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
04-19-2007, 01:07 PM

HALAL ANIMALS

The following categories are fit for Muslim consumption

• All domestic birds
  • All cattle
  • Sheep
  • Goats
  • Camels
  • All types of buck
  • Rabbits
  • Fish
  • Locusts

The only exception is that of a locust, for the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) clearly permitted its consumption, in the Hadith of Sunan Abu Dawud and Musnad Ahmad quoted earlier.

Similarly, Ibn Abi Awfa (Allah be pleased with him) was asked concerning the consuming of a locust and he said: “I fought with the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) in six or seven battles, and we used to eat it (locust) with him. “ (Sunan Abu Dawud, no: 3806)

:w:

- Qatada -
04-19-2007, 01:30 PM
:wasalamex

Jazaak Allaah khayr! We saw sooooo many in Masjid Un-Nabawi (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) when we went.. it was where the tiles are. I wonder where they came from.

:salamext:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2007, 01:32 PM

let me know how it tastes talhah777! ok :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:wasalamex

Jazaak Allaah khayr! We saw sooooo many in Masjid Un-Nabawi (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) when we went.. it was where the tiles are. I wonder where they came from.

Take a look at this link:http://www.newsdesk.umd.edu/archive/...ArticleID=1196

It seems they came from Africa..and spread through to different countries.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.