servantforever
04-20-2007, 11:36 PM
For some people, in order to be a Muslim all you need to do is pray
Other than that, there is no need to pay attention
They think that being a Muslim is easy
Whereas Islam is a way of life
It is part of our words, our actions, our silence and our feelings
That is why in our prayers we submit our oath:
To God, "My life and death is for Allah Taala".
The reason why God revealed Islamic teachings to Rasulullah PBUH
For almost 23 years
Revealed a little at a time
To make it easier to be remembered and practiced
If it was revealed all at once, it would have been difficult
If Muslims are only required to pray
It would not have taken 23 years for Islam to be revealed
So if Islam is only related to prayer
Outside of prayers, life follows that of the non-Muslims
As if that is what Islam is
There is no more beauty among the Muslims of today
Because Islam is only related to prayer
Other than that, the Muslims' attitudes are no difference than the infidels'
That is why in our society
We cannot differentiate between the Muslims and the non-Muslims
If that happens, where is the beauty in Islam?
Where is the beauty of Islam?
Where is the happiness of Islam?
Where is the uniqueness of Islam?
Especially where is the glory of Islam?
So, today Islam is being destroyed by its own people
Islam to them is only related to prayer

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
04-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Astaghfirullah

:thumbs_up

Peace!

Abdul Fattah
04-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Selam aleykum brother
It's far worse. There are people who don't pray at all and say that they are muslim because they believe in the existance of Allah subhana wa ta'ala and in the prophethood of Muhammed (peace and blessings be upon him). And they claim that will be sufficient for them.

I fear the day those people will grab me by the arm and ask me with desperation in their eyes: "why didn't you tell me?"

I'm trying brothers :cry:

*charisma*
04-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Islam began as one, and now its separated into 73 different sects.

It began with the word "iqra" and Muslims were at the height of their advancements in technology and education than the rest of civilization, but the majority of Muslims are now illiterate.

It took over 23 years to for the Quran to be relevated and Islam to be completely established, yet its taking us over hundreds of years to return to that perfect establishment.

Muslims used to be one of the greatest and strongest forces of their time, now they are weak in iman, weak in judgement, weak as an army, weak in the fear of Allah, and weak in their love for Allah.

Pure and true Da'wah has been replaced by lectures and vid clips. Allahu akbar. I feel its shameful at times when people say Islam is the largest growing religion and we boast about it like its something huge. If it was done properly, islam WOULD BE the largest religion WITH practicing Muslims who repent and cry at the sight of the grave, with numbers too high to count. Unlike now where we count anyone who says or claims to believe in the shahada is Muslim, yet you wonder how many of those who say "la illaha ilallah, muhammadan rasul allah" enforce it upon themselves to learn the true meaning of those words in its depths to the point where someone can see it acted upon.

Da'wah of the Rasul's time was so beautiful that people would convert just by seeing the Rasul's ways of action, not just through his spreading if 'ilm.

Think about it. We have approximately 1.4-1.6 billion Muslims in the world. Out of those 1.4 (we're technically estimated to have been around 1.9 billion by the year 2000), roughly 70% are Sunni, out of that 70%, about 34% are literate. From that 34%, I would say approximately 12% are practicing correctly, 11% aren't practicing as much, and 11% are regarded as being too extreme. At this rate, eventually Islam will decline. Muslims aren't doing a very good job at all.

Just think of the christian statistics, how many Christians do you see actually practicing Christianity to its fullest even though its the largest religion in the world? Its the same with the Muslim statistics, how many do you see implementing Islam to its fullest even though its the second largest growing religion in the world? However I'm only comparing the validity of the statistics because some important things aren't taken into account, rather than comparing the two religions, because even do we are more practicing, its nothing to take pride in when there's a world full of improvement.

sorry for ranting.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-21-2007, 12:44 AM
Islam isn't being destroyed, Muslims are destroying themselves.

Islamicboy
04-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Assalamlikum

My cousin says that him picking up some trash and throwing it out is his Ibadah and thats it.. He lives a very easy life (secular) he told me he fears Allah S.W.T. but in his views islam is easy very easy him picking up garbage guarantees him Janaah... Also I have to agree with the above post... No human can destory islam muslims can only hurt themselves...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-21-2007, 12:52 AM
The title of the thread just throws me off. Islam can and will not be destroyed, InshAllah.

*charisma*
04-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

someone should change that inshallah. I'm sure it was unintentional though.

My cousin says that him picking up some trash and throwing it out is his Ibadah and thats it.. He lives a very easy life (secular) he told me he fears Allah S.W.T. but in his views islam is easy very easy him picking up garbage guarantees him Janaah... Also I have to agree with the above post... No human can destory islam muslims can only hurt themselves...
Tell him, inshallah, that we shouldn't count our deeds, which is more or less what he's doing. Islam is an easy religion to practice alhemdulilah, but at the same time the difficulty lies within how one percieves his level of iman. In other words, Islam whips us into a certain shape, and we have to try our best to hold that shape in position if not strive to perfect it. Then rather than standing there and thinking we're going to achieve paradise, we have to help our bretheren do the same, so we don't have the time or that luxury to feel prideful about it and say we're worthy of Jannah. There is always room for expanding and integrating Islam in our lives in everything that we do.

fi aman allah
w'salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.